I was assaulted in Walking street. Help

ksi2

I pity the idiots on here that think it's OK to be assaulted for the sole reason for being out at 4.30AM and jumping a fence. Oh and being drunk...

What a warped sense of ethics they must have.

Pathetic.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps you should consider that many / all bars in Pattaya and similar places  have an ongoing daily problem of patrons not paying their bills and trying to flee. Sadly par for the course in this location. 

Fair or not fair, maybe that's what generated the actions of the security guard.

Think about it. 

So that is why this guy was assaulted when there was no question about him paying his bill?  

Drunk is drunk, your judgement is impared, you do stupid things and your recollection of events is often wrong. I know when I am drunk, I can dance, I am a great singer, women find me attractive, I can drive a car, and there is nothing wrong with calling the ex up at 4am. Is it possible OP, that you were very drunk, did something stupid (other than the things you admit to) and cannot recall ?

14 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Yer... right... police have more important things to do than their job.... part of which, is protecting people.

especially in pattaya, where there is a push to make it safer for tourists.... I think this therefore qualifies both as doing their duty, whilst servicing the current edit to make pattaya safer... two birds, one stone.

Police and I have no sympathy for drunks, and people who act irresponsibly. At that hour it is considered a high risk area.

The police are not babysitters. 

I've lived here for 11 years and I've never seen anyone get punched in the face for no reason at all. There's more to the story. And if he was drunk, he probably doesn't remember. 

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

The boy made an error of judgement ....................... cut him some slack,

Loads like him around, behaving like idiots but it is ok because they are drunk. Fun if you see it once, pretty annoying when you see it all the time.  

2 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So that is why this guy was assaulted when there was no question about him paying his bill?  

Did the security guard know if he had paid the bill (in reality very very doubtful), or was it a case of his actions to jump a bar flagging to the security guard 'this could well be a non payer' and therefore he reacted to bring the guy down?

I'm certainly not an advocate for violence in any circumstances, but given the location, the overall people it attracts, the attitudes of often immoral ruthless bar owners ...

In any event, indeed unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes, it was unprovoked. 

How do you know if it was provoked or unprovoked?

It is not possible that 'jumping the barrier' rightly or wrongly provoked the security man to take action? 

Edited by scorecard

4 minutes ago, Kabula said:

Police and I have no sympathy for drunks, and people who act irresponsibly. At that hour it is considered a high risk area.

I've lived here for 11 years and I've never seen anyone get punched in the face for no reason at all. There's more to the story. And if he was drunk, he probably doesn't remember. 

Most certainly you've had little to do with police in your 11 years here and know nothing about them.

The police don't have sympathy for anyone at all. 

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It would appear to be, if the full story has been told, or can even be rememembere.

Obviously, all our comments are made assuming the story given to us is accurate.

On the basis of what the OP has offered us, it was unprovoked. Stepping over a barrier is no provocation for a violent attack.

Edited by tropo

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

It is not possible that 'jumping the barrier' rightly or wrongly provoked the security man to take action? 

Do you live in a fantasy world? Give it a break. There's no point imagining what happened. Based on the facts offered to us here, it was unprovoked.

Having said that, please tell me what excuse a security guard would need to punch you in the face?

The security guard is an aggressive sob looking for any excuse to pound a foreigner. Why did he do it? Because he wanted to, enjoyed it and knew he could get away with it.

Edited by tropo

Drunk barely legal patron leaving one bar the wrong way to bypass ID check and next bar.   Being hit was overreacting but think of this guy's night.  Tired of drunk jerks.    File a police report.   Don't get drunk alone like this your lucky you had money, cell phone and life. 

You have to be very careful over here.  Often more so than surroundings seem to imply.  

Sadly, pursuing this attack any further probably isn't worth it, but I'm sad, yet again, to see the lack of sympathy that abounds.

Being drunk at 4am in Pattaya (or anywhere, in fact) is hardly uncommon, nor worthy of such scorn. It does, however, leave one somewhat vulnerable, alas.

59 minutes ago, tropo said:

Do you live in a fantasy world? Give it a break. There's no point imagining what happened. Based on the facts offered to us here, it was unprovoked.

Having said that, please tell me what excuse a security guard would need to punch you in the face?

The security guard is an aggressive sob looking for any excuse to pound a foreigner. Why did he do it? Because he wanted to, enjoyed it and knew he could get away with it.

4AM in the morning....Security guard working the door at an African bar....Guy jumps over a barrier jumping out of a arab bar....

Odds are I'm startled and putting my hands out as this drunk lurches toward me - or falls towards me - having no idea what to expect (African bar next to an Arab bar, what coukd go wrong) ... ...There's contact made - defensive or offensive, who's to know without cctv replay.....

OP not pummeled & still able to walk, that tells me there was restraint used (two on one - a witless drunk).....

There's maybe more here, but they didn't jump the barrier to get at him to do him harm.....He ran/jumped/stumbled/tumbled  into their territory.....

OP is lucky not to be in the ER....OP also seems to recognize this as a common behavior pattern & thinks he knows how he acts/reacts....

Possible - but maybe that's not the way it was or looked to the 2 guys (or more people, chances are a few were sitting outside) he hurtled the barrier to get to.....

Hopefully he'll be wiser, or as someone else mentioned he possibly won't make it a year...

