Foodland supermarket coming to Royal Garden!

Jingthing

2 hours ago, champa said:

I talked to the manager at foodland. He confirmed that Foodland at Royal Garden will be open by the mid of this year. And it will be large scale. He think that Foodland at Royal Garden Plaza will be bigger than Pattaya Klang one.

'

Next year Foodland will have another branch at Terminal 21 north Pattaya but it will be mini scale. 

On 2019 will open another branch at dark side. 

I asked for Thepasit and Sukhumvit road the way to Sattahip. The manager said those 2  branches will not be in 2020. 

LOL> I asked a manager of Foodland in 2014, 2015 and last year about when the Thepprasit Branch will be open. Each time the answer was "next year".

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There must be a reason why they are ALL avoiding Jomtien? Maybe Foodmart is to supermarkets what baht buses are to proper taxis.

I don't think Foodmart could ever be considered a serious contender. IMO the only reason they're still going is that they haven't had any serious competition in that area of town.

LOL> I just got back from Foodland. I even had a meal at Took Lae Dee. It's a great place to shop late at night.

4 hours ago, champa said:

I talked to the manager at foodland. He confirmed that Foodland at Royal Garden will be open by the mid of this year. And it will be large scale. He think that Foodland at Royal Garden Plaza will be bigger than Pattaya Klang one.

'

Next year Foodland will have another branch at Terminal 21 north Pattaya but it will be mini scale. 

On 2019 will open another branch at dark side. 

I asked for Thepasit and Sukhumvit road the way to Sattahip. The manager said those 2  branches will not be in 2020. 

Great news. When Minor International moved the MacDonalds up Beach Rd and an outlet store replaced it I wondered if something else was going on. That corner is the prime spot in the mall. 

4 hours ago, pegman said:

Great news. When Minor International moved the MacDonalds up Beach Rd and an outlet store replaced it I wondered if something else was going on. That corner is the prime spot in the mall. 

McDonald's moved, they weren't kicked out and more restaurants have replaced the outlet store in RGP's beach frontage. Foodland will be in the basement, out of sight.

Regarding basement access, the rest rooms at the front, just up from the back entrance to Burger King and Bon Chon have been closed for a considerable time. I reckon this may be the new internal access to Foodland with larger elevators and possibly stairs, wheelchair ramps, etc.?

On 3/22/2017 at 11:16 PM, NanLaew said:

There must be a reason why they are ALL avoiding Jomtien? Maybe Foodmart is to supermarkets what baht buses are to proper taxis.

Another reason for me to move closer to Pattaya city . My next destination will be Naklua , then it will take me 5 minutes with a bike to Central / RGP. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

Another reason for me to move closer to Pattaya city . My next destination will be Naklua , then it will take me 5 minutes with a bike to Central / RGP. 

Naklua is more than 5 minutes away from Pattaya. or do you mean Wong Amart ?

12 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

What else u like about Naklua?

I'm planning to move there, I've had some short stay visits in the past .  After 3 years in Jomtien it's time for a change. Better restaurants if you want western food , and as I said only minutes away from central Pattaya .   And of course not too far away from Wongamat beach . 

Edited by balo

55 minutes ago, balo said:

I'm planning to move there, I've had some short stay visits in the past .  After 3 years in Jomtien it's time for a change. Better restaurants if you want western food , and as I said only minutes away from central Pattaya .   And of course not too far away from Wongamat beach . 

Agreed and the Naklua hill is much easier to walk over than the Pratumnak one. Plus you can slum it at Terminal 21 when it opens. Jomtien is a veritable backwater.

3 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

Chiang Mai

I have a condo in Jomtien but left for C.M to help out some relatives and experience the cool season this winter. C.M is not bad , but very boring at times. 

12 minutes ago, balo said:

I have a condo in Jomtien but left for C.M to help out some relatives and experience the cool season this winter. C.M is not bad , but very boring at times. 

Hope u not regret the Jomtien naklua move lets see in some months how its been for u.

17 minutes ago, balo said:

I spent one year there and came to the same conclusion as you:laugh: now I just go up once every two or three months which is enough to enjoy its good points

Edited by Asiantravel

41 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

I spent one year there and came to the same conclusion as you:laugh: now I just go up once every two or three months which is enough to enjoy its good points

Can u highlight me 3 or even more good points of Chiang mai pls?

