Knife man in Hua Hin station rampage - all because he had the wrong ticket

webfact

Just now, Thaidream said:

While I might agree that the bystanders should have been moved further way- I still believe the police handled it just fine. Why shoot a person when there are other ways to diffuse the situation. Police in the US are constantly criticized with using deadly force when it is not needed.

As a police person, if you cannot figure out and are trained how to deal with incidents like this- there is something wrong with the training or the officer or both.

Try being a police some day then.  See how easy it is.  Like I said previously, had this gone wrong and several people been killed or wounded seriously imagine then what everyone would be saying.....   it should be easy to figure that out.

Just now, Essaybloke said:

He is mentally ill. He needs HELP, not a bullet. Your labeling of this guy as 'crazy' is typical of the attitudes that perpetuate the stigma faced by those with mental health issues. I am glad he did not hurt anyone and that he is now (we hope) receiving the care he needs.

You conveniently ignore the fact that is the danger he posed to innocent bystanders.   I too am glad it worked out, but unless you have a crystal ball, how would anyone know in advance, as it was happening in real time, that it would end the way it did?   You don't.  full stop.  Bystanders deserve to be protected from a deadly threat.  

3 minutes ago, lostinataxi said:

Try being a police some day then.  See how easy it is.  Like I said previously, had this gone wrong and several people been killed or wounded seriously imagine then what everyone would be saying.....   it should be easy to figure that out.

It isn't easy being a cop.  (Zaphod- where have I heard that?)

So cops should kill people just in case they may harm someone? Just in case they may face criticism for not shooting?  More mindless baying from the mob!

Just now, Essaybloke said:

It isn't easy being a cop.  (Zaphod- where have I heard that?)

So cops should kill people just in case they may harm someone? Just in case they may face criticism for not shooting?  More mindless baying from the mob!

Duh, are you a special kind of stupid or what?   Of course if someone is posing a deadly threat, the threat needs to be eliminated.  Knives kill more people than guns to each year.  It doesn't take much for someone to stab someone to death with such a knife.  There was no way to know in advance what would happen and there were many people within easy reach of that guy.  Good that things worked out, but there was no way to know that would happen in advance, in real time.  What would you be saying now if he did in fact stab people to death before being arrested?

14 minutes ago, lostinataxi said:

Duh, are you a special kind of stupid or what?   Of course if someone is posing a deadly threat, the threat needs to be eliminated.  Knives kill more people than guns to each year.  It doesn't take much for someone to stab someone to death with such a knife.  There was no way to know in advance what would happen and there were many people within easy reach of that guy.  Good that things worked out, but there was no way to know that would happen in advance, in real time.  What would you be saying now if he did in fact stab people to death before being arrested?

Duh, are you a special kind of stupid or what?

Discussion terminated. 

I think the RTP did a credible job containing the situation.  They did not resort to the use of firearms nor should they have.  They have no equipment like tasers etc.  They have no formal training on how to deal with a situation like this.  While it was a bit of a mess they did disarm him, nobody was hurt and the man was off the street.  You can't have a better outcome than that.  

3 hours ago, lostinataxi said:

Not sure why so many people think shooting someone in the leg is safe to do.   Probably from watching Hollywood movies I would guess.  People shot in the legs bleed out and die all the time.  Blood loss causing drop in blood pressure is what would kill him.  Ever heard of the femoral artery?  It runs into the leg and if hit, the person will be dead very fast.

Or they miss the leg and hit a child in the face at a busy train station.Thai police is cautious and cool.usa cops kill first then ask for ur id!

6 hours ago, Falcon said:

Funny really that posters on here are saying "poor guy, hope he gets the treatment he needs" instead of asking why this 'poor guy' with mental issues, is walking around with a 12"knife in his possessions and obviously ready and willing to stab or slash anyone that he felt like stabbing just because things didn't go his own way.

He has mental health issues doh !

2 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Registration of all knives, now!  "Knife control" is obviously the answer here.

Illegal in many instances to carry a knife in the UK , quite right too , glad to see you agree that prohibition of lethal weapons is the way forward.

14 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

This guy was coming from Bangkok?

Why, that's weird.  I heard Bangkok is a sophisticated city that has everything sophisticated people might want?

Why would he want to go to Hua Hin ?

Runner up for the 'best stupid' comment award - Cheers!

2 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Illegal in many instances to carry a knife in the UK , quite right too , glad to see you agree that prohibition of lethal weapons is the way forward.

I see.  So what do you use at home in the kitchen then?   Gee.  All those housewives using unregistered lethal weapons.  Goodness.  Yes.  By all means.  Yeah, let's "agree that prohibition of these lethal weapons is the way forward"...

OK.  Recess is over.  Your third grade teacher want's you back in the classroom now.  Obviously, the problem with the subject of this story isn't that he was in possession of a lethal weapon.  The problem was that he was carrying it in public, and for a decidedly nefarious purpose.  Duh!!  You're equating outright total "prohibition", with mere carriage.   Not quite the same thing, are they there, genius?  'Just in the same way most control Nazis do IOT to sort of skim over the details hoping a dumbed down public won't notice or be able to make the distinction..   Or are you REALLY suggesting that all knives, as "lethal weapons" should be "prohibited"? Cars, too then?  They can certainly be lethal.  Baseball bats?  Hatchets and axes?  Longhorn steers?   Screwdrivers?  Where does this foolishness end?

'Glad to see I haven't missed anything...

31 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

I see.  So what do you use at home in the kitchen then?   Gee.  All those housewives using unregistered lethal weapons.  Goodness.  Yes.  By all means.  Yeah, let's "agree that prohibition of these lethal weapons is the way forward"...

OK.  Recess is over.  Your third grade teacher want's you back in the classroom now.  Obviously, the problem with the subject of this story isn't that he was in possession of a lethal weapon.  The problem was that he was carrying it in public, and for a decidedly nefarious purpose.  Duh!!  You're equating outright total "prohibition", with mere carriage.   Not quite the same thing, are they there, genius?  'Just in the same way most control Nazis do IOT to sort of skim over the details hoping a dumbed down public won't notice or be able to make the distinction..   Or are you REALLY suggesting that all knives, as "lethal weapons" should be "prohibited"? Cars, too then?  They can certainly be lethal.  Baseball bats?  Hatchets and axes?  Longhorn steers?   Screwdrivers?  Where does this foolishness end?

'Glad to see I haven't missed anything...

Well at first I thought you had missed the irony in my post lol . Silly of me , I now realise that your response was sarcasm of the highest order , well done !

On 3/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, Baerboxer said:

At least they don't draw their guns, shout loud instructions to him, and then shoot him several times.

And what happened to the cop in England the other day? All people running around brandishing a knife or gun are crazy or they wouldn't be doing it.