National police chief Chakthip orders probing into photo of Xaysana and immigration police

webfact

Police chief orders probing into photo of Xaysana and immigration police

31c95cea21b437ead1995878580a79f5.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- National police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda on Monday said he ordered investigation into a photo which showed senior Immigration police officers with a Lao drug lord, Xaysana Keopimphan.

The order is to find out how and why those three Immigration police posed for photo with Xaysana who is now in police custody on drug related charges.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305762

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-06

National police chief orders probe of Lao drug lord’s connection with Thai police

Chakthip.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda has ordered an investigation into the connection between  the arrested Lao drug kingpin Xaysana Kaewpimpa and some certain Thai police following the posting of several photographs on the Internet showing the drug suspect posing with both local and immigration police.

The photographs posted by a Laotian poster went viral on the social media with many viewers questioning their relationship.

Pol Gen Chakthip said he has not yet seen the photographs but has ordered the probe into the relationship between these officers and the alleged drug kingpin.

According to the Laotian net users, Xaysana was widely known as a young generation businessman who got rich from hotel and sawmill businesses. He was also well-known as a collector of supercars.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/national-police-chief-orders-probe-lao-drug-lords-connection-thai-police/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-06

13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Caught with their pants down again! But no one will remember in a week or so. Consequences are for the poor and the politically misaligned. 

Maybe.. but what exactly does the photo show. What does it prove what has the guy done (besides having bad friends or acquaintances).  It could mean a lot.. or nothing..  I can see why more proof is needed.

No, no, no and No! It´s just a friendly photo/photos with a happy tourist crossing the border. What´s the fuzz?
All other ones in different places is just for a happy man that want to show appreciation for his visa.

Edited by Get Real

This investigation will go nowhere. Just like the enquiry into Bangkok City police chief Sanit Mahathavorn who collects monthly 50,000 baht envelopes from Thai Beverage. Entitlement money from alcohol or drugs it doesn't matter; it is still money.

46 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Pol Gen Chakthip has ordered an investigation into why he didn't get his cut.

Perhaps there should be an investigation into why the RTP seniors don't have control of their men and why their men are not focused on real police work!

Example: more and more drug traffickers caught with big shipments but no progress whatever on massive reduction (any reduction) in the drugs trade and (expect for a high profile case a few days ago now involving Thai 'celebrities) no progress whatever on the big guys. 

Edited by scorecard

The first thing out of an officials mouth when confronted with an embarrassing situation is: I haven't seen it yet, I haven't heard it yet, I haven't read it yet.

In this case it's:

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Gen Chakthip said he has not yet seen the photographs

We would like to see that there is something more nefarious at work here, so that corruption or illegal activities can be prevented or reduced. Until you legalize and teach kids what drugs are and do, this problem will continue to create all kinds of problems. Plenty of experiments show that happy and well-fed people do not need drugs. And, if there is no money to be made for selling the drugs in the first place, there won't be so much push towards a use. It is an ideological question. I thought we learned a long time ago that prohibition did not get rid of drugs, just got rid of some people and made others very rich, for some time. Of course, there is a long line of people who got rich thanks to that, which might explain the reluctance from fixing the problem in the first place.

46 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

This investigation will go nowhere. Just like the enquiry into Bangkok City police chief Sanit Mahathavorn who collects monthly 50,000 baht envelopes from Thai Beverage. Entitlement money from alcohol or drugs it doesn't matter; it is still money.

Yeah, even in this day of electronic mass media and fast spreading of news, if the authorities can't or won't or don't act, the effect of the information, damning or not is small.

48 minutes ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

We would like to see that there is something more nefarious at work here, so that corruption or illegal activities can be prevented or reduced. Until you legalize and teach kids what drugs are and do, this problem will continue to create all kinds of problems. Plenty of experiments show that happy and well-fed people do not need drugs. And, if there is no money to be made for selling the drugs in the first place, there won't be so much push towards a use. It is an ideological question. I thought we learned a long time ago that prohibition did not get rid of drugs, just got rid of some people and made others very rich, for some time. Of course, there is a long line of people who got rich thanks to that, which might explain the reluctance from fixing the problem in the first place.

Great read as always. Your ending was correct. If a thing is illegal it draws a premium. Drugs are like curiosity killed the cat. Never experimented never wanted to. Different generation no so daring erring on the side of caution got me to where I am today with no mental or health problems and a darn sight wealthier. 

these Thai cops are so secure in their positions and clueless they pose for a photo with a rock star drug kingpin.

"Hello must wanted Labo drivin' druglord. Can I get your autograph? Its for my mom. And a group photo? Can we help you carry these big boxes across the border?"

Edited by NCC1701A

25 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

these Thai cops are so secure in their positions and clueless they pose for a photo with a rock star drug kingpin.

"Hello must wanted Labo drivin' druglord. Can I get your autograph? Its for my mom. And a group photo? Can we help you carry these big boxes across the border?"

And this is what comes with 'promoting' incapable small world thinkers with no aligned knowledge or focus to senior positions, through position buying and nepotism.

Edited by scorecard

Absolutely nothing will come of this. Why? Nobody here in a position of power, influence, authority, wealth, or who has family connection will ever be pursued by this administration. They are doing everything within their power to protect those people.

When was the last time you saw a man with rank, power, or current authority arrested and convicted? Never. It just does not, and will not happen. He is not interested. He is interested in protecting them, not taking them down. All of this bluster is just meant for public consumption. Would this clown have posed with this kingpin if he thought there was even a 1% chance something would come of it? Never in a million years. This guy is not dumb. He is simply corrupt to the bone.

Edited by spidermike007