Bank in Chiang Mai

mirko

I wouldn't expect those processes to be the same in another country, I never said or even implied they were common global practices, all I said was they are Singaporean processes meaning they well designed and robust.

Have you ever had a foreign currency account with them in CM? If so did you find things well designed and robust?

39 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Have you ever had a foreign currency account with them in CM? If so did you find things well designed and robust?

No I haven't, but I do a fair amount of forex transactions with them and they seem consistently good, no issues at least.

I wouldn't expect those processes to be the same in another country, I never said or even implied they were common global practices, all I said was they are Singaporean processes meaning they well designed and robust.

How is their online banking?

Their ATM card/system?

Have you tried their credit cards? How are they?

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

How is their online banking?

Their ATM card/system?

Have you tried their credit cards? How are they?

Online is brilliant, it uses a one time password sent to your mobile phone every time you log in (with user ID and regular password) plus an email telling you that somebody is logging into your account. Ditto OTC transaction get notified to your mobile every time.

ATM's fine, no issues.

UOB called me a week ago and asked me if I wanted a credit card and I said no, you'll want me to tie up my funds as a guarantee. They said no, you're a preferred customer so you can have one, no cost (first year) and no strings attached, 350k credit limit to start so I agreed. It's just nice to have a THB card in addition to my UK Sterling cards.

Honestly Bill, if there was any negatives I'd happily disclose them but these guys are doing everything right for me. They even call me with product offerings to see if I'm interested, no hard sell just info from my regular contact person at the bank, ditto new fixed rate products are notified to me as soon as they are released. I've had accounts with a whole range of banks in my life and NONE of them have ever done that, not one and I've held balances up to 400k Pounds.