Disney to open theme park in Thailand?

webfact

Disney to open theme park in Thailand?

By Coconuts Bangkok 

ds.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Tourism Permanent Secretary said that Disney is in talks with the government to build a theme park in Thailand.

Pongpanu Svetarundra, permanent secretary of Ministry of Tourism and Sports, revealed to reporters that Disney is looking to build a “DisneySea,” a nautical theme park in Thailand.

Pongpanu said a study needs to be done to determine where the theme park should be located, according to Khaosod.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/disney-open-theme-park-thailand/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-04-28

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pongpanu Svetarundra, permanent secretary of Ministry of Tourism and Sports, revealed to reporters that Disney is looking to build a “DisneySea,” a nautical theme park in Thailand.

Now, we know why they got the submarines.

Interesting to speculate where this might be. Japan's is on Tokyo Bay, close to Tokyo, where there is a lot of reclaimed land, and is near other resort areas, and with rail access. Hong Kong's is also on reclaimed land.

I imagine Disney is asking Thailand whether there is any square-mile reclamation project they can use, as they won't want any bad press about obliterating villages. They'll also want it as close to Bangkok as possible, but there's nothing but mud and mangroves there. I'll be surprised if this gets going, if only because there's no suitable spot for it..

14 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Don't be stupid it will only be 4x.

No No I talked with the PMs soothsayer and he advised me that Disney is going to give a discount to foreigners and Thais will be required 

to pay double 

That would be poetic justice ( In my dreams) lol

17 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

It is just the question of what theme would be appropriate here

i am sure my fellow  TVF warriors, wits and whiners can come up with some witty suggestions

We are trying!!!!!!!!!!

This will never happen! Thai's cannot compete with a Disney Product in Thailand. Just think Disney Sea would put Sea World in

Rayong out of business. That is a No No in Thailand because they cannot compete with Disney. What about Funland in Bangkok

competing against Disneyland. They can't, so no Disneyland! Sorry Thailand is a closed market! 

48 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Because a DisneyXXX theme would take business away from local entrepreneurs..... :coffee1:

LOL, but....wouldn't be long before a spin off Disney theme fantasy bar would appear in Patts  serving up bare arsed spankings from dominatrix Snow White.  If you go around and enter via the back door, you can a good thrashing from the Mickey & Minnie team. :laugh:

94abbd1d9cc576633d57983065d91c57.jpg.2eb354d3f83cbef1ecf2dfd121a83fc6.jpg  abb40a24f3a8e52031fd3fc1150d8b1c.jpg.a1ae997a090dcd795a7364c27dd8504b.jpg

Edited by 55Jay

Good intentions. But will it really work?

I'm hoping it will work out because kids plus adults alike, love theme parks etc but sadly my confidence is not there on this venture.

Time will tell, should it go ahead?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I heard some years ago about an attempt to establish a Disney theme park, on Koh Chang(?) when I remember well, but the project did not come to fruition because it would have been too close to a certain residence...

53 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Since it's a foreign theme park, I think it would be only fair to charge Thais 10x farang price.

Since Disney is an American Product, Americans would pay about 600 THB per day! A Thai citizen would pay about 6000 THB per day!

That's only fair in the Land of Smiles!