10 hours ago, balo said:

Good baht bus service too from Naklua. Enter at the front on Beach Road, exit out the back onto 2nd Road.

13 hours ago, balo said:

Jomtien is a very long "suburb". I would never trade my Pratunmak position for Naklua, but strictly speaking, it's Pattaya South, not Jomtien.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Been coming soon to Bahn amphur  ( next to the now defunct Alankarn show ) for ages !

58d4d2a1949c1_IMG_20150804_125654(Large).jpg.44ee7f9935fc097cbe5a0f1746e2d095.jpg

That's very close to my place but I've never seen that sign... :blink:

Must be driving too fast...:whistling:

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Jomtien is a very long "suburb". I would never trade my Pratunmak position for Naklua, but strictly speaking, it's Pattaya South, not Jomtien.

I not a big fan of Naklua either besides the postoffice there is not much making me go out there.I been at that Anton buffet restaurant once but i not into these all u can eat concepts.

3 hours ago, johng said:

Been coming soon to Bahn amphur  ( next to the now defunct Alankarn show ) for ages !

58d4d2a1949c1_IMG_20150804_125654(Large).jpg.44ee7f9935fc097cbe5a0f1746e2d095.jpg

That's a very cheap sign. The one on Thepprasit Road is a billboard that must have cost quite a lot - yet no Foodland to be seen in 2 years and counting.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

That's a very cheap sign. The one on Thepprasit Road is a billboard that must have cost quite a lot - yet no Foodland to be seen in 2 years and counting.

Indeed.

The building in the background came later. They could have build dozens of Foodlands in that time.

foodland_jomtien.jpg

On 3/21/2017 at 10:31 AM, possum1931 said:

"Foodland is considerably less expensive than Villa".

How very true, Villa is a disgrace with some of their prices.

true, some prices seem to be straight highway robbery but that does not apply to all items. plus Villa carries food stuff which is not available in any other store.

On 2017-03-22 at 9:44 AM, tropo said:

LOL> Interesting characters?... Try the regular menu, then come back and tell me how cheap it is. I've never had their special breakfast, and I never would. I do however order eggs and they have the most expensive eggs in town and the smallest rice servings. My breakfast would be at least 4 eggs - that won't be a  bargain there.

Wow...4 eggs sounds kind of special and also makes you an interesting character.   Let me be the first to offer to buy you 4 raw eggs and see you do the Rocky Balboa chug alug while the rest of the interesting Took Lae Dee characters stare in awe....maybe management will cut you a deal for being so egg-centric.

On 3/20/2017 at 5:10 PM, NormanW said:

A great addition. That and Palm Villa  (Where Villa Market is now) used to be the only 2 places I went 25 years ago. 

Can't wait ?

Remember Spinneys? In the outdoor

parking area of Royal Garden off 2nd Road?

Long time ago...

Edited by cloghead

4 hours ago, cloghead said:

Remember Spinneys? In the outdoor

parking area of Royal Garden off 2nd Road?

Long time ago...

I don't. 

Was it an outside place?

After all these years I still don't sit outside to eat or drink. ?

7 hours ago, tazly said:

Wow...4 eggs sounds kind of special and also makes you an interesting character.   Let me be the first to offer to buy you 4 raw eggs and see you do the Rocky Balboa chug alug while the rest of the interesting Took Lae Dee characters stare in awe....maybe management will cut you a deal for being so egg-centric.

Let me explain the point which went over your head. The special breakfasts at Took Lae Dee are too small for real men. They are nothing more than a light snack. They appear to be good value, but most men would need 2 of them.

If I had a light snack, special breakfast at Took Lae Dee, I would order 2 extra eggs. That alone will add 30 baht to the price tag. That would still be a small meal.

Maybe it's a good deal for people like you who probably eat like birds.

If you're one of the people who go to Took Lae Dee to rub elbows with interesting characters, you need to get a life, because that's a weird fixation. I go to restaurants to eat good food, not to ogle at other customers.

Edited by tropo