Ddr Compatible On A Ddr2 Board?

joka

Hello!

I just bought a new motherboard and cpu from Malaysia, a Pentium D Model 820 and a Biostar 945G motherboard. 6200 baht total. The motherboard is spec'd for ddr2 memory, is ddr memory compatible?

It is surprising how cheap some computer parts are there, for example Kingston USB pen drive, 1GB, 590 baht. 2GB 1100 baht. I bought a hard drive in Thailand last month, 40 GB for 2100 baht, in Malaysia I could have bought 160 GB for the same price. Don't they make hard drives in Thailand?

Hello!

I just bought a new motherboard and cpu from Malaysia, a Pentium D Model 820 and a Biostar 945G motherboard. 6200 baht total. The motherboard is spec'd for ddr2 memory, is ddr memory compatible?

It is surprising how cheap some computer parts are there, for example Kingston USB pen drive, 1GB, 590 baht. 2GB 1100 baht. I bought a hard drive in Thailand last month, 40 GB for 2100 baht, in Malaysia I could have bought 160 GB for the same price. Don't they make hard drives in Thailand?

DDR and DDR2 are not compatible with each other. Where DDR has the TSOP package the module interfaces with the slot via 184 pins mounted on the side of the module, DDR2 uses 240 pads mounted on the underside of the module which interface with the slot. The FBGA architecture used in DDR2 allows for much more efficient placement of traces and pads, it being possible to run traces closer to the original source. Both modules are 5.25” in length and to prevent end users inadvertently plugging DDR into a DDR2 slot or vice versa the fitment slot is located differently on the two types.