What do you like most about Thai girls?

Inspire

More so then most falang women from my experience, you can semi-shame Thai girls to keep a kempt look.

Not denigrating them, but telling them you like a lady with make-up, who dresses decent and is not fat.

Most here seem to want to try and make you happy in this regard.

You may end up buying the makeup and 200 b shorts, but so what if they keep it up.

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Maybe in your family - not mine.....My MIL & FIL have 17 siblings between them - none look that worse for wear when the family gets together...

The ladies in the original pic, one hasn't seen 40 yet - average weight of a US woman 168#....

1-&2/3 of most Thai women....

It was more the "heft" I was trying to convey....

Ok but, to be honest, I don't think Thai ladies age well.  

On 9/8/2017 at 10:02 AM, Nook225 said:

Absolutely, the are quite arrant professionals over there, targeting your pocket. It is unbelievable how many "falangs" are easily being manipulated by this m. I've known some having 4-5 white sponsors in her phone, all blindly believe that she stopped "working" and waiting for them, of course as soon as they keep sending Thai Baht... All these Skype "me-love-you-you-love-me" sessions and end of the day, she will anyway get upset on some small thing and won't reply anymore, of course leaving bad "falang" guilty :smile:. This seems a whole picture.

-----------

But to find an educated, innocent, shy and beautiful girl takes a lot and probably would never happen shall you try to seek her.In bkk, there are really a lot of decent women, with money and without children (and with understandable background). But in Pattaya... :saai:

My chosen of partner is:

Educated?  LOL

Innocent? not really, but no tyre tracks across her back (i.e. not 'working girl' but effed up in different (non farang) ways in her history which are best left unspoken on a forum).

Shy?  No, not any more.  She can be quite demonstrative and gregarious - unless talking to a fellow Issan person in which case the dulcit tones get put back in the box and the screeching begins (urghh).  They don't need phones, they can be heard across the city.

Beautiful?  Yes.  To me very much so, and caring, and helpful, and accommodating and and...

Wrt sponsors and money, it's very simple:  They're using the most basic carrot with the most elaborate tricks to get *Their* money out of the customers pocket.  You might be forgiven for thinking it's your money, but they have a different take on that one.

Just last night I was with a friend and as he paid the bill his wife came and took the receipt and started checking everything.  He said to not do that, we're in a trusted place and I'm paying anyhow so not your problem (or words to that effect).  Today my partner commented on that, asking why he acted crazy.  I said I would do the same in trusted company.  She said to always check before you pay.  I asked why "do Thais not trust Thais?  I thought it was Thai Rak Thai around here".  I didn't get the terminating comment of "are you  hungry yet?" this time as we were on the way to a restaurant, so the conversation ended without a period.

[Going off topic for a quick rant]
At the restaurant I wanted to discuss buying a house and where we should locate.  What happened is she took a picture of her spaghetti and put it on facebook saying "thankyou my love for beautiful meal".  I swear she hadn't eaten a bite, and already it was "phones out" (though she had to ask me how to spell sapag...spaghetti) .  I know if I look there she'll have 20 Thai likes and zero of our farang friends responding.  She had me already set up 'Prime' in money spending mode for her to choose a house, yet food and FB kicked in.  I swear I will never understand, much to her loss - renting for a while longer it seems.  I'm happy already and a house isn't going to improve that.

• Like 1

I will tell you something my Thai gf in Canada told me. Now, this may be a bunch of carp, so don't take it as gospel, but she did teach me a lot about Thai Farang relationships.

Early on in a relationship I asked her why she doesn't smile like most Thai women. She flat out told me if I want a gf like that, I am welcome to find one as most Thai women that smile a lot have a hidden agenda, especially those "Isaan couple".

My current wife also doesn't smile and although there is a night and day difference between her and my ex (my ex was rich, my wife not really) she also seems to share the same view....especially towards those "bad girls from Isaan" that smile a lot.

Yes, they are both very racist and blunt, but there has to be some truth to that.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RawboneFunksta said:

In my opinion there are beautiful, graceful and generous women in every nation.

