City Hall Instructed To Remove 11 CCTVs Before 1932 Plaque Taken

snoop1130

City Hall Instructed To Remove 11 CCTVs Before 1932 Plaque Taken

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

IMG_7671.JPG-696x522.jpg

The new plaque that replaced the 1932 revolution marker.

BANGKOK — City Hall officials Wednesday morning repeated claims it has no security camera footage to explain what happened to a historic marker which went missing earlier this month.

With the same explanation given to a Khaosod English reporter on Tuesday, Bangkok officials told a group of activists all 11 security cameras trained on the Royal Plaza had been removed just days before the 1932 revolution plaque was exhumed from the pavement.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/04/19/city-hall-instructed-remove-11-cctvs-1932-plaque-taken/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-4-19

How convenient for the thieves or whomever swapped out the plaque. Why doesn't the PM simply stand up and tell the public the truth. This cloak and dagger mystery is bloody stupid. Own up to it, Big Boy!

Are these unnecessary, useless cameras back now?

Nuttaa asked how police could hope to investigate any potential crime that took place there without aid from the cameras. Yutthayapan replied that crimes are unlikely to happen there because of high presence of security officers about the Royal Plaza.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/04/19/city-hall-instructed-remove-11-cctvs-1932-plaque-taken/

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

City Hall officials Wednesday morning repeated claims it has no security camera footage to explain what happened to a historic marker which went missing earlier this month.

Just how stupid do these people think the population is?

Their arrogance is breathtaking. 

Kinda foolish... removing the cameras, and switching the old plaque for a new one in fresh new cement and expecting everyone to buy the story.

If they wanted it gone, they should have just ripped it out of the ground in the dark of night and blamed it on scavengers.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Who gave instructions for the cctv cameras to be removed?

I bet nobody with take responsibility for that.

Som senior figure is behind the removal, but it will never come to light.

It is becoming fairly obvious who is behind this. The only odd thing is that the media are still pushing for answers.

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Err, well, nah, not sure......but yeah.

Let me just check....

Got it.

Had to just check.

But yes Bluespunk.

A rhetorical statement is actually arhetorical question that plays the role of a statement in that it is not meant to be answered. A rhetorical question is a figure of speech -- a tool used in writing to emphasize a point or to present a challenge.

And the answer is

VERY

Edited by BigBadGeordie

2 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Err, well, nah, not sure......but yeah.

Let me just check....

Got it.

Had to just check.

But yes Bluespunk.

A rhetorical statement is actually arhetorical question that plays the role of a statement in that it is not meant to be answered. A rhetorical question is a figure of speech -- a tool used in writing to emphasize a point or to present a challenge.

And the answer is

VERY

Cmon BBG so you went to all the trouble of looking up rhetorical and then went ahead and answered it anyway? ;)

Kinda foolish... removing the cameras, and switching the old plaque for a new one in fresh new cement and expecting everyone to buy the story.

If they wanted it gone, they should have just ripped it out of the ground in the dark of night and blamed it on scavengers.

Foolish? You are too kind. Try arrogant, retarded, idiotic and plain stupid.

The plaque, laid there in 1936 as a memorial to the bloodless revolution that installed democracy in Thailand four years earlier, was spotted missing last week. It had been replaced with a new, similar brass plaque bearing no reference to those who ushered in democracy. Instead it praised the monarchy and the public’s duty to the king.

Shades of Orwell's Animal Farm.

10 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Whoever it is, they are totally removed from reality and must be living some kind of fantasy in respect of public perception.

Nah. "They" are above the "law", and tell the "public" what to do and think. They have no concerns for perception of the masses.

Edited by mtls2005

11 hours ago, Maestro said:

Are these unnecessary, useless cameras back now?

If there was a "high presence of security officers" where were they when the plaque was being dug out and the new one embedded in .Not exactly a 5min job??????? Why has nobody even thought of asking anybody ??????????????

The curious case of the 'dog doing nothing in the night' eh? Far be it from me to say I'm anywhere near 'well informed' about Thai history, but when I was teaching here a few year ago I understood that not all Thai historians agreed on the plaque's interpretation. One wonders that in the light of recent events those interpretations have resurfaced. Do we have a 'conspiracy theory' here?

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Their arrogance is breathtaking. 

So is their assumption of the people's stupidity. With the riding in the back of the pickup ban and the clearing out of food vendors (in the heavenly city of Bangkok only) and now this its seems the junta is operating on steroids. 

Nicked the country, nicked the historic marker, nicked what was freedom to, think, read, say and share, climbing up China's and Russia's rear. haven't you got the message yet? , If it was me I would be looking else where very quickly.

So you think Prayuth is behind this? :blink: :blink: :unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

4 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

If there was a "high presence of security officers" where were they when the plaque was being dug out and the new one embedded in .Not exactly a 5min job??????? Why has nobody even thought of asking anybody ??????????????

Ah, I see you've yet to come to grips with the tedious Thai Way of dancing around the bleeding obvious in order to preserve 'face'/avoid a defamation suit.

On 4/19/2017 at 5:30 PM, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok officials told a group of activists all 11 security cameras trained on the Royal Plaza had been removed just days before the 1932 revolution plaque was exhumed

Yeah, right! But then they probably weren't working, anyway.