What age gap is acceptable?

CG1 Blue

9 minutes ago, inzman said:

This post is nuts, so I should adhere to others beliefs? Bullshit. My wife's age is only my business and nobody else opinion matters. I am in charge of my life!

No its a thread on age diffrence no one asked anyone to say what tbe wifes age is but some like me have no problem stating ages and what we think. No one has said tbere is a hard and fast rule for anyone to obey. Cant see why if your so wound up by the thread why bother to post in it. ? 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, mogandave said:

You could always configure your finances such that she is taken care of when you die.

She will be well taken care of financial after  I am gone.She gets my pension when I retire , after I pass, and we own property in the US and Thailand paid for.

We dont have any children and I worry she will be lonely after I pass.We have talked about adapting a kid.  

Anyway my point was that if we were closer in age we could grow old together, and when I pass It would be with a clear mind. Hopefully it will be a long time from now,  and by that time I will come to terms with it.

I will be 59, for a couple of months more 5555

She will be well taken care of financial after  I am gone.She gets my pension when I retire , after I pass, and we own property in the US and Thailand paid for.
 We dont have any children and I worry she will be lonely after I pass.We have talked about adapting a kid.  
Anyway my point was that if we were closer in age we could grow old together, and when I pass It would be with a clear mind. Hopefully it will be a long time from now,  and by that time I will come to terms with it.
 I will be 59, for a couple of months more 5555

Sorry, when you said you'd likely leave her "...to take care of herself..." I thought you meant financially.

She has no family? As long as she not left in poverty I would not worry too much. I have a wife and son, as long as I can see him through university I'll die happy.

You're much older than I am, I won't be 60 for at least another five months...

It's clear to me that big age gaps are not always a problem, and often result in very happy long term relationships. As many have said on here both parties need to be at the right stage in life, need to be totally honest with each other about what they want from the relationship, and should be a 'good fit'.

I imagine though that if you're 25 years older than your Thai wife, treat her badly, look like a tramp and spend your days drinking beer with your mates...it's not going to end well :smile:

13 hours ago, mogandave said:

Sorry, when you said you'd likely leave her "...to take care of herself..." I thought you meant financially.

She has no family? As long as she not left in poverty I would not worry too much. I have a wife and son, as long as I can see him through university I'll die happy.

You're much older than I am, I won't be 60 for at least another five months...

Two more months for me, I really thought I would be a lot more wiser by this time :laugh:

My Daughter from an other marriage is now twenty,  If I  live long enough to see her graduate I would also die happy:laugh:. At the rate she is going.......

But I understand your feeling about your son, nothing will make me happier to see my daughters future secured.

My wife' s dad passed unexpectedly last year, and her mother is on dialysis, so her life expectancy is not very long, I hope we can find her a kidney transplant , but I am not optimistic.My wife offered but Mom will have non of it, even though we explained that was not very dangerous to my wife. 

Anyway I dont think Mom will be around for long.

She has a sister who is a very nice girl, but they dont get along very well, Perhaps as they get older. And then Aunts and uncles. I am thinking If she had a kid to keep her busy.

Perhaps I am a bit of a control freak, or ascribe to much importance to my existence, but the Thought of leaving her alone at a relatively young age distresses me. I would feel much better if we were closer in age.

On 2017-4-29 at 6:26 AM, colinneil said:

Age is only a number.

What difference does it make?

I am 20 years older than my wife, so what, we are happy.

Great marriage, no sex, no beer, no fun, perfect.

You have married a caretaker and paying her a salary?

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

I doubt it; but even if they did, why would that matter?  Maybe you're a little too sensitive!

No need to worry. You'll fall off the branch before the kid finishes school.

Doesn't worry me. I couldnt give a shit. Sad for the kid though.

Just now, BigKahuna said:

No need to worry. You'll fall off the branch before the kid finishes school.

Doesn't worry me. I couldnt give a shit. Sad for the kid though.

Yeah, sad for any kid to lose a parent at any age.  But I was actually referring to your comment that a 25 year age gap was getting on for "creepy", which is not the same as you being sad for my son if I should die prematurely.  Maybe you were just being provocative and trying to be funny.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Yeah, sad for any kid to lose a parent at any age.  But I was actually referring to your comment that a 25 year age gap was getting on for "creepy", which is not the same as you being sad for my son if I should die prematurely.  Maybe you were just being provocative and trying to be funny.

It is creepy. A 2yo having a 60 to 65yo dad is not normal.

Sad for the kid but hey who cares right.

Old people should have kids....

4 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Whats creepy about it! And your correct "old people should have kids" so you managed to contridict your own post good one.

Edited by jeab1980

Just now, BigKahuna said:

What's that got to do with a 25-year age gap?  And I'm not 60!

I don't agree with you that "old people should have kids" (my emphasis), but I don't see a problem if they do and I certainly wouldn't insult them about it.

1 hour ago, BigKahuna said:

Other kids at school will call you grandpa when you pick up the 5yo.

Feeling a little judgemental today?  Let's see, what if other kids at school make fun of the kid for having a fat father?  Or a farang father?  Or a tattooed father?  Or a poor father?  Or no father at all?  Just saying.... 

