PM appoints new mayor for Pattaya

snoop1130

PM appoints new mayor for Pattaya

1000_S44.jpg

Pattaya city councillor Pol Maj-Gen Anant Charoenchasri was Thursday appointed the new Pattaya mayor by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha, invoking his special powers vested by Section 44 of the interim constitution.

Under the executive order issued by the prime minister, the new mayor of Pattaya city is authorized to handpick four deputies to assist him in his performance of duty.

Pol Maj-Gen Anant told the media on Thursday that he would immediately start working in his new capacity as the city mayor. He said his top priorities are to make sure that running water and electricity supply as well as traffic condition in Pattaya are managed effectively and they function smoothly.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-appoints-new-mayor-pattaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-2-16

17 minutes ago, tropo said:

Not a word about why the new old mayor has been replaced.

So this new guy will solve all the traffic, electricity and water problems?

In the BKK post it said that the term of the old major ended june 2016, and because no elections allowed (seems it applies elections of majors too) it was up to the junta to appoint one. 

Shortly after 2014 coup, the junta banned all elections until further notice but allowed some existing provincial administrations to serve their terms.

For Pattaya, the term of the elected council led by Itthipol Khunploem ended in June 2016.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

In the BKK post it said that the term of the old major ended june 2016, and because no elections allowed (seems it applies elections of majors too) it was up to the junta to appoint one. 

Thanks for the update. I thought there was a new one already as they were discussing the new council chambers.  

Edited by tropo

And an ex "Police" Major General no less........already has the wealth having been there and done that stuff......and now after the real cream.......for jam!

I guessing he's not there for the extra new Benz.....this one is for the kids!

Edited by ChrisY1

Every change possible that can make a change in Pattaya is welcome. It just can´t get worse than it already is. It was high time for a change. Let´s see what this can do to take away some of all the things that has been making the city to a massive dark hole of criminality.

14 hours ago, tropo said:

Not a word about why the new old mayor has been replaced.

So this new guy will solve all the traffic, electricity and water problems?

This is why we call them journashits and not journalists !

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Nepotism.  What happened to an election where the local community choose their mayor?  Now this guy gets to choose 4 of his mates.

Community? The will of the preople? The good of the people? Why? Why not just maintain absolute control over everything they possibly can? 

Little P. Moving Thailand backwards at an alarming pace. 

Hard to see that happening, he has no history of ever doing anything except being part of the system which is the problem. What is he going to do go outside the box and hired people who are actually qualify to solve the problem.  He will be using the same system that created the problem. 

Is he the same guy that raided Windmill the other night?

Hard to see that happening, he has no history of ever doing anything except being part of the system which is the problem. What is he going to do go outside the box and hired people who are actually qualify to solve the problem.  He will be using the same system that created the problem. 
Is he the same guy that raided Windmill the other night?

When has there ever been a concept of 'the right person for the job' here. It doesn't exist. People pay to be promoted so service/conduct/efficiency are all 'thrown out the window' and corruption continues to escalate like years (P.M's) before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

When has there ever been a concept of 'the right person for the job' here. It doesn't exist. People pay to be promoted so service/conduct/efficiency are all 'thrown out the window' and corruption continues to escalate like years (P.M's) before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, I might not have written it in a manner you would like to agree with me but that is pretty much what I was saying. 

On 2/16/2017 at 10:00 PM, ChrisY1 said:

And an ex "Police" Major General no less........already has the wealth having been there and done that stuff......and now after the real cream.......for jam!

I guessing he's not there for the extra new Benz.....this one is for the kids!

Let us hope he achieves success and financial benefit as much as his predecessor.

Thank Buddha that this guy will ensure municipal water and provincial electricity to Pattaya residents. Our condo buildings, with over 500 rooms, only get a 1/2" pipe supply of municipal water now, at about 8 PSI. For years we have been waiting for adequate municipal water. Some days we have to get 15 truck loads of water.

We only got the 1/2" pipe supply after the Army ordered the municipal water authority to deliver.