What more does govt want from my family? Thaksin’s son asks

snoop1130

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

return and pay his debt to society?

which, by the way, if he had done in the first place and not scurried off to avoid taking responsibility for his actions he would now be a free man living comfortably in his home land.

Ah yes, just like all others that preceded and followed him! 555!

Your commenting on a totally corrupt system as if he was an exception, the main exception with Thaksin that so many "knowledgeable" Thai political commentators fail to note is that he remains the only Thai Prime minister that served a full term in office without being "impeached" for corruption, though lets be honest neither the predecessors nor the followers have set particularly high standards! Easy target? I guess?

Not like the "civilised" world :)which has good politicians who are in power only to serve their people! take responsibility for their actions (Tony Blair, GWB!!!) not like Thailand!

Edited by CGW

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

Kindly explain what a fugitive from justice is

also

He went to a country that does not have any extradition agreements with Thailand so he is in effect "A Fugitive"

But hey call it whatever you like, one thing is for sure - he will never set foot in Thailand again  

Why should I need to explain what a fugitive from justice is? You made the statement. You are incorrect, but one would presume that at least you are aware of what the term means.

No extradition treaty does not mean no extraditions. What does mean no extraditions is no attempt to do so. Extraditions between Thailand & the UAE are not unheard of.

Don't be too sure he will never return. I am not particularly keen on it myself either, but he now has friends in stratospherically high places. That I can't say any more on that particular matter will give you a clue as to whom...

54 minutes ago, smedly said:

But hey call it whatever you like, one thing is for sure - he will never set foot in Thailand again  

He may not have to, given the lack of progress of the current regime.  He could control Thailand from the outside, and still be more effective.  His family, even now, still curry more favor than any other personality walking around free in Thailand.   There is a dearth of those in Thailand that can match his family's type of branding. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Kindly explain what a fugitive from justice is

also

He went to a country that does not have any extradition agreements with Thailand so he is in effect "A Fugitive"

never say never

5 hours ago, yellowboat said:

He may not have to, given the lack of progress of the current regime.  He could control Thailand from the outside, and still be more effective.  His family, even now, still curry more favor than any other personality walking around free in Thailand.   There is a dearth of those in Thailand that can match his family's type of branding. 

I've read otherwise and at the highest level.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I can't speak for the government but personally I'd like to see the whole nest of vipers that they are join Thaksin in Dubai. None of them are ever going to jail, they should but they won't and they won't leave voluntarily while there is any chance they might get to plunder the treasury again.

13 hours ago, samsensam said:

which, by the way, if he had done in the first place and not scurried off to avoid taking responsibility for his actions he would now be a free man living comfortably in his home land.

Reckon one would have to be a little naive to believe that. I like to think they gave him an out to avoid him becoming somewhat of a martyr and keeping him out of the picture.

As to the op; they want the entire family browbeaten so the name can never cause problems in the Thai hierarchy again. I'm certainly not a Red (or Yellow), but things were definitely easier going (and way cheaper) here during his first tenure at least.

Edited by daveAustin

Where to start?

All your assets.

All your family in jail or forced from the country.

Your name wiped from the history books.

All your associates dead or in prison.

All your supporters kept dumbed down and in poverty.

1 hour ago, ramrod711 said:

I can't speak for the government but personally I'd like to see the whole nest of vipers that they are join Thaksin in Dubai. None of them are ever going to jail, they should but they won't and they won't leave voluntarily while there is any chance they might get to plunder the treasury again.

By nest of vipers presumably you also mean you want to see the  entire junta/government also in Dubai now that they themselves have plundered the countries reserves, done a shady deal with the Chinese amounting to billions and of course a similar shady deal for submarines for billions. There appear no end to their greed, duplicity, economic mismanagement and of course abuse of human rights.  That is just for starters.