Edited by pgrahmm

1 hour ago, Kabula said:

Apparently, given the clarity of his recollection, he does remember

apparently, given that when he made his police report, it was taken seriously.

not all people are blackout drunks... some can drink responsibly, all night, without loosing recollection of events, or getting drunk, as defined by the law ( not that the law about drunkenness applies to pedestrians)

and the police are there ( the same police who took the report seriously)  to protect others from abuse... which we know... which you know.... happens often in pattaya.

the guard had no reason to suspect that the guy was fleeing anything... had no right to assault him... had no right even to accost him.

you seem to have a bias against people who drink.... teetotal all you want... but don't discriminate against someone who does drink, because drink doesn't equate to drunk... nor does drunk equate to breaking any laws.

and... last I looked... the police didn't keep bank hours... its a 24/7 job.... so the time of day doesn't make one bit of difference

there I was... 4.30 am... a guy breaks in, knocks me out, rapes my wife... but hey, it was 4.30am... don't worry about it... OTT, yes, but you get the point, don't you?

and if jumping a road barrier is irresponsible... hell... 50% of the world needs smacking in the face, for this, or similarly "irresponsible" actions

16 minutes ago, farcanell said:

and if jumping a road barrier is irresponsible... hell... 50% of the world needs smacking in the face, for this, or similarly "irresponsible" actions

Yeah - and some drunk people even try that with cars/motorcycles.....

Darwin be damned.....!

22 years old in pattaya, how sad. at that age i having serious fun and having the most amazing experiences, i certainly didn't need to pay prostitutes to get sex; english, french, mexican  and pakistani girls come to mind, not to mention those i've forgotten about...

there is so much more to life than pattaya.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

If it did (provoke the security guard), then the security guard needs a new job, away from the main drag... away from dealing with the general public ( herein, bear in mind, that the general public in patts at 4 am, may not be sober)

and... security guard? ... <deleted>?... some good work done that night by a security guard... securing the road barrier by punching someone in the face... kudos all round... sarcasm dripping

7 hours ago, Elkski said:

Drunk barely legal patron leaving one bar the wrong way to bypass ID check and next bar.   Being hit was overreacting but think of this guy's night.  Tired of drunk jerks.    File a police report.   Don't get drunk alone like this your lucky you had money, cell phone and life. 

LOL> let's all feel sorry for the poor security officer who was having such a bad night he needed to brutally attack someone to make him feel better.

What a load of nonsense! They take these jobs for the perks of getting to slam foreign drunks with impunity whenever they feel the urge. We see reports of security guys slamming drunks around Walking Street all too frequently. This case was unusual as in most other cases other Thai scum join in (the fun).

In my home country that security guy would serve time, be fined AND lose his job and his security licence... which is exactly what he deserves. 

7 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

4AM in the morning....Security guard working the door at an African bar....Guy jumps over a barrier jumping out of a arab bar....

Odds are I'm startled and putting my hands out as this drunk lurches toward me - or falls towards me - having no idea what to expect (African bar next to an Arab bar, what coukd go wrong) ... ...There's contact made - defensive or offensive, who's to know without cctv replay.....

OP not pummeled & still able to walk, that tells me there was restraint used (two on one - a witless drunk).....

There's maybe more here, but they didn't jump the barrier to get at him to do him harm.....He ran/jumped/stumbled/tumbled  into their territory.....

OP is lucky not to be in the ER....OP also seems to recognize this as a common behavior pattern & thinks he knows how he acts/reacts....

Possible - but maybe that's not the way it was or looked to the 2 guys (or more people, chances are a few were sitting outside) he hurtled the barrier to get to.....

Hopefully he'll be wiser, or as someone else mentioned he possibly won't make it a year...

Apologizing for the security guard? Seriously?

Let's just keep the story as presented and make our comments based on that. There's no need to fantasize about scenarios where the security guard was doing the right thing. That's absurd.

16 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

because a drunk says so?

Yes. Read the OP again. He remembers all the details. If he didn't, this thread wouldn't exist. The main business in Walking Street after midnight is making people drunk, now when someone adds to the local economy he gets severely punished.

want  some good advice  ....

forget it and move on.

welcome to thailand.  walking around drunk in any town at 4.00am is asking for trouble,  don't do it again. 

If you want to drink and enjoy, make sure you do it with 1 or 2 others ... never on your own.

never get into an argument with a thai,  you'll always come off second best.

pay for your beer each time you get one, don't run up a tab.

never hire a jet ski.

never take a girl to your room.

never wear gold in Pattaya.

never stop when someone wants to chat with you in the street ...  it's likely a scam

be street wise,  careful and smart .... and you will be fine.

52 minutes ago, steven100 said:

want  some good advice  ....

forget it and move on.

welcome to thailand.  walking around drunk in any town at 4.00am is asking for trouble,  don't do it again. 

If you want to drink and enjoy, make sure you do it with 1 or 2 others ... never on your own.

never get into an argument with a thai,  you'll always come off second best.

pay for your beer each time you get one, don't run up a tab.

never hire a jet ski.

never take a girl to your room.

never wear gold in Pattaya.

never stop when someone wants to chat with you in the street ...  it's likely a scam

be street wise,  careful and smart .... and you will be fine.

I got as far as "never take a girl to your room" before my eyes glazed over...

23 hours ago, jerojero said:

Get more drunk next time so you won't remember anything and therefore avoid the stress you are now feeling. And also continue the safe practice of wandering around 4am by yourself totally inebriated. And make sure you wear lots of gold jewelry.

+1

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Yes. Read the OP again. He remembers all the details. If he didn't, this thread wouldn't exist. The main business in Walking Street after midnight is making people drunk, now when someone adds to the local economy he gets severely punished.

:cheesy: