What’s the Craziest Creature you’ve seen in Thailand?

Inspire

44 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

No really Trans looked like Phil Collins back then and I saw somewhere before Trans photo recently and he looks like an old Phil Collins there too. I'm beginning to think maybe Trans is Phil Collins!images-2.jpeg.2fedcd711ecf7aa0f668b447ebd28b4c.jpeg

Yes Phil Collins, and Trans sings as well :guitar:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I'll have to hear his drumming before I concur emoji51.png

Phil Collins drumming?? I though he was a singer with a band then he went solo, was his band not "The Police"? I though they were rotten.

Phil Collins drumming?? I though he was a singer with a band then he went solo, was his band not "The Police"? I though they were rotten.

Surely you jest Mr Possum ??
Phil Collins is a terrific drummer, drummed for Genesis until Peter Gabriel upped and left and Collins took over vocals.

The Police was lead by Sting ( Gordon Sumner).

Although I think I've been stung by your post ?

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Surely you jest Mr Possum ??
Phil Collins is a terrific drummer, drummed for Genesis until Peter Gabriel upped and left and Collins took over vocals.

The Police was lead by Sting ( Gordon Sumner).

Although I think I've been stung by your post ?

I have been brought up with Elvis, Roy Orbison, then played mostly with Country and Western bands, so I don't really know much about eighties bands.

I thought that The Beautiful South were brilliant though.

I have 3, firstly it is clear to me that everything here in Thailand is supersized when it comes to insects and lizards. FIerce food competition

1) One night I was cleaning up the garbage and heard this crunching noise, I lifted up the bag to find a 15" long Centipede that would not let go of the bag. I cut it in half with a shovel and in the morning it was still alive. I fed it to the chickens. Its mandibles were huge and could easily pack a wallop

2) I was walking through the forest near Mae Sot and walked up on a  Giant weaver spider. Had a leg span of at least 8" and was sitting perfectly in its web. As I got within 3 feet to take a picture it flinched up so I knew it could see me

3) I was fly fishing in a khlong in Ayutthaya by my BIL's place and saw this wake in the water coming at me, I ignored it until it headed towards me. It came right out of the water and was a 5 to 6ft long Monitor lizard. F'n thing chased me 50 yards before it gave up. 

One other, I was riding my moto up in the mountains near my home and came around a corner to find this huge bull elephant in the road. In the US we worry about squirrels and an occasional deer. Here its elephants. I grabbed a handle full of brake and left. 

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I have 3, firstly it is clear to me that everything here in Thailand is supersized when it comes to insects and lizards. FIerce food competition

3) I was fly fishing in a khlong in Ayutthaya by my BIL's place and saw this wake in the water coming at me, I ignored it until it headed towards me. It came right out of the water and was a 5 to 6ft long Monitor lizard. F'n thing chased me 50 yards before it gave up. 

For a minute I thought you were going to say it was Possum with a beard....58eb5ff6d6c2b_laughalot.gif.1fbea9aa44a231762feb53bb05408728.gif

One other, I was riding my moto up in the mountains near my home and came around a corner to find this huge bull elephant in the road. In the US we worry about squirrels and an occasional deer. Here its elephants. I grabbed a handle full of brake and left. 

Elephants can certainly get pissed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, possum1931 said:

A designer stubble is not too bad, other than that, IMO facial hair is evil looking, why is it mostly unattractive guys who grow facial hair?

Most of the terrorists, evil people, child molesters have facial hair. However, I am not saying all people with facial hair are evil, one of my best friends has it, and

you could not meet a nicer guy.

Well Possum, I am afraid we are miles apart. As a facial hair aficionado of some 30 years, I must say I have never seen anything so offensive, to a true follower of natural hirsuteness, as a designer stubble. Merely a sign of the sheep following the latest trend. To disappoint you further, I have never been a terrorist, evil or a child molester. And my mum loves me, so I must be a nice guy. Maybe I am one of the good ones, like your friend. Maybe we should meet for a cold sherbet, you might just change your tune about (some) of your bearded brethren!!!

1 hour ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Well Possum, I am afraid we are miles apart. As a facial hair aficionado of some 30 years, I must say I have never seen anything so offensive, to a true follower of natural hirsuteness, as a designer stubble. Merely a sign of the sheep following the latest trend. To disappoint you further, I have never been a terrorist, evil or a child molester. And my mum loves me, so I must be a nice guy. Maybe I am one of the good ones, like your friend. Maybe we should meet for a cold sherbet, you might just change your tune about (some) of your bearded brethren!!!

Sorry mate, as you say we are miles apart, IMO facial hair is downright ugly, another thing, down through the years, how many goodlooking film stars or recording artists have facial hair? I give you Elvis etc,etc.

17 hours ago, Panda13 said:

images.jpg
Have one that lives outside my kitchen window. The gf says, its good luck if they call 10 times and to buy a lottery ticket. Mine calls 10 times just about nightly so I'm always buying tickets but only win 2 numbers usually.

Last night I heard THUD THUD THUD down the side of the house and then this came flying in through the window.  Don't know what was chasing it.  

17862692_806190299528340_3694877875388735633_n (1).jpg

Edited by akirasan

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Sorry mate, as you say we are miles apart, IMO facial hair is downright ugly, another thing, down through the years, how many goodlooking film stars or recording artists have facial hair? I give you Elvis etc,etc.

Brad Pitt, James Brolin,  Leo Dicaprio, George Clooney, Pierce Brosnan, Hugh Jackman, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, David Beckham, Dave Grohl, Kris Kristofferson, me, Kenny Rogers, Richie Haves, Scott Ian, Snoop Dogg, P Puff Diddy Widdy Daddy, really I could go on all day. To open another can of worms, I have noticed that you are a "Bass Playing Member" on the little side bit to the left. I myself prefer six or twelve strings, so alas, I fear we will never see eye to eye. Even the one bass I own has 5 strings  ;-)

I said "good looking", that does not apply to some of the people you mention, some of them, David Beckham ie, it is only designer stubble, which I already said was not so bad.

Also, some of these actors only grow facial hair main for the movie parts they are playing.

Look at the most evil men in the world, Hitler, Gaddafi, Saddam. I rest my case.

7 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Yep ,they are weird but not as weird as a drunk Thai that wants to be your friend.  Not weird more damn annoying . Back to weird ..........

004.JPG

Yep, they can strip a shrub very quickly!  Fortunately, the shrub always recovers.

Incidentally, any idea what these metamorphosize into - presumably one of the huge moths?

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I said "good looking", that does not apply to some of the people you mention, some of them, David Beckham ie, it is only designer stubble, which I already said was not so bad.

Also, some of these actors only grow facial hair main for the movie parts they are playing.

Look at the most evil men in the world, Hitler, Gaddafi, Saddam. I rest my case.

Ghandi, Martin Luther King and Cat Stevens. I rest my case.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Looks good to me..........Briton's King George V.....

george.thumb.jpg.f997f1f113519cf4ad7b7d6b5877e9cd.jpg

Edited by transam

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yep, they can strip a shrub very quickly!  Fortunately, the shrub always recovers.

Incidentally, any idea what these metamorphosize into - presumably one of the huge moths?

I wish I knew dd , I know more about reptiles over here , someone must know , I do know some about hawk moths as we had them in the Uk but nothing there like this one eh.