TOT Fiber2u New Packages 50-200 Mbps (700-1200 thb)

muratremix

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually internet package prices are not inclusive of tax, so plan on adding 7% VAT.  I've always found that odd.  Posted prices for items in stores are VAT-inclusive, so why not everything else, too?

2 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Usually internet package prices are not inclusive of tax, so plan on adding 7% VAT.  I've always found that odd.  Posted prices for items in stores are VAT-inclusive, so why not everything else, too?

Seems for "products/goods" (i.e., something you can physically touch) the VAT is included in the price but for "services" like internet, TV, phone, etc., (something you can't touch) VAT is not included in the basic price.

Then I see this pricing scheme on ToT website...

http://www.tot.co.th/Promotion/Detail.aspx?id=32F50283A6AC49D79DF607E31600C562

What possibly could be the rational for the huge price oscillation in the various packages?

Perhaps the confusion is that I cannot read the Thai language "fine print" or the stated terms / conditions?

Strong_Life_2_fiber_net.png

Edited by bangkok101

54 minutes ago, bangkok101 said:

What possibly could be the rational for the huge price oscillation in the various packages?

Perhaps the confusion is that I cannot read the Thai language "fine print" or the stated terms / conditions?

You are looking at business packages and wondering why the price difference.

Unless you want a business package stay in the home area http://www.tot.co.th/Promotion/Detail.aspx?id=47730436FDFD422F98906F12F9D77FC2

Do you need public ipv4? Do you have the need to access stuff on your home network from wan. Eg. A security camera system.

2 hours ago, maxpower said:

Unless you want a business package stay in the home area http://www.tot.co.th/Promotion/Detail.aspx?id=47730436FDFD422F98906F12F9D77FC2

Do you need public ipv4? Do you have the need to access stuff on your home network from wan. Eg. A security camera system.

what are the main differences between home and business packages.....static IP, additional IP addresses??

thanks,

3 hours ago, maxpower said:

TOT don't have any business packages on Fibre. They used to but no longer. Anyone that still has one from 2-3 years ago has the same contention ratio as a home package, they are just paying more.

The "Strong Life" package referred to above is just the old home package now superseded.

All TOT Fibre packages come with public IPv4 - unless something has changed very recently.

4 hours ago, bangkok101 said:

What is  Dynamic Public IPv4 (can port forward freely), and is it something i would need??

Thanks in advance.

Not everybody needs it. But if you need to access your devices at home, while you are away (NAS, Camera, IoT stuff) you would prefer a real IP address rather than CGNAT.

14 minutes ago, thedemon said:

TOT don't have any business packages on Fibre. They used to but no longer. Anyone that still has one from 2-3 years ago has the same contention ratio as a home package, they are just paying more.

The "Strong Life" package referred to above is just the old home package now superseded.

All TOT Fibre packages come with public IPv4 - unless something has changed very recently.

ToT offers public IPv4.....whats the alternative??

58 minutes ago, thedemon said:

TOT have business packages on fiber with fixed IP,  availability is limited for obvious reasons. 

For me, having a stable, reliable, good speed home internet connection is an important consideration.

Thus, that's a service that I would NEVER especially want to trust to a Thai quasi-government entity like TOT (or CAT) for that matter. Too many horror stories from past TOT internet customers, and too much experience with their "we don't really care" attitude toward their customers.

58 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For me, having a stable, reliable, good speed home internet connection is an important consideration.

Thus, that's a service that I would NEVER especially want to trust to a Thai quasi-government entity like TOT (or CAT) for that matter. Too many horror stories from past TOT internet customers, and too much experience with their "we don't really care" attitude toward their customers.

You might not be too happy if the power plug was pulled on CAT and TOT.

25 minutes ago, maxpower said:

You might not be too happy if the power plug was pulled on CAT and TOT.

I understand the role those two have, unfortunately, in connecting Thailand to the rest of the world's internet.

UNFORTUNATELY being the operative word there.

But I was talking/posting about their customer-facing consumer ISP services, which IMHO are pathetic.

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I understand the role those two have, unfortunately, in connecting Thailand to the rest of the world's internet.

UNFORTUNATELY being the operative word there.

But I was talking/posting about their customer-facing consumer ISP services, which IMHO are pathetic.

In the world of Telecoms things change fast.

Not so long ago, TRUE Corp were the main player in consumer broadband and cable TV. Look at them now.

Until fairly recently AIS wasn't in the broadband business. Look at them now.

Love them or hate them, TOT are a serious choice nowadays.  

CAT/TOT = govt majority owned/controlled with a strong labor union.   The perfect combination for mediocre performance....kinda like Thai Airlines, State Railway of Thailand, etc.   But hey, sometimes miracles can occur....we can hope.

2 hours ago, thedemon said:

Could you post a link or some details please.

The TOT website lists the business packages but its not always up to date due to ever the changing IP situation. Enquiries are best done via the central number
and then ask for the local office in your area.

We are currently doing some work for TOT in Bangkok, lots happening around the scramble to catch up with FTTH.

On 2/10/2017 at 8:53 PM, bangkok101 said:

Strong_Life_2_fiber_net.png

I was kinda confused by this too. there are two promotions; Extreme Strong & this new Extreme. The speeds are wildly different as are prices, yet both are advertised. i currently use the 45Mbps 'Strong' with IPTV , but this new 'extreme' seems a much better deal.

As always, I fear that a visit to my local TOT will leave me more confused and ultimately frustrated, so hoping someone out there will save me that frustration and figure it out

As for TOT Strong Life (start from 1300 thb one)

from what I understand using google translate with camera translate (thai - english does not let me use camera, but english - thai does and then I can change it back to thai - english while camera is open), this promotion has 08 - 17.00 free calls to fixed lines. So it must come with a phone number (VOIP) . However, bandwidth is shared and not guaranteed. They also ask 12 month contract for free install and equipment I guess.

Although bw is shared, I guess this one must provide more bandwidth than the amazing TOT Extreme Fiber packages :)

However, if one is using Singapore vpn, one must stick to the higher down/up speed plan at lower cost.

On 09/02/2017 at 8:24 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Time for another visit to the office to upgrade my rate.

You can do it over the phone 1100 - you'll need the following ready to hand, plus a large dollop of patience:

• The number for the modem unit, there should be a sticker on the top left by the engineer
  • Your TOT account number (see top of bill)
  • The ID number of the account holder 

After the engineer checks your connection will go to the new speed they'll switch you over, usually done the same working day. They warn you that if you've not been on the existing contract more than 12 months there may be a Bht1,000 surcharge. 

When it comes to figuring out the TOT website promotions regarding their fiber plans, I gave up long ago.   But if they make perfect sense in Thai then I expect that's all TOT cares about....the heck with including enough English in the ads to help farangs figure the promotions out but I realize farangs are probably just a drop in the bucket customer base wise.

Edited by Pib