For those with Samsung inverter washing machines

Crossy

Mr Samsung is coming tomorrow to take the beast away to "investigate".

I expect they will find nothing wrong, in which case I will tell them to keep their carp and go to the Consumer Protection people to get my money back.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Mr Samsung is coming tomorrow to take the beast away to "investigate".

I expect they will find nothing wrong, in which case I will tell them to keep their carp and go to the Consumer Protection people to get my money back.

Does Samsung give you any information if this is a unique problem or EVERYBODY has same?  Maybe a call to Samsung Thailand would be in order - like as high as you can get.

9 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

Does Samsung give you any information if this is a unique problem or EVERYBODY has same? 

A very good question.

The first time it died from a suspected power surge (local transformer went pop during rain) the man told us to keep it unplugged when not in use as surges killing the controller was "a common problem".

However the reaction from the local service centre to our continual failures suggests that not all owners are having these issues (at least not at our level). I'm prepared to let them have another go at sorting it. But if it fails again then they will feel the wrath of a Thai woman who feels she's been ripped off with sub-standard goods.

They do not want to get on the bad side of my lovely, really they don't.

8 minutes ago, Arjen said:

I once had a proffesional one (Fluke) It is amazing what kind of information this gives!

Don't expect Fluke accuracy and performance from an Arduino and a dead simple interface :smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung called yesterday. They "cannot fix" the machine (ok they can't work out why it fries control boards).

Offered Madam 20k cash against the 29k purchase price plus the 7k repair fees.

I would have held out for more but she accepted, not really a bad result we got 2 years out of the machine.

Shopping for a new machine at the weekend, not going to be a Samsung (a shame as the machine we had is now 25k), probably an Electrolux who seem to have the best bang for the buck at present.

This https://www.homepro.co.th/product/1070274

or this https://www.homepro.co.th/product/1070362

They both have 2 year machine warranty (10 on the motor), twice Mr Samsung.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Shopping for a new machine at the weekend

Wonder if there are any electrical filters you can put on to protect just this machine.

Or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the quality of your residential line, and it was just happens to be a design flaw and Samsung isn't sharing the actual MTBF rates they're seeing for that model.

25 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Wonder if there are any electrical filters you can put on to protect just this machine.

Or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the quality of your residential line, and it was just happens to be a design flaw and Samsung isn't sharing the actual MTBF rates they're seeing for that model.

We already have a front end 60kA MOV, an AVR and a local 3kA MOV for the machine, I really don't know what else can be added.

I suspect the latter option is really the truth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RichCor said:

With you posting your samples from your new monitoring toy, I just wondered if your pump starts might be causing line quality issues. I've had electronics die a predictable certain death during extreme undervoltage conditions.

Certainly possible, but any excursions are relatively short lived (< 1 sec) and within the acceptable limits for the mains supply. And the same pumps were in use before the trouble started.

We shall see how the new machine behaves.

I bought a new top loader last year.  After following this thread  I stayed away from Samsung and anything with an inverter.  I ended up with a Panasonic 12.5 kilo unit and am very pleased with it.  I have a family of eight, me and 7 dogs.  They don't use a lot of laundry and I haven't tried giving a bath to any of them using the machine!

13 hours ago, Crossy said:

Samsung called yesterday. They "cannot fix" the machine (ok they can't work out why it fries control boards).

Offered Madam 20k cash against the 29k purchase price plus the 7k repair fees.

I would have held out for more but she accepted, not really a bad result we got 2 years out of the machine.

Shopping for a new machine at the weekend, not going to be a Samsung (a shame as the machine we had is now 25k), probably an Electrolux who seem to have the best bang for the buck at present.

This https://www.homepro.co.th/product/1070274

or this https://www.homepro.co.th/product/1070362

They both have 2 year machine warranty (10 on the motor), twice Mr Samsung.

The Electrolux we bought the same time as you ...10Kgs ...has worked perfectly...apparently your beloved talked to MrsJ yesterday ... so you could be 'upgrading' to an Electrolux ...:smile::smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

The Electrolux we bought the same time as you ...10Kgs ...has worked perfectly...apparently your beloved talked to MrsJ yesterday ... so you could be 'upgrading' to an Electrolux ...:smile::smile:

How loud is your beastie on spin?

1 minute ago, wayned said:

Took a quick look at the spec, it says " The new EcoInverter technology".  I hope that is not the same inverter4 technology that your Samsung had!

With a 2 year warranty (10 on the motor) I think we (ok Electrolux) will be finding out if we have a power issue.

Where I live, the closest authorized repair facility ( Panasonic or any other brand) is over 100 kilometers away.  Although it has a 2 year/10 year warranty, they don't make house calls!