J1li1White

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, J1li1White said:

Dear Sanemax,

First many thks for your quick reply

Do you confirm that police can't receive her complain and can't escalade it to a court ?

As I'm now working in BKK ... I'm pretty anxious

It seems to me the only reason you wouldn't want to take a DNA test is to avoid paying for your child.

Man-up, take the DNA test, and if it is yours, help support the kid. If it is not yours, then you are free of obligation and can go on your merry way as a man.

6 hours ago, catman20 said:

or be responsible and mess the rest of your life up. so many of these girls try to trap a man for there own means, if it was a one night stand move on if its a loving relationship try to work it out. sorry lads i know my comment here wont sit well with many.

Oh, you are so right about your comments not sitting well with some.  So, you think the big factor is whether or not it was a short- or long-time; the fact it may be your child has nothing to do with it?

Love your comment, " . . .be responsible and mess the rest of your life up." Tells a lot about you.

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Sure. If it was a one night stand, I would agree. But in this case the OP was in a relationship with the girl.

I don't see what a short-time has to do with it--if it is your child you have a responsibility.

3 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

You should stay out of it and let the lady pursue a civil action if she wishes. If she does so, then engage a lawyer and follow his/her advice. 

She wants a monetary payment from you. The chances are that any lump sum, or child maintenance, you give her will be spent by herself, for herself, with the child looked after by her family. Realistically, it is unlikely that you can improve the life of the mother, or the child (whomever is the father), except in a committed relationship with the mother (which is clearly impossible). 

Do not respond to her. If she does commence a legal action then lawyer up as I said before. Do not take a DNA test unless your lawyer advises. 

This is something that happened in the past. Leave it there and try and move on.

Wrong advice on all points. 

22 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Well hello Sherlock, Maybe as the relationship was trashed they might not have had  sex for a while.... what ya reckon ?

I'd reckon the OP was smart enough to do the math. I'd also reckon that the relationship would not last after the sex stopped. So, I reckon your "for a while" is far too long; my dear Watson.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Oh, you are so right about your comments not sitting well with some.  So, you think the big factor is whether or not it was a short- or long-time; the fact it may be your child has nothing to do with it?

Love your comment, " . . .be responsible and mess the rest of your life up." Tells a lot about you.

we are all entailed to our own options you have yours and i have mine. i am not a victim to be trapped by some hooker, if you are crack on, enjoy.:smile:

5 hours ago, SteveB2 said:

It's easy to carry out the buccal swab (mouth swipe) sample for a DNA test yourself and send it off for analysis by mail order, however, this type of ad-hoc 'do it yourself' test is not accepted by a Thai court.

However, it will give you and the new mum a heads up of where you both stand with a high level of reliability. Faced with this evidence, if it is proven that you are in the clear, then the new mum will likely give up and move on to finding out who the real dad is. I've done this before, and it worked like a charm. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, if the new mom wants to persist and drag you through the courts, then your ad-hoc 'do it yourself DNA test' will not be considered reliable. :angry: ...

For evidence admissible in a Thai court, the entire suspected family unit is sent to the Police (Forensic) Hospital in Bangkok for testing(2nd floor for Photograph, DNA, and Fingerprint) whereupon official police photo certificates and DNA testing result certificates are produced complete with 'Garuda' police stamps and police signatures announcing the results. The testing process cost about THB12, 000 (receipted) plus a trip to Bangers for you, the mum and the mystery child. All present must bring with you all the normal original ID documents, birth certificates, etc. Photographs will be made by the police during testing.

DNA testing results take about 1-2 weeks to become available, and can be either collected or sent through the post by EMS.

Hope this info helps :jap:

Incidently...

It is also a serious offence (possibly involving a criminal court case for government related administrative fraud  - with jail time likely!) if the women falsely puts a mans name down as the father of her child on the Thai birth certificate,  when he is not! :whistling:

I have been there too.  Government officials at the Ampheur Office were chomping at the bit to proceed , however, I decided not to pursue jail time for the kid’s mom and 'Maipenrai' the legal case - I felt she'd lost enough face already. :jap:

3 hours ago, frog555 said:

50% of custody ?

It is theorical.

The facts show that you are totally wrong in most of cases.

Macho ? For a feminist or a brain-washed, certainly I am.

Read my posts, then you would understand that the brainwashed are the ones who abandon their kids.

He will indeed have the same rights as the mother and he will have 50% custody. I did the same and was awarded with all what I mentioned above by the Family Court. Apart from accepting his responsibilities the OP can get a Non O and an extension of stay for being the father of a Thai.

Edited by hanuman2543

6 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

He will indeed have the same rights as the mother and he will have 50% custody. I did the same and was awarded with all what I mentioned above by the Family Court. Apart from accepting his responsibilities the OP can get a Non O and an extension of stay for being the father of a Thai.

