Request Error (invalid_request)

MikeWill

Request Error (invalid_request)

Your request could not be processed.

This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Have you see this? Does it happened to you?

What could be a problem?

How to fix it?

P.S.

1. While I got this error with Maxthon and also with IE 7, am able to proceed with Firefox 2 (not consistently though). So probably it isn't a computer problem.

2. Googling on "Request Error (invalid_request)" shows many pages with the same problem, but I wasn't able to see any recommendations/solutions.

P.P.S. I tried to submit this post using all my browsers (i.e. Maxthon, IE7, Firefox2), and all of them produced the a/m error while I clicked on either "Preview Post" or "Post New Topic" buttons.

Edited by Condo_bk

I have ZoneAlarm Pro, and also NOD32 Anti-Virus that I just installed a couple of days ago. Actually. I suspect that the NOD32 is causing that problem. Currently I'm checking that issue.

My system is as following:

--

OS - Win XP Pro SP2 and IE v.6

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2000MHz

MB - ASUS A8N-SLi Premium w/(2x1024) 2GB Corsair DDR 400MHz

HDD - 300GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 16MB SATA-II NCQ

VGA - ASUS eXtreme Nvidia GeForce N6600GT 128MB DDR3

PSU - CoolerMaster Real Power 550W

Case - CoolerMaster Centurion 532

--

Do you get this error if visiting other sites/forums ?

YES, exactly the same, even on my own site.

Sounds like corrupted packets. I assume you have an ADSL connection, can you do a QoS (quality of service) test without a technician? Another way is to open up a command prompt and ping a site you are having trouble with. See if there are errors when the ping completes.

Try running an Internet speed test, I believe this one will show QoS also. >http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp

Thanks for the reply, tywais.

You guessed correctly, I am on TRUE ADSL 256/128 kbps.

I've tried to run the speed test (at: http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp ). Unfortunately, I can't get the results probably due to the server overload (a.k.a. "Invalid session" or "Due to bandwidth limitations..."), but will continue trying.

As I mentioned previously, I suspect that the problem is related to the Anti-Virus NOD32 v2.7 that I just installed a couple of days ago. It has a special module called IMON (Internet Monitor). When this module is disabled, I have no problems at all.

I have contacted tech. support at NOD32 and awaiting for their reply. As soon as I get some info, I will post it here.

P.S. Is someone here using the Anti-Virus NOD32 v2.7 and having the similar issues?

Edited by Condo_bk

Sorry, missed the NOD32 part. Here is something you might try:

"Depending on which web browser is used, it may be necessary to adjust IMON's Compatibility Mode settings for the web browser from Higher Compatibility to Higher Efficiency. This can be done by viewing the settings for the IMON Threat Protection Module, clicking on the Setup button, going to the HTTP tab and clicking on the Client Compatibility button towards the bottom of the window. Using the Higher Compatibility mode may prevent IMON's HTTP scanner from detecting all threats as it receives and passes files being downloaded in blocks instead of allowing the whole file first to download first."

Thanks, tywais. I already tried changing the setting to the "Higher Efficiency" mode for my browsers - it doesn't help. {"Higher Compatibility" was the default mode for all Internet applications.}

Edited by Condo_bk