Logo

blackcab

This is still the case. For example, reading this, I am on the page thaivisa.com/forum/topic/967338-logo. Clicking on the Thaivisa logo at the top left of the screen I am brought to the forum home page thaivisa.com/forum

Click Thaivisa logo.jpg

I see now what you mean. That's the mobile browser on Android devices. I found it very useful before the app Thaivisa Connect came out, and I'm not sure if Thaivisa wants to do any more work on the design for the mobile browser.

Anyway, I played around with it a little and see that there is a roundabout way to get back to the forum home page:

1. Tap on the menu icon near the top right of the screen, the three horizontal lines 
  2. In the menu that opens, tap on Forums
  3.  In the new menu that opens, tap on Forums

This brings you back to the forum home page. It is not as elegant as what you had before with tapping on the THAIVISA link near the top left of the screen and it would be nice if this could be made active again.

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

...I'm not sure if Thaivisa wants to do any more work on the design for the mobile browser.

Thank you for taking the time to write an accurate and comprehensive answer. I appreciate you taking the time to find a solution. 

I'm quite surprised by your statement I quoted above considering that:

a. The majority of users who are new to the site will be using a mobile device, and

b. The current mobile design is shocking. When you say, "any more work on the design", I'm very surprised that there has been much work done previously, because the mobile site looks a right state.

I have watched while the current design has been (badly) modified on the live site, by someone who clearly has little or no graphic design skills and not an awful lot of web design skills either. Why would you not link your forum icon to the forum home page? That is very amateurish.

Then again, who actually alters a live site of this size in a piecemeal fashion as they go along, while the users watch buttons and icons change one by one?

I won't even go into A/B testing as it's clear that is an unknown concept here.

Personally I don't care how the site is laid out, I just think it's a strange way to run a business.

Edited by blackcab