I don't say this doesn't exist.

Nevertheless, in practice, it is not the general case.

Besides, there are several conditions which may this case not applicable (living in the same city, be able to work in the country, ...).

43 minutes ago, catman20 said:

we are all entailed to our own options you have yours and i have mine. i am not a victim to be trapped by some hooker, if you are crack on, enjoy.:smile:

You sure do have no clue.

So, now you claim it's only a matter of opinion as to whether or not a father should help support his child, eh?

You're not being trapped by some hooker, if the DNA proves it's yours.

On 2017/2/10 at 5:11 PM, dbrenn said:

She can take you to court and the court may order that the child be legitimised with you as its father. In such a case, the court may also order you to contribute to supporting the child until it reaches 20 years of age. 

Should have used a condom mate. 

http://www.siam-legal.com/legal_services/Child-Support-in-Thailand.php

Les français n'aiment pas de preservatives(condoms).

On 2017/2/10 at 6:04 PM, mesquite said:

You should voluntarily take the DNA test.  If it shows the baby is not yours, she has no claim.  If it shows the baby is yours, you should pay child support as that is your responsibility.

I would take her to a private clinic of my choice to do the DNA test just in case someone bribe the Lab guy and give me a false report. This is Thailand you know, not France.

The mother clearly wanted the child (for whatever reason), but didn't tell the supposed father until after the child was born. If she wanted the father in her life (or the child's life), she would have told him once she knew she was pregnant. The father could have paid for an abortion if that is what she wanted. Her choice.

Maybe the mother doesn't really know what she wants. Maybe she just wanted a farang baby, maybe she just wants financial support, maybe she wants the farang back, maybe the father is someone else who has done a runner. Who knows? But the best advice for a farang is to stay out of the whole mess if you can.

J1 li1 White;

Can a court force a DNA paternity test?

Well, of course. Courts have power.

The real question here is are you the father. You need to know. You should be requesting the paternity test to confirm or deny parentage.

Once you have determined if you are the father, then (if necessary) you can fulfill your parental responsibilities to your child.

If the child is yours you have a moral obligation to prepare the child for life in todays world. Not a responsibility to shirk or be taken lightly. This parental obligation is yours regardless or the mothers actions. If the DNA test shows you are the Dad - you are responsible for the child. Take care of your son.

If the DNA test shows you are not the father - you can walk away without obligation, head held high and a clear mind.

Good luck.  

12 hours ago, dbrenn said:

She can take you to court and the court may order that the child be legitimised with you as its father. In such a case, the court may also order you to contribute to supporting the child until it reaches 20 years of age. 

Should have used a condom mate. 

http://www.siam-legal.com/legal_services/Child-Support-in-Thailand.php

Why then, don't they do that with all cases of pregnancy against Thai men ???

1 hour ago, kangaloowest said:

Whether or not Thai men use condoms and/or accept responsibility is totally besides the point.

You father a child, that child is your responsibility to ensure the child has food and clothing and an education, and emotional well-being, caring, love and stability, at the very least.

Edited by scorecard

13 hours ago, catman20 said:

i had a similar case a few years back she want 2 million baht off me to have an abortion i went to a lawyer and he said that if she was over age and not some school girl your OK. my lady at that time was 30 he said ignore her altogether email phone calls sms. i did what he told me 6 months ago i get an email with a picture of a 3 years old half Thai half farang girl.

You must be very proud. Congratulations. Now that you know you have a child, I'm sure you'll do the right thing and take responsibility for her care and future. 

7 hours ago, kangaloowest said:

Perhaps they do in some cases. I think that most people would keep such matters private, which could be why we don't hear about them. Others at the bottom end of society may be unaware that they have any legal recourse. The lady in question is going to the police, who will be unable to help her in a civil case. If she got a lawyer, who took the case to court, then the OP mat be in financial trouble if he has assets here. 

The fact remains that there is the possibility of being obliged by a court order to take responsibility for that moment of passion. The lady in question does sound disagreeable - all the more reason to take precautions when firing off that parting shot on the relationship.

Edited by dbrenn

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hey frog stop being such a cheapskate and go pay your child support!

How about proof before committing to perhaps something you are not responsible for>
If you are the legitimate Father, then I fully agree, step up and take full responsibility for the child,
But solid evidence is required first and foremost !!

I had a Thai woman, some two years ago, come to me, saying I was Father of her child,
I knew I wasn't, and spent near on 30,000 Baht in Bangkok having a DNA test done,
WRONG, it wasn't me,

Her friend later confides in me, that was desperate for a father for her child and that she did not know who was responsible.