Hong Kong tourist dies after falling from 5th floor of Pattaya shopping mall

webfact

Hong Kong tourist dies after falling from 5th floor of Pattaya shopping mall

pa1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- A man from Hong Kong has died after falling from the 5th floor of the Mike Shopping Mall located on Pattaya Beach Road.

The incident occurred around 7pm on Saturday evening.

Police and rescue workers attended the scene where they found Kwok Siu Chung, 52, lay face down on the ground floor. He had suffered serious injuries.

Police said rescue workers gave him first aid at the scene but he died later in hospital.

Pattaya News reported that staff at the mall initially tried to stop local journalists reporting the incident.

Police said they are investigating the circumstances to how the man died.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-27

7 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Surprised BIB did not immediately claim it was suicide as we know how these top class sleuths deduce such things instantly.

I too was surprised that neither the cops or the news made some sort of amazing theory about how it happened.

Maybe they have been listening to our laughter at such efforts.

46 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

Did he come from the top floor, where the swimming pool is?  Hard to fall accidentally from there. 

It says 5th floor and I believe the roof pool is higher than that.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

My friend's wife was there and saw the fall.  She's quite upset now.  Can't blame her.  She was in the food court, I believe.

How could she see it from the food court ,that is unless he jumped from there ,

4 hours ago, saakura said:

Why would they try to stop the media from reporting this unfortunate accident or incident? Are they scared of losing sales? Pathetic!

No businesses likes to have incidents like this in the news, especially hotels.

Edited by Kabula

Nobody falls from thd 5th floor unless he was pushed or it wss a suicide. There must have been plenty of witnesses around so no reason for Mikes to hide anything from the media.

7 hours ago, balo said:

Nobody falls from thd 5th floor unless he was pushed or it wss a suicide. There must have been plenty of witnesses around so no reason for Mikes to hide anything from the media.

balo you are using logical western thoughts,we are in Thailand don,t forget :whistling:

There are around 3-4 shopping floors. There is no ground access from the 5th floor food court. 

My guess is he was on the 4th floor and fell over the railing although it's just amazing how many people fall from high places in Pattaya!

I told a friend I was going to buy a condo in Thailand. He joked that I should get one with no balcony.  Maybe he wasn't joking.  Unreal how many people fall from condos, hotels, elevators and now malls. I might start wearing a parachute just in case.

1 hour ago, uchibenkei said:

I told a friend I was going to buy a condo in Thailand. He joked that I should get one with no balcony.  Maybe he wasn't joking.  Unreal how many people fall from condos, hotels, elevators and now malls. I might start wearing a parachute just in case.

Are you sure you want to buy a condo here? Think twice.