Over 1,600 houses in Phrae damaged by storms in two days

rooster59

Over 1,600 houses in Phrae damaged by storms in two days

By The Nation

The Phrae Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office said after a survey that a total of 1,679 houses were damaged when thunderstorms hit the province on Wednesday and Thursday.

The office announced on Saturday that when the storm hit the province on Wednesday night, 447 houses and temples in the province’s four districts were damaged.

When thunderstorms hit the province again from 5.30pm to 8pm on Thursday, another 1,232 houses and temples in four districts were damaged.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314409

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-06

I seen some news footage of a storm in Thailand and the winds were very strong.  I am not surprised to hear of damage to houses as

these tropical storms can be very dangerous.  I hope no one was hurt during this storm.

Geezer

Yes it doesn't take much of a wind to get those corrugated cement roofing panels rattling. And when the weakest one goes look out  it can be a domino or zipper effect. Last year about this time  we had a storm here around Wiang Chai with over 100kmh winds and I lost my roof or 70 % of it and my house was only 9 years old at the time. Have since replaced it with metal cladding with insulated backing. Which reduces the noise of pounding rain and keeps the house remarkably cooler even though the insulation is very thin. The most common roofing tiles  get very brittle in the sun and are constantly being replaced. The much smaller cpac tiles seem to last and are very durable as well. Good luck to all during this stormy season.

Randell