Michelin Guide Bangkok confirms late 2017 debut at event today

webfact

Michelin Guide Bangkok confirms late 2017 debut at event today

By Coconuts Bangkok 

c1.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of Bangkok Foodies Official/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- There’s no backing out now. An event this morning announced the official launch of the Michelin Guide Bangkok, scheduled for release at the end of this year.

The partnership between the guide and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) was rumored for years. The timing of the official debut, when the crackdown on Bangkok’s street food has made international headlines, is interesting.

In Asia, the guide already produces editions in South Korea, Japan, China, and Singapore. It’s hard not to draw the comparison that’s already being made about Bangkok’s food scene — that officials are trying to make the city into a Singapore-lite, with vendors neatly tucked away in hawker centers and the streets mostly devoid of life.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/michelin-guide-bangkok-confirms-late-2017-debut-event-today/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-04-21

23 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Is the tire company Michelin, and the famous food authority Michelin, the same company? I did not know.

I find it very unlikely that the very hideous Michelin Man is what they normally use to promote their food guide.

One and the same. They won't find much here to hand stars out to.

2 hours ago, johninbkk71 said:
2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Is the tire company Michelin, and the famous food authority Michelin, the same company? I did not know.

I find it very unlikely that the very hideous Michelin Man is what they normally use to promote their food guide.

Really depending of where they search in Thailand...:smile:

8 hours ago, johninbkk71 said:

And even if a chef produces real michelinstandard food the untrained waiters will ruin the perfect presentation.

Even in 5* places in Thailand i'm always surprised by the unprofessionality.

On 4/21/2017 at 6:29 PM, canuckamuck said:

Is the tire company Michelin, and the famous food authority Michelin, the same company?

When the Michelin guide described the local chicken as "rubbery" it was taken as a complement.