Plastic Surgeons

coldcrush

I interviewed the plastic surgeon at Ram hospital in the past year and have seen him loitering around the clinic desk almost every morning I have been there on other business.

He is quite old, his findgers look like a farmers and I had absolutely no confidence in his abilities, althoujgh I have not experienced them. If he was good, I would suspect he would be busy, not meadering around most mornings.

He quoted me 80K for a face lift, and I know they are avaialble in Bkk for a lot less. Yhanee hospital for one.

The dermatologist, who works down the hall, was shocked at the price quoted and said in no uncertain terms, don't let him operate on you.

I didn't and have yet to have any plastic work done in Thailand. I have heard rumors that there is a good plastic man in Chiang Mai in a private practice but I don't know his name. I would expect CMU must have a professor of plastic surgery who moonlights, but I don't know that for a fact. There is a big difference between cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery. CMU plastic man may be a plastic reconstuctive surgeon and not cosmetically oriented, so check out any guy you find and ask for his portfolio.

Good luck.

One idea would be to check the *age* of the surgeon, which will provide an indication of how old *his* instructors were when he was at med school. Which year would *they* have learned *their* medicince? Younger is better...

Look at the Doctors which specialize in your area. See which fellowships they have been on. (Bumrungrad website allows this easily.) Use that as guidance. Consider approaching your targetted surgeon for treatment outside of the hospital, where it might be cheaper.

Try humour on your wife before surgery, of course.

Would she like her friends saying "Oh, nice new nose. That is a number 9, isn't it?"

Poor Michael Jackson. He was such a good looking boy.