PM Prayut reminds Thais to be proud of UN’s higher happiness ranking for Thailand

webfact

PM Prayut reminds Thais to be proud of UN’s higher happiness ranking for Thailand

hh.jpg

BANGKOK, April 17, 2017 (NNT) - The Prime Minister is encouraging Thai people to feel upbeat about the country’s improved ranking in the United Nations’ latest World Happiness Report. 

Spokesman to the Prime Minister’s Office Lt. Gen. Sunsern Kaewkumnerd, said that the report by the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Solutions Network showed Thailand was ranked ASEAN’s second and the world’s 32nd happiest country. 

The result has taken into consideration such variables as gross domestic product per capita, education and family life, healthy life expectancy, freedom to make life choices and transparency. 

Lt. Gen. Sunsern said that Thailand’s ranking, which is after the United Arab Emirates and Singapore in Asia, is an apparent improvement that Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said Thai people should be proud of. 

In addition, the PM said that the government has been working hard to make Thais happy and to ensure those with a low income are treated fairly, while introducing sustainable development and reform plans to help move Thailand out of the middle-income doldrums towards the status of a country of high incomes in the future.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-17

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming 32nd isn't too shabby, but hardly worth crowing about. I note he didn't mention where they rank for road safety, corruption, education, healthcare, freedom of speech, human rights issues and a whole host more where their position is seriously less than admirable.

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Coming 32nd isn't too shabby, but hardly worth crowing about. I note he didn't mention where they rank for road safety, corruption, education, healthcare, freedom of speech, human rights issues and a whole host more where their position is seriously less than admirable.

I bet Thailand ranks #1 for katoy beauty contests.

Meanwhile, Thai land is being scraped clear of greenery by about 150 rai/day - replaced by apartments and shopping malls.  All that land being covered by concrete and asphalt is going to exacerbate Bkk's future flooding problems.  Fewer places for rain to seep.   Reap what you sow.

How times change, from one PM who quipped that the UN is not my father

to now, actually taking UN words for face value, the truth lies in the fact

that the UN is just like any other business with agendas, praise some while

vilifying others....

"You are happy!  We are all happy!"

"Ummmm, not really, sir."

"Yes, you are!"

"No, not really, sir"

<face flushes red>

"No!  You ARE happy.  It says so right HERE!"

pra-1.jpg.ac150b62a1a0c8bd1baac06adb79e543.jpg

"Oh!  Yes, sir, my mistake.  I just forgot, sir, thank you for reminding me, sir."

"There there now, doesn't it feel better to be happy?"

"Yes, sir, much better.  Thank you, sir."

Edited by 55Jay

Who or what organisation actually supplies the information? Thai?

How transparent is the information?

Personally, I'm very doubtful about the legitimacy of the results.

However. If true? Well done, Thai nationals

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, pentap said:

Who or what organisation actually supplies the information? Thai?

How transparent is the information?

Personally, I'm very doubtful about the legitimacy of the results.

However. If true? Well done, Thai nationals
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I agree.. would like to know how the information was obtained, but if true then its well done.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Politicians always host the positives not the negatives. 

41 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Stop patting yourself on the back Thailand has by its very nature been a happy country

Im sure  you had little to do with it 

PS

When are the elections Mr Prime Minister?

Probably if certain parties realise democracy means listening to all voices, not only those of the majority.

The last supported by burning, shooting, lobbing grenades, threats to separate parts of the country, threats to make an army, and so on.

I havent seen the full study yet but it will be interesting to see if the country's score increased and due to the increased score moved up or was the score the same or lower but other countries that was above Thailand decreased at a faster rate. Many times the later scenario promotes countries up the ladder without them earning it. 

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I bet Thailand ranks #1 for katoy beauty contests.

Meanwhile, Thai land is being scraped clear of greenery by about 150 rai/day - replaced by apartments and shopping malls.  All that land being covered by concrete and asphalt is going to exacerbate Bkk's future flooding problems.  Fewer places for rain to seep.   Reap what you sow.

Happy Happy Happy!

4 hours ago, 55Jay said:

"Yes, you are!"

"No, not really, sir"

<face flushes red>

"Oh!  Yes, sir, my mistake.  I just forgot, sir, thank you for reminding me, sir."

Nice jet black hair on an old man. I bet he was the most handsome boy in school.

4 hours ago, 55Jay said:

"Yes, you are!"

"No, not really, sir"

<face flushes red>

I'll bet he won't behave nearly as bravely as Saddam Hussein at his execution. He'll be crying like a baby and begging for his life.