Goodbye to Thailand (for a while maybe)

ELVIS123456

On 3/28/2017 at 1:02 PM, JimCrane said:

so far i can support the saying that if you dont like the people, its not a good idea to move to another country. i have not found the ideal where im in an isolated living situation with access to necessities, living very affordably and surrounded by beautiful women, without the hassles of most of the local populations problems, yet, but im still looking.

I just ignore the local men, they get the hint quite quickly and I'm the only foreigner in a Thai moobaan of 250 houses.

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

The cycling and hiking here are excellent, very hard to get bored when you can just go out on the mountains and in the jungle everyday.

Where do you go hiking?  Where do you live?  Road or mountain biking.

Yes a hunt is a hunt.   

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, speedtripler said:

Or has done  it all too many times before and needs a change? 

Given how large and diverse Thailand is, I can safely say one can ever do it all "too many times".

Of course, one that thinks flying from place to place is "seeing Thailand" is going to do it all in about a week.

After all, unless one has been on that "secret island", a lost world, with a full-scale community of travelers, not just passing through, but actually living there, one hasn't seen much at all :biggrin:.

Just wondering about the financial implications? Could I make a new start in Oz with wife and two kids, with 300000 AUD savings and a pension of about 8500 AUD? The wife finishes her degree here.

Just came back after a visit. Every bus trip cost $ 5 each way, was blowing $20 a day just on buses

It's one of the most expensive countries on planet earth.

Your 300k won't attract much bank interest and investing in the stock market is perilous

1 hour ago, toughlove said:

Your 300k won't attract much bank interest and investing in the stock market is perilous

Wasn't thinking about investing, I'll rephrase: can one settle in Oz with 300000? i.e buy a decent car, furniture? And can a family of 4 survive with AUD 8500 a month. I am pessimistic as this gives me a comfortable life here, so it would be likely to be an uphill battle in Oz. A lot would depend of course on the job opportunities for my wife.

Edited by KiChakayan

On 14/01/2018 at 7:59 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

Chiang Mai, hiking mainly on and around Doi Suthep. I have road and MTB, past 6 months mainly MTB so many tracks and trails, but when I get bored back to the road bike.

cave approach.jpg

This is so beautifull!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 8:21 PM, blubb said:

another description, I run out of cash :) 

Funny how Newbies always smirk this remark

Never realizing how backwards it is....

Those that run out of cash stay as they have no options to move

Those with cash move freely between countries

3 hours ago, mania said:

Funny how Newbies always smirk this remark

Never realizing how backwards it is....

Those that run out of cash stay as they have no options to move

Those with cash move freely between countries

Those with cash may move freely between countries, but they certainly won't be coming on TV to brag about it.

It's the bitter, twisted, and typically broke ones who feel a need to provide a trip report and insist that they made the right decision to leave.

On 23/02/2017 at 10:00 AM, Bung said:

If you work in Australia for ten years you get a pension? Really? 

No , you will get a part pension, if you work in australia for 35 years you get the full pension, i also know of many aussie's that have bought thai wives to this country only to lose them after they get permenent residency, 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...