"Wan Lai" shooter who killed in Pattaya is a soldier

webfact

"Wan Lai" shooter who killed in Pattaya is a soldier

2am.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- It has been revealed that the shooter who killed a man during "Wan Lai" celebrations last month is a soldier at a camp in Chonburi.

Kamon Theukcharoen, 21, had been hiding out at a relative's house in Pluak Daeng district of Rayong. Police finally caught up with him yesterday and apprehended him on a warrant, reported Pattaya News.

He was later taken on a 15 minute reenactment to the scene of the shooting that happened on April 19th outside the Pattaya Yanyon shop on Sukhumvit Road.

He shot dead Thanet Pinyak, 35, and wounded Akkrapon Rungreuang, 36, in the shooting.

Kamon has told police that he was invited to the water splashing outside the shop but an argument developed with men who were drunk. He said he did not know them before.

He said that he warned them to stop but they persisted. After he fired a warning shot in the air he said that the man who died tried to grab his gun.

He shot him dead and also aimed a shot at his friend who was injured.

The shooter fled in a Honda Civic that police managed to track with the help of CCTV in the area. They had been hunting him for nearly two weeks when they got information that he was at the home of a relative.

Pattaya News said that the shooter was a soldier at a camp in Chonburi province.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-03

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

I thought soldiers were trained to kill the enemy, not drinking buddies.

So I hope you now know better. Who are the enemies? The people who are threatening you. And, actually, soldiers are not trained in who to not kill. 

Edited by Acharn

Why was he allowed to carry a weapon when off duty in Pattaya? I could maybe understand if he was in danger in one of the three restive southern provinces, but not Pattaya. 

Recipe for disaster like drunken cops, alcohol and guns don't mix, even if the shooter is not drinking himself..

He   couldn't  resist the temptation of being  a  big  hero, showing  off by  carrying  a handgun around while  off  duty..No  self-discipline   or  obligatory training in common sense.    From hero  to  zero in   a few  noisy seconds.

From what I've  seen  over  the last few  years, I had  the impression that  Thai  soldiers are trained  to  shoot their  civilian neighbours, and   that   they  practice  diligently,    according to statistics..

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Classic Ray said:

Why was he allowed to carry a weapon when off duty in Pattaya? I could maybe understand if he was in danger in one of the three restive southern provinces, but not Pattaya. 

Recipe for disaster like drunken cops, alcohol and guns don't mix, even if the shooter is not drinking himself..

Because without a gun he would just be a cowardly weasel.