Phuket flushed with success at regional awards for best public toilets

rooster59

Phuket flushed with success at regional awards for best public toilets

The Phuket News

1488533463_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Phuket has scored three major prizes in the Ministry of Health’s “Best Public Toilet” awards for Upper Southern Thailand.

Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan announced on the sterling achievements at a certificate-giving ceremony at Phuket Provincial Hall on Tuesday (Feb 28). Also present to dish out the awards was Phuket Public Health Chief Dr Jirapan Taepan.

The winners were Patong Municipality, Wichit Municipality and the “Sino” Shell petrol station in Thalang.

“The government policy has ordered a clean-toilet campaign for all government offices and tourism areas in order to solve the problem of dirty toilets and not enough toilets,” said Dr Jiraphan, Phuket’s leading health official.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-flushed-with-success-at-regional-awards-for-best-public-toilets-61243.php#zyfUdpKu0Z6De2rc.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-04

Not being a Phuket haunter can anyone verify that said public toilets are award worthy?

I note that one is part of a local gas station and would be private venture. Does the Municipality provide public toilets to a high standar?

11 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Pity there isn't a public toilet at Surin Beach ...

These were my thoughts exactly. This may be the shittiest Governor we've had here, absolutely useless.

To me 'public' implies free, not 10 or 20 baht. The cleanest porcelain on  the island (and free) seems to be PTT stations.

Also a boon when driving around the country as the majority now seem to have 7/11s as well- with some on major highways about to open western style short stop motel rooms