Beer yoga is illegal warn Thai health officials

Beer yoga is illegal warn Thai health officials

pm8a.jpg

Picture: Voice TV

BANGKOK: -- Beer yoga, Bangkok’s favourite new pastime, may actually be illegal government officials have warned.

Launched in the capital last month, Beer Yoga allows fitness enthusiasts to stretch while sipping on their favourite brew.

According to reports the newly launched Bangkok beer yoga class already has more than 100 students and was recently the subject of a feature on the BBC website and many other news outlets around the world.

However, despite the fanfare, kill joys from the Ministry of Health have warned that Beer Yoga is illegal.

Speaking to Voice TV, Dr Suthep Petchmark, Deputy Director General of the Department of Disease Control said that Beer Yoga is illegal as it could be considered as advertising and contravenes existing laws on the advertising of alcoholic beverages.

Dr Suthep also said that Beer Yoga has nothing to with being healthy and added that the organisers of Beer Yoga have already been reported to the police who are in the process of conducting an investigation.

The fitness craze originated in Berlin and made its way to Bangkok via Nevada and Melbourne.

Source: Voice TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-02

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Judging from the photo it might be a form of exercise worth taking up and, in the spirit of pushing the envelope of new fangled fitness ideas, a good venue to start promoting my new 'get fit quick' idea of Beer Twister.

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

Speaking to Voice TV, Dr Suthep Petchmark, Deputy Director General of the Department of Disease Control said that Beer Yoga is illegal as it could be considered as advertising

BS.

The fitness craze originated in Berlin and made its way to Bangkok via Nevada and Melbourne.

Do we really need ministerial commentaries for all sorts of idiotic fads?

zaab zaab    somtam stretches.....rotee-robics

id like to ask that girl in the pic how smart she thinks she is and hiso

seems smart to hold a glass bottle while doing unique body positioning....durrrr

maybe i need to post a bridge i have for sale .....the never ending IMAGE of thais...:wai:

54 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

next thing you know, we'll have wine yoga, steak yoga, facebook yoga, ice cream yoga... the possibilities are endless!

Beer driving is still the most popular!

It's amusing how you can sell anything to people but whatever truly works, or really matters-they run away from. 

By the way just take the label off the bottles and there will be no advertising lol!!! 

Then what will the government say?????

Dr Suthep Petchmark, Deputy Director General of the Department of Disease Control

Ah, Samarn is still in the game, sending his season's greetings through an underling at his clap practice. Gotta admire the old crusader's grit.

2 hours ago, Morakot said:

Do we really need ministerial commentaries for all sorts of idiotic fads?

Well it does highlight their collective juvenile intelligence...  

33 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

It's amusing how you can sell anything to people but whatever truly works, or really matters-they run away from. 

By the way just take the label off the bottles and there will be no advertising lol!!! 

Then what will the government say?????

I was trying to determine which beers were featured in the hands of the nubile ladies. A lot of the labels were unfamiliar, although I barely qualify as a real beer drinker since I enjoy a glass of Leo from time to time.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

However, despite the fanfare, kill joys from the Ministry of Health have warned that Beer Yoga is illegal.

This sums it up pretty nicely.

Since it's now just a threat to the common pebble and they can flex their authority hard and fast on this one, that's probably one of the few things they'd enforce fairly fast. Meanwhile, departed on the 25th....silence.

2 hours ago, Morakot said:

Ahh Poitín... :clap2:

Used to buy the stuff for a fiver a bottle in the old days. Sitting at the fire and throw a wee jigger on it and woooooofff!! Used to start the old World War One plane with it!!

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Used to buy the stuff for a fiver a bottle in the old days. Sitting at the fire and throw a wee jigger on it and woooooofff!! Used to start the old World War One plane with it!!

Those were the days, my man!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Morakot