Tourism minister hopes more Muslim visitors will be lured to Thailand

snoop1130

By The Nation

THAILAND could become a major halal-tourism destination after the opening of Al Meroz Halal Hotel, Thailand’s first halal-friendly property, on Ramkhamhaeng Road in Bangkok.

Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul is aiming to attract more Muslim visitors. 

The hotel is owned by prominent Thai-Muslim businessman Rausak Mulsap, president and chief executive officer of TS Family Group.

Kobkarn said the Al Meroz would help make Thailand a Muslim-friendly destination. 

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306264

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-2-13

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I detest Islam as evil and divisive I do like staying in a Hotel with a lot of Muslim guests, as we did last week in Bangkok. For one thing it means the menus are more extensive. Another positive is that they are not likely to come back at 3.a.m drunk and causing a noise, or worse have a new 'girlfriend' in tow then keep you up half the night while they get their monies worth. Muslim visitors are OK by me.

Edited by thai3

When I came to Thailand on holiday I never got asked what religion I was by the immigration. Maybe times have changed. Why class people by their religion. Why not class them on what they come to Thailand on holiday for.

- The beautiful beaches
- The friendly people and interesting culture.
- The entertainment side
- The outdoor adventurist

Etc.... not
- Lets build a muslim pray room
- Muslim food
- Bibles in the hotel draw
- Koran in the hotel draw
- kosher meat in the fridge

Leave religion out of it T.a.t lady. Don't label us. We come to Thailand as one. The holidaymaker. Or should we have 3 lines at immigration airport arrivals. One for Christians, one for Muslims and one for Buddhists.

59 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

When I came to Thailand on holiday I never got asked what religion I was by the immigration. Maybe times have changed. Why class people by their religion. Why not class them on what they come to Thailand on holiday for.

- The beautiful beaches
- The friendly people and interesting culture.
- The entertainment side
- The outdoor adventurist

Etc.... not
- Lets build a muslim pray room
- Muslim food
- Bibles in the hotel draw
- Koran in the hotel draw
- kosher meat in the fridge

Leave religion out of it T.a.t lady. Don't label us. We come to Thailand as one. The holidaymaker. Or should we have 3 lines at immigration airport arrivals. One for Christians, one for Muslims and one for Buddhists.

It's just another lure, different bait catches different tourists.

Got to have a some sort of method for boosting those numbers.

No better or worse than any other idea

...if it succeeds that is.

Don't get so wound up by it. 

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

Although I detest Islam as evil and divisive I do like staying in a Hotel with a lot of Muslim guests, as we did last week in Bangkok. For one thing it means the menus are more extensive. Another positive is that they are not likely to come back at 3.a.m drunk and causing a noise, or worse have a new 'girlfriend' in tow then keep you up half the night while they get their monies worth. Muslim visitors are OK by me.

Right, with 5am alah ahkbar blaring through the property's speakers ?

I like my life religion free and that includes Buddhism...

Ni dieu ni maître. No one needs to tell me how to live my life. Nobody needs to die for my sins. 

34 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Don't be paranoid.

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

if you succumb to paranoia then the real terrorists have won without doing anything.

I have worked in Saudi Arabia for five years before I retired and I

SORRY HAVE VISITERS MUST BREAK OFF HERE.

I

Its the  children molesters and gropers in public pools that's the problem in Europe apart from terrorists 

New Bangkok hotel aims to be Muslim-friendly
By THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- THAILAND could become a major halal-tourism destination after the opening of Al Meroz Halal Hotel, Thailand’s first halal-friendly property, on Ramkhamhaeng Road in Bangkok.

Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul is aiming to attract more Muslim visitors. 

The hotel is owned by prominent Thai-Muslim businessman Rausak Mulsap, president and chief executive officer of TS Family Group.

Kobkarn said the Al Meroz would help make Thailand a Muslim-friendly destination. 

A Muslim-friendly-destination mobile application, a search tool for Muslim travellers, was also launched recently.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/EconomyAndTourism/30306280

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-14

Besides a prayer room, some facilities such as the swimming pool are separated for men and women.

Different lanes, a plastic divider, two seperate pools or the women swim in the shallow end and the men in the deep?
Do they wear a special swimsuit too? Anyone know? No bigotry intended. Just curious.

1 minute ago, Wilsonandson said:

Different lanes, a plastic divider, two seperate pools or the women swim in the shallow end and the men in the deep?
Do they wear a special swimsuit too? Anyone know? No bigotry intended. Just curious.

Maybe like this?dive.jpg

Within the next 12 months there will be a story saying Muslim have done something bad to tourism then a change in getting "good guys in" reducing Muslim visitors.. 6 months later this decline will be the blame for tourist visitors decline in number.

9 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Don't be paranoid.

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

if you succumb to paranoia then the real terrorists have won without doing anything.

I have worked in Saudi Arabia for five years before I retired and I

SORRY HAVE VISITERS MUST BREAK OFF HERE.

I

Taliban at the door!

11 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Uighur and Rohingya muslim visitors especially welcome.

:whistling:

If they had loads of money to spend, it wouldn't be a problem. The Thai tourist authority is a bit fickle like that.