Songkran faces ban! Water throwing set to be a crime this year

rooster59

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Point well missed.

Indeed, people here on tv just arent that smart. 

Or tneir took damn lazy to actually read.

Yet these same folk manage to argue politics to the death despite the fact that the seem to lack the intellectual abiloty to actually understand what they read.

Did u C the  last THREE words............id  suggest you  have missed the "point" 

Heres the "clue"  

"TODAYS THE DAY" hmmmmmmmmmm wonder what day it is hmmmmmmmmm

"That  bloody powder bakes onto the car in the hot sun and you have to have it cut  out with  cutting paste, no one minds a  bit of  CLEAN water but  buckets of ice and other crap + all the running into the roads to hurl it is sheer stupidity it  also drags on way too long.However as mentioned todays the day"

Edited by kannot

8 minutes ago, transam said:

As you are a new guy here you seem to be having a bad day....Tell us about it....:stoner:

Nah, just traced the origin of the rumor around the bar today back to here and saw three posts in a row that made me laugh. Water war in 10 days... been waiting all year. 

2 minutes ago, Grauwulf said:

After all the posts by members who automatically saw this as the traditional April fools prank story, some still believe it. Oh dear just like the previous 90 day reporting at 7/11 ....?

No wonder they looked at me funny when I turned up at 7-11 with my passport,  photos and TM-7

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Yet these same folk manage to argue politics to the death despite the fact that the seem to lack the intellectual abiloty to actually understand what they read.

Please, do try to lighten up a little !!!

:)

40 minutes ago, howbri said:

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE WATER FIGHTS. Especially throwing water on motorbikes and cars. Dangerous! It's an infantile form of amusement and won't be missed by most.

Whoosh

It seems that the powers that be has decided to suck the fun out of coming to Thailand for a good time which millions are doing just that, with no sex in Pattaya and no water fight which is the essence of Songkran for many tourists, other restrictions are put in place now that will turn coming to Thailand for a holidays not much better than other boring countries.....

There also banning "sucking the fun out of you" or something lime that

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that the powers that be has decided to suck the fun out of coming to Thailand for a good time which millions are doing just that, with no sex in Pattaya and no water fight which is the essence of Songkran for many tourists, other restrictions are put in place now that will turn coming to Thailand for a holidays not much better than other boring countries.....

Whooosh!!!!........

As I flipped my calendar over to a "New Month"  ...

I was shocked and appalled to read this posting.

I'll assume that the Go-Go bars will also cancel the 'shower shows' and 'frolicking in the tub shows'. 

Will car washes be allowed to open during this festive season?

9 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/2016/04/01/1459483022/

Are you sure this is an April fools joke. Can you joke about the military Junta. Joke about article 44. Joke about Songkran which brings in so much tourism. Risk losing that tourism for a joke.

This can't be a joke. The newspapers reporting this would be closed down.

Whooosh!!!.... 2

"... At first officials had considered rebranding the traditional Thai new year celebration to satisfy another critical resource allocation issue: Citizens would have been encouraged to celebrate the Songkran Rubber Festival by hurling harmless fun sourced from price-guaranteed rubber plantations in the south.

Winthai however said economic indicators suggested a better use.

“Soon we’re going to need all that rubber for writing checks!” handsome Winthai said with a wan smile and smoldering eyes filled with obvious passion for Thailand and what else we can only fantasize?"

Thai media gets April Fools Day.... who woulda thought, eh?

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

and write ?

41 minutes ago, wvavin said:

As long as no water throwing at passing cars would be good enough for safety reason.

I think that's why so many believed the story - they wanted it to be true.

Throwing water at passing cars?  Not ideal, but FAR less dangerous than throwing water at passing scooters!

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

The water throwing was never anything more than a perversion of the actual Songkran tradition.  Kind of embarrassing that so many foreigners come not knowing or caring about the difference.  In this particular instance, the "unelected officials" enjoy the support of many Thais.  But how dare the locals spoil the simple-minded antic fun of ignorant tourists, right?

Hey this is an April fools joke story not real Get over it 

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

The water throwing was never anything more than a perversion of the actual Songkran tradition.  Kind of embarrassing that so many foreigners come not knowing or caring about the difference.  In this particular instance, the "unelected officials" enjoy the support of many Thais.  But how dare the locals spoil the simple-minded antic fun of ignorant tourists, right?

Wasn't it Thaivisa who came up with this joke? Can't find other sources.

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

You should also stay off your bed because about a 1/2 dozen guys are found dead there each month as reported on TVF.  Oh yah stay off your balcony as well and be careful with any electricity producing items too!  

Half a dozen guys!  There's me thinking they were just lumps in the mattress.  I'll have a word with the wife; she can use the short-time hotels in future.