The whole principle Oak is to cripple any likely contenders that may stand in their way at a later date , as we've seen this morning the Junta has now a twenty year plan , that plan doesn't include any opposition.............................:coffee1:

36 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

By nest of vipers presumably you also mean you want to see the  entire junta/government also in Dubai now that they themselves have plundered the countries reserves, done a shady deal with the Chinese amounting to billions and of course a similar shady deal for submarines for billions. There appear no end to their greed, duplicity, economic mismanagement and of course abuse of human rights.  That is just for starters.

Plus the beauty of all this is that the junta and the elites can plunder with immunity and protected by the same corruption agencies that went after their political enemies. In short, the same corruption law only applies to others and not to the junta and their elites cronies. They even can write themselves an amnesty. Then they are protected from criticism by draconian laws and some didn't made it out of their cells and silenced. Is there really any comparison? 

11 hours ago, baboon said:

Don't be too sure he will never return. I am not particularly keen on it myself either, but he now has friends  ...

I completely agree that we should never say never (as another poster has mentioned) in this regard. But 'friends' cannot always be relied upon ...

14 hours ago, samsensam said:

no way. the first 2 years was just to get him locked up in thailand to bring on the dozens of other cases. he would have been jailed for decades if he had gone to jail. i dont blame him for leaving.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

12 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I completely agree that we should never say never (as another poster has mentioned) in this regard. But 'friends' cannot always be relied upon ...

You're not wrong there (shivers). I know I would be staying put in Dubai but for Mr. T the lure of revenge could be irresistible...

But it's all speculation. Who can really tell what filthy deals are being made behind closed doors.

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

no way. the first 2 years was just to get him locked up in thailand to bring on the dozens of other cases. he would have benn jailed for decades if he had gone to jail. i dont blame him for leaving.

"no way. the first 2 years was just to get him locked up in thailand to bring on the dozens of other cases."

But was it? Bear in mind he probably has enough dirt on 'good people' to bring down the whole house of cards - 'If I'm going down I'm taking you SOBs with me'. I mean, why wouldn't he under the circumstances?

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

"no way. the first 2 years was just to get him locked up in thailand to bring on the dozens of other cases."

But was it? Bear in mind he probably has enough dirt on 'good people' to bring down the whole house of cards - 'If I'm going down I'm taking you SOBs with me'. I mean, why wouldn't he under the circumstances?

That would be something i want to see (him bringing others down) not that I don't believe it.. I really would want to see it but unfortunately both sides are not that spiteful. It would clean things up quite a bit if Thaksin and the enemies he has dirt on were both in prison. 

Ah.. i might as well dream of winning the lottery.. maybe that has a higher chance of happening even if I dont buy a ticket :smile:

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

Big yawn.

And your statement isn't correct, check the real facts...

Love it when respondents make statements like this without even giving just ONE example of the 'facts' you refer to. Why even bother? 

9 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

taxing capital gains must be fair

above board

and apply to all( with an exception )

including those in uniform

Just wondering with the ultra rich generals and their assets, do they pay capital gain tax on the properties that they sell? Anyone checking those? Don't bother, I know the answer. NO.

I hope Thaiksin can come back. His party is more welcoming to foreigners.

They want to destroy him and his family because they know they can still win an open election. 

The anti foreigners aristocrats and the junta want to climg to power.

29 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Just wondering with the ultra rich generals and their assets, do they pay capital gain tax on the properties that they sell? Anyone checking those? Don't bother, I know the answer. NO.

Do you actually know the law on the subject you raise?

17 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

Well I don't care if you disagree with me liking Thaksin but I bet you Thais will always remember him for introducing 30 baht health coverage program.

Yes agree.

And it was the best time for most companies to make money here.

I had my best profit years, when he was in power. He was a business man, and he understand how to bring in foreign businesses, and help them in every possible way. In four years I made more then enough for a great retirement.

In the last 7 years ; my profit is down 15 %.

Yes I know he maybe did some naughty things. But that is not any concern to me.

I mean this is capital gains tax.  Pretty straightforward isn't it?  Maybe they should be investigating the Thaksin-appointed stooges who got RD to drop its pursuit of the tax in the first place?  I'm sure they became "unusually wealthy" during Thaksin's turn at the trough.