No clear evidence police chief accepted ThaiBev money: Ombudsman

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only me or does the mini heart signs looks more like a: "Look, the 50K are not here anymore: mai mee" sign..

Possibly. And the guy in uniform on his right is saying 'If you don't believe us, come sit on this'  :)

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

This is totally wrong.. but how do you expect them to prove it.. Thai Bev denies it.. no paper trail.. He says its an error and they cant prove otherwise.. 

Im sure he is taking the money.. but proving it is an other thing.

If the accountant declared 50K a month for 2 years in line, and specified a specific company as the payee, then there must have been invoices.

No accountant will take these details out of thin air.

11 minutes ago, Allstars said:

If the accountant declared 50K a month for 2 years in line, and specified a specific company as the payee, then there must have been invoices.

No accountant will take these details out of thin air.

That is a big IF... because who said it was done by an accountant. But I know I as an accountant would not sign off on something like that without some proof. But usually accountants (and the tax man) worry more about costs proving those.. if someone says he has a certain amount of cash income we accept that because why would anyone say he has an income that he does not have.. you pay tax for nothing. So  for income we are easier (making sure that not too little is declared) 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is a big IF... because who said it was done by an accountant. But I know I as an accountant would not sign off on something like that without some proof. But usually accountants (and the tax man) worry more about costs proving those.. if someone says he has a certain amount of cash income we accept that because why would anyone say he has an income that he does not have.. you pay tax for nothing. So  for income we are easier (making sure that not too little is declared) 

If somebody want to clean black money, then they do it the other way a round. Declare income where is no money coming from, to white wash the black money. after tax it is clean.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Did anyone really expect anything different? The only thing about all of it that surprised me was that it came to light in the first place.

As soon as he asked for more time to explain, it was abvious that the fix was being worked on and the result we have today was on its way.

Time to do away with the "Amazing" and replace it with what it really is, Disgraceful Thailand.

Agree. The odds are low that anything would happen to a police chief. When on top of it he has been appointed by the Junta and is a member of the NLA, they get close to zero.

What I am missing completly is the part: "We followed the money!!!"

If it give this contract or whatever about monthly payments, it will give for sure a bank account from Thai Bev where the money gone and a bank account who receive it.

But surprise no one talk about it!!!

22 minutes ago, snowgard said:

What I am missing completly is the part: "We followed the money!!!"

If it give this contract or whatever about monthly payments, it will give for sure a bank account from Thai Bev where the money gone and a bank account who receive it.

But surprise no one talk about it!!!

Sounds simple but I suppose multiple bank accounts, not all necessarily in Thailand, may make it difficult to find. and who knows how many other 50k "consultancy fees" get paid every month.

Think this is the equivalent of a "not proven" verdict in a Scottish Court.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

If somebody want to clean black money, then they do it the other way a round. Declare income where is no money coming from, to white wash the black money. after tax it is clean.

Sure, but that only works (in general) with cash businesses. Its often quite obvious when someone is doing that. But in general you don't have clients that want to launder money.

Do these goons really believe that people will swallow this total crock of sh*t? First, he should be in deep water for allowing someone else to fill out his own declarations. Second, who would dream up 'by mistake' that he received this money from The Beverages?  Its so farcical yet the high ups seemingly believe we are all so gullible as to accept this rubbish.

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

Sounds simple but I suppose multiple bank accounts, not all necessarily in Thailand, may make it difficult to find. and who knows how many other 50k "consultancy fees" get paid every month.

Think this is the equivalent of a "not proven" verdict in a Scottish Court.

But Thai Bev sent the money to one account and they must have the Bank and account no. In normal it is easy to check the ownership of this account.

14 hours ago, CantSpell said:

It is only me or does the mini heart signs looks more like a: "Look, the 50K are not here anymore: mai mee" sign...

:clap2:

Actually, two of them look like they're giving the bird, I'd say to the Ombudsman's office and the rest of the nation.  Investigations, they wouldn't know how.:wai:

19 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Of course. Let me see here, mistake no. 1: amount (50,000), mistake no. 2: time period (monthly), mistake no. 3: provenance (ThaiBev), mistake no 4: classification (allowance). In all, the good police chief made 4 mistakes on the statement and didn't realize it... Dementia?

Must be something like that ... after all we can't really discuss that clearly  'it was entered by mistake'.

Meaning: Damn, why was it even mentioned  at all ... 

This is totally wrong.. but how do you expect them to prove it.. Thai Bev denies it.. no paper trail.. He says its an error and they cant prove otherwise.. 

Prove what? He admitted to taking the money, didn't he? The head honchos at the police force declared that such payments were acceptable, didn't they?

9 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Prove what? He admitted to taking the money, didn't he? The head honchos at the police force declared that such payments were acceptable, didn't they?

Now he says he made a mistake.. and those do happy.. Thai bev is denying it too... if it was cash there is no way of proving it. 

11 minutes ago, SABloke said:

I'm not sure?

I think the excuse-du-jour is that his "assistant" incorrectly filled out the declaration form, and Metropolitan Police Chief Sanit signed it thinking it was filled out correctly. All just a reasonable, totally believable excuse explanation.

No clue why it took them so long to come up with this "explanation", but now everyone has a good understanding of what didn't happen.

Nothing to see here says the guy with the huge broom and large rug.

Edited by mtls2005

18 hours ago, robblok said:

So, 600000 bahts per year can simply disappear?  No paper trail?   How about bank accounts of him and his immediate family?  

The authorities simply treat the Thai public as absolute idiots if they think  for one moment that the citizens believe any of the rubbish spouted by the ombudsman.  Most investigations into officials' malpractice and corruption together with investigations into Government projects which attracted widespread and well-founded accusations of corruption on a large scale proved that all parties were entirely innocent  and some officials who could have named collaborators mysteriously ended up either vanished or dead.  

Others eluded capture despite the supposed efforts of thousands of police and military personnel.  Any who were caught with their sticky hands in the till were merely transferred to an inactive post with almost none serving any jail term, unlike many ordinary citizens now serving long terms for relatively minor offences.

Of course it helps the Government enormously when the perps and the alleged investigators are all on the same side.

The stupidest thing about the excuse is how bad the excuse is: you accidentally added income from a company onto your asset declaration!?! Even if you blame your assitants why the f you c k would they do it anyway? :huh:

Oh wait, I just realised I accidentally put salaries from PTT and KFC on my asset declaration form. :rolleyes::mellow: No I didn't because NOBODY FARKING DOES THAT!!!

4 hours ago, SABloke said:

The stupidest thing about the excuse is how bad the excuse is: you accidentally added income from a company onto your asset declaration!?! Even if you blame your assitants why the f you c k would they do it anyway? :huh:

Oh wait, I just realised I accidentally put salaries from PTT and KFC on my asset declaration form. :rolleyes::mellow: No I didn't because NOBODY FARKING DOES THAT!!!

They know the excuses don't even have to be plausible, and they don't care so long as nodody dares to challenge them. It's one of the privileges of being a part af an all-powerful mafia that's running the show.

10 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

They know the excuses don't even have to be plausible, and they don't care so long as nodody dares to challenge them. It's one of the privileges of being a part af an all-powerful mafia that's running the show.

True.. but how are you going to prove it if its cash.. and if both parties deny it. Without a cash trail the excuse is enough for reasonable doubt. 

Personally I think the guy is guilty and would have loved to see him get some kind of punishment.