Does all Thai girls talk just a little?

farang2017

Hello everyone.

It may be a bit silly topic for some of you but there is a thing that pissing me off in my girlfriend. We know each other for about 7 months now and we not living together as I'm living in another country. We talk almost everyday on messenger or video calls but I feel like for the all of the time I have to keep up conversation. Many times we have a stupid silence as she not talk and I have no more topics. When I talk. I usually ask her questions and she just answer a little bit. She is not interested much about myself and my past or feelings and she expect the same from me. She keeps saying millions times how much she loves me but thats not how people build real relationship. We are planning to get married but I'm very worried that I will be very bored with her :)

There is another financial issue which I'm not really happy with. She only stays at home and not feel to help me in any way. I send her money every month. Otherwise she is a wonderful girl and I'm sure she don't cheat on me. She is just lazy I think.

Edited by farang2017

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what's her english level? is she capable of forming more complex sentences? can she use tenses beyond present simpe? how extensive is her vocabulary? is she able to express opinion coherently? able to communicate abstract ideas?

or do you have to resort to humiliating pidgin english or mimic her atrocious english in order to communicate? in which case forget lively, stimulating, intelligent conversation.

What is her background?

Where does she come from?

Has she ever been outside of Thailand?

Does she have any idea about your daily life?

The cultural gap can be huge.

Don't expect that your girlfriend understands much about your life.

Hang on --  from the syntax of the OP, it would appear that English is not his first language, so it would be unfair to ladle the blame on the girl.  Having said that - if someone is worried about "getting bored",  "She is not interested much about myself " ,  " She is just lazy I think. " ,  etc, etc,  it's probably time to look for the girl who is more to your liking.  Thai girls come in all flavours -- there are some who want to know absolutely everything, so  -- be careful what you wish for.....   ;)

Edited by jpinx

28 minutes ago, samsensam said:

what's her english level? is she capable of forming more complex sentences? can she use tenses beyond present simpe? how extensive is her vocabulary? is she able to express opinion coherently? able to communicate abstract ideas?

Your really are asking a lot from a 12 year old samsensam..........:coffee1:

29 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

Stop giving her money and see how much she loves you then

Or to say it in a slightly different way try stopping sending her money and see if she still has nothing to say when you call to her?

You said it yourself in the original post "I'm very worried that I will be very bored with her", if you feel this way before getting married it should be enough of a warning sign to stop this while you can. There are plenty of women in Thailand, listen to your inner voice and find someone that you do not find to be boring.

You are right to be concerned. You have hit on 2 of the biggest issues when it comes to relationships with Thai women: 1. They are really not all that interested in you but in what you can do for them....not good for the long term and 2. Communication, not all their fault since it's partly cultural, their parents didn't talk like you want to so where would they learn....answer: the most successful marriage I've witnessed so far was a friend from the US who married a tour guide who also had a college degree. Not only was she smart but she had to talk to groups of people for a living and so she could definitely keep up her end of a conversation. Good luck! 

12 hours ago, samsensam said:

or do you have to resort to humiliating pidgin english or mimic her atrocious english in order to communicate? in which case forget lively, stimulating, intelligent conversation.

We know her math skills are excellent.

Do all Thai girls talk just a little?

You've obviously have never talked to my wife.  But, then again, she is not a girl, she's a woman.  Get out more into the Thai community.  Take your gf with you and see how she interacts with other Thais.  Still quiet?  Then she's just a quiet girl. 
To answer your broad-brush-stroke question.  No, all Thai girls (and women) do not talk just a little.  Some talk more; some talk less.  That's sort of universal across all cultures. 

And I hate to be the one telling you this, but you're probably not the only guy sending her money, and if you're not in the country, there's a better than even chance that she has a boyfriend with whom she can talk to.
As a previous poster say, "Run Forest, Run!"

Edited by connda

Thais tend not to ask "inquisitive" questions of each other (so my wife tells me).  Considered impolite.  I have been happily married for close to five years, but I have noticed that even now my wife holds back from asking questions about my past.  But when I voluntarily offer up some tit-bit [sorry, I mean "event"] from my past, she eagerly pursues it and asks questions.

Maybe the OP should talk to her about previous girlfriends, if he has any.

Let's get it straight, she not interested in u and what keep her video chat u is the support u given every month.. if a gal that tell u she love u so much she would try to understand what kind of person u r since u both planning to get married.. "she only stays home" dun she work?? Jus living with the money u send monthly? Umm.. this relationship more like gal looking for sugar daddy

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect