Problem Migrating Mdb Database 97 To 2003

opalhort

We have five mdb (Access97) databases created with Office 97 on Win98.

All of them have a lot of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code, most of which is similar. Four of them migrated to Office 2003 on WIN-XP without problems.

But our main, and most important mdb has problems. I get the error: "Visual Basic for Applications is corrupted". It does work on WIN-XP PCs which have Office 97 installed, but it can't be migrated to a later version of MS Office.

I have tried everything I could think of, including deleting parts of the DB but nothing worked.

If any of you great knowledgeable people have any idea how to solve this, for me urgent, problem please let me know. I have uploaded the entire DB (just over 80MB) to our server and can provide the link by PM to anybody who thinks he/she could help me in this matter. :o

opalhort

I use Access 2003 but my conversion from 97 was straight forward since no VBA being used. A couple of places to look at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/H...1033.aspx#acc97

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html

Thank you very much for the links 'tywais' :o

They look very promising and I will work on it over the weekend.

opalhort

Some VBA things break even from Access 2000 to Access 2003 like custom form properties. I work with Access/VBA for a living. Post or PM me the link and I will have a look.

Peter

We have five mdb (Access97) databases created with Office 97 on Win98.

All of them have a lot of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code, most of which is similar. Four of them migrated to Office 2003 on WIN-XP without problems.

But our main, and most important mdb has problems. I get the error: "Visual Basic for Applications is corrupted". It does work on WIN-XP PCs which have Office 97 installed, but it can't be migrated to a later version of MS Office.

I have tried everything I could think of, including deleting parts of the DB but nothing worked.

If any of you great knowledgeable people have any idea how to solve this, for me urgent, problem please let me know. I have uploaded the entire DB (just over 80MB) to our server and can provide the link by PM to anybody who thinks he/she could help me in this matter. :o

opalhort

Some VBA things break even from Access 2000 to Access 2003 like custom form properties. I work with Access/VBA for a living. Post or PM me the link and I will have a look.

Peter

Thank you very much Peter for all the help you gave me via PM/e-mail. It worked very well and took less than 15 minutes to complete.

Why do the software companies, esp. MS make life so difficult for us old folks?

Thanks and regards :o

opalhort