17 hours ago, sirineou said:

Two more months for me, I really thought I would be a lot more wiser by this time :laugh:

My Daughter from an other marriage is now twenty,  If I  live long enough to see her graduate I would also die happy:laugh:. At the rate she is going.......

But I understand your feeling about your son, nothing will make me happier to see my daughters future secured.

My wife' s dad passed unexpectedly last year, and her mother is on dialysis, so her life expectancy is not very long, I hope we can find her a kidney transplant , but I am not optimistic.My wife offered but Mom will have non of it, even though we explained that was not very dangerous to my wife. 

Anyway I dont think Mom will be around for long.

She has a sister who is a very nice girl, but they dont get along very well, Perhaps as they get older. And then Aunts and uncles. I am thinking If she had a kid to keep her busy.

Perhaps I am a bit of a control freak, or ascribe to much importance to my existence, but the Thought of leaving her alone at a relatively young age distresses me. I would feel much better if we were closer in age.

For those with Children...  I ask an open and innocent question: 

How would you feel to see your 20-25 year old offspring dating or married to a 60 year old partner ?

Yes, of course we all want to see 'them' happy... I for one have a preference that my child meets someone of equal interest, desire, energy, dreams, passion etc etc.. most of this surely comes with similar age...??? No ?

I just couldn't imagine being with a 60 year old lady when I was 25 or 30...  But when I'm 60 being with 25 or 30 year old lady seems quite attractive... so much so I might just 'pull the wool over my own eyes' and use any justification possible to make myself feel better about it...  ... ...

.... heck..I'd probably just feel better about it anyway and hope others don't judge...

Which, I guess is what much of this thread is about.... 

.... so back to the question... What Age Gap is acceptable ?... I guess what really is acceptable is if the opposite party is making an informed and truly free choice... then any gap (legal) is acceptable.. 

...and herein begs the real question... What is a 'Truly Free Choice?'.....   because I don't know many 25 year olds who would freely go for a 60 year old unless they truly love them or have alternate reasons (values)... 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How would you feel to see your 20-25 year old offspring dating or married to a 60 year old partner ?

Yes, of course we all want to see 'them' happy... I for one have a preference that my child meets someone of equal interest, desire, energy, dreams, passion etc etc.. most of this surely comes with similar age...??? No ?

I just couldn't imagine being with a 60 year old lady when I was 25 or 30...  But when I'm 60 being with 25 or 30 year old lady seems quite attractive... so much so I might just 'pull the wool over my own eyes' and use any justification possible to make myself feel better about it...  ... ...

.... heck..I'd probably just feel better about it anyway and hope others don't judge...

.... so back to the question... What Age Gap is acceptable ?... I guess what really is acceptable is if the opposite party is making an informed and truly free choice... then any gap (legal) is acceptable.. 

...and herein begs the real question... What is a 'Truly Free Choice?'.....   because I don't know many 25 year olds who would freely go for a 60 year old unless they truly love them or have alternate reasons (values)... 

In response your last question from that soundbite.

Your question could be and is applicable to all ages races genders and plenty of people make decisions based on much more besides luvvy duvvy Ness and perhaps same as women all over the world; some women seek security above other matters and given some may have never had that it could provide a strong foundation for happiness. 

If my child was gay bi a tranny married to 14 wives or a monk. Providing they are happy i'd be happy it is after all their life not the parents so maybe the parent should butt out because after 18 years young they are in complete control of their lives if they wish. Some even sooner.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

...and herein begs the real question... What is a 'Truly Free Choice?'.....   because I don't know many 25 year olds who would freely go for a 60 year old unless they truly love them or have alternate reasons (values)..

Free choice is only available in an environment of unlimited options, everywhere else it is compromised by the limitations inherent in the available choices.

People let's play nicely and within the forum rules shall we?

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

A number of posts have been removed, any more and holidays await.

Just now, sirineou said:

Free choice is only available in an environment of unlimited options, everywhere else it is compromised by the limitations inherent in the available choices.

Correct. In a good environment with unlimited options the 25yos are not choosing 60yos. Even the 35yos are not choosing 65yos.

Correct. In a good environment with unlimited options the 25yos are not choosing 60yos. Even the 35yos are not choosing 65yos.

A 25 year old choosing a 60 year old is not an age gap of 25 years, which is what you said you found "creepy". Try to be more accurate when posting inflammatory comments!

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As a responsible parent if my 25 year old daughter came to me and said she had met and fell in love with a 60 year old i would support her same as i would if she said shed met a 18 year old lad. Who am i to stop another adult which at 25 she well and truly is, from enjoying her life with a man she chooses to be with. 

On 28/4/2560 at 11:21 PM, CG1 Blue said:

A 40 year old guy shouldn't go lower than a 27 year old girl, and so on. But that was supposed to apply to the UK dating scene, which is obviously quite different to LOS.

The UK dating scene--get a girl half your age.......are you trolling ? Are you sure these numbers (37--49) you are quoting aren't the size of their A$se?

25 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Can i ask where you get these facts you are quoting from please