As far as conversation goes, there are many who say conversation with a Thai girl is impossible. 

I would ask them, when was the last time you had a meta physical conversation with any woman or man for that matter?

Conversations about art, politics or life are limited in all countries because unless the speakers are educated they are not capable.

However, the ability to have a conversation is not what relationships are built on.

An intelligent, well read woman may be a terrible bitch and vice versa. 

Sex is easy to find in this beautiful country and I do not mean of the bargirl variety although there is nothing intrinsically wrong with that.

Love is not so easy but one probably has more chance of it once one reaches middle years than in the west.

Older people, especially, it seems, older, white men, are dismissed and denigrated as being 'past it' or 'out of touch' and especially as 'old perverts' as if an older man should just shrivel up and die and certainly should never show interest in sex or love, that's strictly for the young. Yeats wrote this in Sailing to Byzantium, 'this is no country for old men' (I do not mean the movie) 

Thailand is the modern day Byzantium??

What's interesting is the ire flung at 'sex-pats' characterised as uneducated, loutish boors. Thai Isan girls too are described in similar ways. They are illiterate and primitive and without sophistication it is said. In which case these two groups of people seem a perfect match but frankly they exist in all countries.

Building a relationship on one's sexual desire and beauty is a fool's errand. I did it for years and always discovered that once the excitement dies, which it always does, there may be little left. Liking someone, that's the key, in my opinion. Liking Thai women is pretty easy once you realise that sabainess is what's important. Ease of heart and being able to be in the same space without having to talk or interact apart from a smile from a doe eyed, gentle hearted woman makes for a long and easy relationship. 

Thai women are great eye candy and no matter their age they usually care about their appearance, dress as well as they can afford and have a natural elegance and graciousness about that is unique to Thailand, I think.

Why criticise poor Thai girls and ladyboys with no education? How would we fare in their shoes?

Your post is interesting but curious you say relationships are not built on: intellilect, conversation, or sex.

So, whats left?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Your post is interesting but curious you say relationships are not built on: intellilect, conversation, or sex.

So, whats left?

I think they are not built solely on either of those things but they may be part of the deal I guess.

One thing I have learned here is that what the Thais call (in English) 'feeling comfortable' is just as important as Thai people think it is.

We would probably call it 'ease of heart' sabai jai?

The happy state of affairs when two people are not living in each others pockets but love the time they spend together or not necessarily involved in each others business but share precious time together. . . . .sounds a bit corny, I admit. 

Not constantly checking on each other but just the right amount of jealousy (very little) 

But then, what do I know????

• Like 2

On 28/08/2017 at 3:40 AM, Shiver said:

Here's my version (or my s/o version from earlier this week).

Me: "I want to find a shop to change everything on the PCX that is colour brown to something else as it is ugly"

Her: "You want new bike?"
Me: "No, this one runs as sweet as the day it was new, I just want to make it look fresh that's all.  Why... do you want a new bike?".

Her: "....yes"
Me: "But I thought you wanted a new car!?"
Her:  "Yes, I'd like a car, a New car". (she can't drive btw)
Me:  "So if you have a new bike and a new car, will that create happiness in your life?  What would you want then?"
Her: "...New house...?"

Me: "So let's say you had a new bike, new car, new house, new everything, what do you want then?"
Her: "Salary ... and money, and securiteee".
Me:  "What would you do with your salary if not buy what you'd already have by then?  You already have everything you think you want and it's all wrapped up in a farang right in front of you.  You cannot want something that you already have.  You really need to go and think this one through".
Her:  "You hungry yet?"

So, I don't know if that is an answer to your question, but you can see from the above example that in this particular case she didn't really think/like/dislike anything about us.  They appear to be in a divergently not quite parallel universe, so I would conclude that we should just choose whether to play the game, there maybe trouble ahead, but enjoy the now (I'm always living in the future and too busy to just stop and enjoy the now, so please understand that what I talk isn't always my walk).

Luckily the "baby/clock ticking thing" didn't get mentioned in this particular encounter, though I do find it a little disturbing that she talks to the dog as "my son, my son..." (Hierarchically I've been leap frogged again :passifier:)

Laugh or cry?
Captain Kirk "Should I bleach my hair or hold my stomach in.  Dammit I'll do both".

