Thanyapura, Sports Camp Australia to organize sporting programs in Phuket

snoop1130

Thanyapura, Sports Camp Australia to organize sporting programs in Phuket

Phuket Gazette

1_201732817030429_RtorZGJDielVbODcsdaTQCunrFWKHsUYlIQLPaOx_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- The Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort has partnered with Sports Camp Australia (SCA) to organize interschool games and sporting programs. 

Nearly 20,000 parents, students, supporters and coaches from Australasia are expected to participate, generating more than 40,000 room nights for Phuket. Fifty per cent of the room nights will be spread out among other resorts in the area. 

“Thanyapura is committed to turning Thailand into a regional sports hub for the international community. We've partnered up with Sports Camp Australia to advance Phuket’s sports tourism economy with the influx of parents, children and coaches from the regional sporting community,” said Philipp Graf von Hardenberg, President and CEO of Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Thanyapura-Sports-Camp-Australia-organize-sporting-programs/66420?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-3-28

6 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Ping pong in Bangla is about the extent. Of course the tour de france is coming and the F1 GP.

You need to get off your sofa and out of the bar more often.   Thanyapura is one of, if not the top sports facility in Asia.   From running track to Olympic size swimming pool, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, it's particularly popular with Triathletes (though probably not with pool players in Chang vests).   Google it to get an idea.

There are numerous cycling groups and clubs on the island, and you'll see cyclists all over the island (though not on Bangla) early every morning and late afternoon.   Take a visit to Rama IX park in Vichit late afternoon and see the number of people exercising or playing sports there.   Or Saphin Hin, which has numerous facilities.   There's also Bang Wad in Kathu with lots of people walking, running or cycling around the reservoir every day (you pass through one of the numerous golf courses to get there).

Every month there is some kind of organised event, from those attracting international athletes such as the Phuket Triathlon, the Phuket Marathon.   Mountain Biking is very popular with quite a few trails that are well used.

Like most things on Phuket, it's all there for those who want it, or don't.

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

You need to get off your sofa and out of the bar more often.   Thanyapura is one of, if not the top sports facility in Asia.   From running track to Olympic size swimming pool, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, it's particularly popular with Triathletes (though probably not with pool players in Chang vests).   Google it to get an idea.

There are numerous cycling groups and clubs on the island, and you'll see cyclists all over the island (though not on Bangla) early every morning and late afternoon.   Take a visit to Rama IX park in Vichit late afternoon and see the number of people exercising or playing sports there.   Or Saphin Hin, which has numerous facilities.   There's also Bang Wad in Kathu with lots of people walking, running or cycling around the reservoir every day (you pass through one of the numerous golf courses to get there).

Every month there is some kind of organised event, from those attracting international athletes such as the Phuket Triathlon, the Phuket Marathon.   Mountain Biking is very popular with quite a few trails that are well used.

Like most things on Phuket, it's all there for those who want it, or don't.

You obviously get excited over something insignificant. Wouldnt even represent 1% of the access to all sports, or the opportunity to participate, or the available facilities from where i come from.

"Internation athletes". Yes, someone who resides overseas. Just like Phuket is an "internatiinal tourist destination".

To some it may be. To me and most it is just a slum, a cesspool but with a facade to cover what lay beneath.

You obviously feel at home in this environment. Good for you!

Edited by Reigntax

21 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

You obviously get excited over something insignificant. Wouldnt even represent 1% of the access to all sports, or the opportunity to participate, or the available facilities from where i come from.

"Internation athletes". Yes, someone who resides overseas. Just like Phuket is an "internatiinal tourist destination".

To some it may be. To me and most it is just a slum, a cesspool but with a facade to cover what lay beneath.

21 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Just responding to your crass comment, which you must have based on a zero knowledge of both Phuket's sports facilities and residential areas.   Tell us what sports you do, and I'll try and quote some local examples for you.   Your mention of Bangla essentially gives me all the information I need of your familiarity with Phuket.

4 hours ago, pagallim said:

Just responding to your crass comment, which you must have based on a zero knowledge of both Phuket's sports facilities and residential areas.   Tell us what sports you do, and I'll try and quote some local examples for you.   Your mention of Bangla essentially gives me all the information I need of your familiarity with Phuket.

The problem is i am familiar with Phuket and what is has to offer. Much to familiar. You are obviously not familiar with that on offer in developed countries to make any reasonable comparison.

A perfect example is the island promotes itself as a seaside resort and cant even get a decent life saving service in place. I believe its only been operating sucessfully in my country for about 80 years. 

You're happy, so be it.

Edited by Reigntax

I can only hazard a guess at which parts of Phuket you have familiarity.   Phuket is a small island province, and cannot claim to have (with the exception of Thanypura) world class sports facilities.   However, it does have good facilities if you seek them out, some of which I mentioned previously and without including the water sports including diving, sailing, canoeing, kite surfing, fishing etc etc.

People also come from all over the world solely to learn/practice Muay Thai/martial arts (have a walk down Soi Tai Eid in Chalong).

Have a browse through this link:

http://www.thanyapura.com/#Thanyapura-Health-Sports-Resort

Here's an example of an event taking place tomorrow:

Triathlon 1.4.17.jpg

What a sad pathetic individual you are. Your comments are simply stupid beyond belief. Phuket offers so much more than what you describe. I guess your experiences don't extend beyond Soi Bangla,don't come Good for us!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, tomultmann said:

What a sad pathetic individual you are. Your comments are simply stupid beyond belief. Phuket offers so much more than what you describe. I guess your experiences don't extend beyond Soi Bangla,don't come Good for us!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You are obviously used to living in slums which your ignorance to any kind of quality is clearly evident. Good for you, Phuket needs people of your quality to keep the pretence going.

Yes, good for you and better for us that you are attracted to locations that suit your requirements.

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

You are obviously used to living in slums which your ignorance to any kind of quality is clearly evident. Good for you, Phuket needs people of your quality to keep the pretence going.

Yes, good for you and better for us that you are attracted to locations that suit your requirements.

Your comment about 'living in slums' is a good indication of where you stayed in Phuket (incidentally, when were you in Phuket, and where did you stay?).

Would also be polite to tell us where you live, and who knows we might all gasp in amazement that someone actually lives in a paradise.

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

Your comment about 'living in slums' is a good indication of where you stayed in Phuket (incidentally, when were you in Phuket, and where did you stay?).

Would also be polite to tell us where you live, and who knows we might all gasp in amazement that someone actually lives in a paradise.

None of your business as I doubt we will cross paths. To the latter, Its actually referred to as "gods country", not paradise.