Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Rayong... not made it there yet. Is it anything like Pattaya, or just happens to share a stretch of coastline?

Nah....nothing like the place. We are actually Ban Chang about halfway between the two. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How long have you lived in Pattaya Champers?.. and what's the vibe like at present?

Been retired here for near on 3 and a half years but coming for 9 years prior to that. It is very quiet now and getting quieter every day. When the Russians and Western European snowbirds go home it will be virtually bereft of tourists. Everyone is more aware of what is going on because they can see it every day. I find it quite pleasant at the moment but things globally are a bit scary. News from home is seemingly taking a turn for the worse. Nobody seems to have enough vital kit to cope if a lot of people get sick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nigel Spink....

How good was that Villa team? In comparison to say, Forest at that time? Or another weird winner of the European Cup like Chelsea?

difficult to tell.. villas team was built by Ron Saunders... old school shankly style  manager and they were OUTSTANDING pace flair and grit   he won the lge then fell out or left villa.. it was such a good team then

..Tony pullis  came in and  changed nearly nothing , and won the european cup  then when it became 'his team' it struggled.. bit like what  happened at Leicester under Ranieri  exactly how good they were in comparison..because of their longevity.. has to be said not as good ... but for one season and a cup run.. they were double wow.

oh and Gary shaw was a true loss to English footie.. such a shame.. b4 ihis injury he was abso  TOP DRAW

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nigel Spink....

How good was that Villa team? In comparison to say, Forest at that time? Or another weird winner of the European Cup like Chelsea?

Personally I don't recall that Villa team being a great team, unlike the Forest team. They won the Championship and European Cup but I think 5 years or so later they were relegated.

Forest had several great sides over say a 10 year period. I lived in Nottingham 1978 to 86 so I used to go watch Forest sometimes when City were away (I was a City season ticket holder and would go to all home games and some midlands games)...Forest had some world-class players (Shilton, Robertson, Francis, etc) but going watching John Robertson was worth the ticket price alone. He was so underrated but had it all (except the physique). Clough and Taylor built great teams.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

difficult to tell.. villas team was built by Ron Saunders... old school shankly style  manager and they were OUTSTANDING pace flair and grit   he won the lge then fell out or left villa.. it was such a good team then

..Tony pullis  came in and  changed nearly nothing , and won the european cup  then when it became 'his team' it struggled.. bit like what  happened at Leicester under Ranieri  exactly how good they were in comparison..because of their longevity.. has to be said not as good ... but for one season and a cup run.. they were double wow.

oh and Gary shaw was a true loss to English footie.. such a shame.. b4 ihis injury he

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

oh and Gary shaw was a true loss to English footie.. such a shame.. b4 ihis injury he was abso  TOP DRAW

whoops... Tony Barton.. not pullis..  and bradbury's right a great team lasts longer than one season ... but that one season as I said they were amazing and in Gary shaw they had a footballer who would have gone on and been up there with the all time english greats . such a shame.. I saw him play for Shrewsbury a couple of seasons later and one leg was a complete diferent shape than the other..

19 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nigel Spink....

Weird???.....7 semi finals and if it wasn,t for Jt,s penalty miss you would have 1 less of those big eared trophies and we would have one more........

9 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Weird???.....7 semi finals and if it wasn,t for Jt,s penalty miss you would have 1 less of those big eared trophies and we would have one more........

Pipe down. Didn't you come about 6th in the PL that season?

Winning the league and CL in the same season puts an exclamation mark on it, but if you aren't going to do that at least come in the top 4. That win was a complete anomaly. 

10 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

if it wasn,t for Jt,s penalty miss you would have 1 less of those big eared trophies and we would have one more........

Are you talking about the team that also won three leagues in a row, and was recently voted the second best English team of all time on Sky Sports. 

That 2012 (or whenever it was) Chelsea team wasn't even on the list. 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Difficult question, cannot be Chelsea 

errrmmm Man City ?

haha... wasn't a question. Just fact. Without a doubt it's Chelsea.... well I've just seen you won the league in the 1950s so fair play for that. I thought Jose won the first one.