Very good.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2017 at 6:48 AM, RawboneFunksta said:

In my opinion there are beautiful, graceful and generous women in every nation.

As far as conversation goes, there are many who say conversation with a Thai girl is impossible. 

I would ask them, when was the last time you had a meta physical conversation with any woman or man for that matter?

Conversations about art, politics or life are limited in all countries because unless the speakers are educated they are not capable.

However, the ability to have a conversation is not what relationships are built on.

An intelligent, well read woman may be a terrible bitch and vice versa. 

Sex is easy to find in this beautiful country and I do not mean of the bargirl variety although there is nothing intrinsically wrong with that.

Love is not so easy but one probably has more chance of it once one reaches middle years than in the west.

Older people, especially, it seems, older, white men, are dismissed and denigrated as being 'past it' or 'out of touch' and especially as 'old perverts' as if an older man should just shrivel up and die and certainly should never show interest in sex or love, that's strictly for the young. Yeats wrote this in Sailing to Byzantium, 'this is no country for old men' (I do not mean the movie) 

Thailand is the modern day Byzantium??

What's interesting is the ire flung at 'sex-pats' characterised as uneducated, loutish boors. Thai Isan girls too are described in similar ways. They are illiterate and primitive and without sophistication it is said. In which case these two groups of people seem a perfect match but frankly they exist in all countries.

Building a relationship on one's sexual desire and beauty is a fool's errand. I did it for years and always discovered that once the excitement dies, which it always does, there may be little left. Liking someone, that's the key, in my opinion. Liking Thai women is pretty easy once you realise that sabainess is what's important. Ease of heart and being able to be in the same space without having to talk or interact apart from a smile from a doe eyed, gentle hearted woman makes for a long and easy relationship. 

Thai women are great eye candy and no matter their age they usually care about their appearance, dress as well as they can afford and have a natural elegance and graciousness about that is unique to Thailand, I think.

Why criticise poor Thai girls and ladyboys with no education? How would we fare in their shoes?

Very insightful.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2017 at 11:45 AM, Shiver said:

No not yet.  It'll happen, just as soon as she gets serious about it.  The resources are there and she can have 100% ownership and walk away if she likes.

She's too busy working to make any money herself.  I'm fine with all of the above, she pretty much saved me from myself, and nurtured and supported me when the chips were down healthwise, so she can take it.  My only reservation I've stated is that the majority of my cash will go to my sisters and a nephew since both of sisters are heavily mortgaged up (and will have to hope the pension system doesn't fail them) and living in what was England.

I don't much care for having assets in this country that just tolerates me for the moment.  My assets stay in my brain and the financial assets I have multi-signature redundancy of several trusted parties away from banks that don't need her to participate, but she would be a recipient after I pop my clogs.  She's not a money grabber though, and that's weird. 100 baht shoes or new clothes seem to be her level (inexpensive, but frequent, and she enjoys spending more on taking friends to the BBQ down the road or something.

I was eyeing up a 'modest' island in the British Virgin Islands and mulling over transport and internet solutions, but didn't think she'd want to move there, so I found a small island in Thailand (much less beautiful but in her own back yard.  You'd think anyone would snatch your hand off when offered so much land/trees/fruit/solitude or party island or whatever you wanted to do.  I showed her the picture.  Her take? "But where friends? Not interesting".  I suggested she could invite her friends, but if fell on deaf ears as she'd already gone back to doing the ironing. [shrugs].

She's looking into how to get the keys to view a house in Udon near one of the lakes.  It's alright, but it's the usual single skin concrete stuff.  I wanted to secure a piece of land that had potential to architect something unique and heat/cold efficient with space to grow vegetables and somewhere to put my 'man cave' for tool storage, testing out crazy ideas rather than a series of concrete boxes with a roof slapped on top and enough space between neighbours that you don't have to pretend not to notice each other when brushing your teeth if the door isn't closed.

It's a work in progress...

She sounds a keeper

• Like 2