Is this the ultimate proof the bubble is about to burst?

Poured concrete walls surround a fully-equipped nuclear fallout shelter on the ground floor of each villa, because at Sanctum safety and security come first, no matter the circumstances.

Flanking the master bedroom, steel-strong doors, hidden safes, and monitoring stations are just some of the features in Sanctum’s integrated panic room, offering an impenetrable shelter for all eventualities.

For sure it won't Sell..

real gal estate in that price bracket anywhere in Thailand, even in Bangkok...has a very limited market...

one mega upmarket Residence in Bangkok, I looked at about 5 years back, they are still trying to sell some of,the units there ????

Silly Prices...

just my my two cents worth...

They’ve started construction on the first one, which would imply they have a buyer.

If I could own land and they would be willing to negotiate about the price, I would certainly be interested.

And as written above, this offering has nothing to do with bubble economics.

1 hour ago, lkn said:

If I could own land and they would be willing to negotiate about the price, I would certainly be interested.

And as such, you aren't interested.

Just like no one will be.

9 hours ago, lkn said:

They’ve started construction on the first one, which would imply they have a buyer.

And as written above, this offering has nothing to do with bubble economics.

Should you want to speculate on land for capital gain, you pay 10m for the land and spend 1m on a house.

When you subsequently sell, the house is a write off...

On 2/27/2017 at 7:44 AM, trogers said:

This project is more about preparation for a complete breakdown of law and order with the provision of a panic room.

Or for people who don't want any surprise visits from the authorities or rival gangs...  Not hard to believe there's a number of people in Thailand willing to pony up $1.5 Million to guaranty their "privacy".

Heck, in China they often find boxes and boxes of dirty cash being stored in multiple houses bought just for storing it where it doesn't have to be reported.   They don't even bother with the security features.  Maybe they're learning.

Edited by impulse

13 hours ago, impulse said:

Or for people who don't want any surprise visits from the authorities or rival gangs...  Not hard to believe there's a number of people in Thailand willing to pony up $1.5 Million to guaranty their "privacy".

Heck, in China they often find boxes and boxes of dirty cash being stored in multiple houses bought just for storing it where it doesn't have to be reported.   They don't even bother with the security features.  Maybe they're learning.

Will be watching the project with a close eye. So far progress has been slow. I saw the foundations for the first building being poured over 2 years ago and all they've got right now is a concrete skeleton.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that they're only building one villa, for the moment. Hope that presumed first buyer isn't thinking of moving into his cash vault upon completion. His/her stacks of cash might have dust settle on them for some time to come with all the construction still ongoing at that point!

14 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Will be watching the project with a close eye. So far progress has been slow. I saw the foundations for the first building being poured over 2 years ago and all they've got right now is a concrete skeleton.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that they're only building one villa, for the moment. Hope that presumed first buyer isn't thinking of moving into his cash vault upon completion. His/her stacks of cash might have dust settle on them for some time to come with all the construction still ongoing at that point!

Maybe it's like Field of Dreams...  If you build it, they will come.  If you have a couple hundred $$$ Million to hide, what's $1.5 Mil for the vault?

It'll be interesting to see who (if anyone) moves in.  My guess is that it's so over the top that just moving in would put you under a whole new level of unwelcome scrutiny.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Maybe it's like Field of Dreams...  If you build it, they will come.  If you have a couple hundred $$$ Million to hide, what's $1.5 Mil for the vault?

It'll be interesting to see who (if anyone) moves in.  My guess is that it's so over the top that just moving in would put you under a whole new level of unwelcome scrutiny.

If it succeeds it will surely change my perspective of the Chiang Mai property market..

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 8:07 PM, Bassosa said:

Prices start at 47 million baht.

Seems completely outrageous?

seems outrageous only to people who can't afford expensive property.