Two ex-vocational students wanted by police for allegedly intimidating Netiwit

Two ex-vocational students wanted by police for allegedly intimidating Netiwit

1205002.jpg

Two former students of the Eastern Ratchamongkol Technology University (formerly Uthen Thawai college) will be invited to see police at Pathumwan police station on Monday to acknowledge charges of intimidation and causing public nuisance.

The two ex-students rode a motorcycle into the faculty of political science of Chulalongkorn University earlier this week and asked around for Netiwit Chotepat paisarn, president of the university’s student council in an intimidating manner.

They later left the campus without seeing the controversial political activist who recently made wave with his call for a change of the long-held tradition for students to prostrate in front of the statue of King Rama V on October 23 to just bowing.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-ex-vocational-students-wanted-police-allegedly-intimidating-netiwit/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-13

Wow, something the junta does much better than PTP.. at least they do protect those they don't like. During the PTP and the yellow protest Charlem made almost no effort to protect the protesters told them to go home because he could not protect them. Also almost none of the attacks on the yellows led to arrests (guess why)

Though a summons is not enough.. they should have arrested them, it looks like everyone gets a summons.. nobody gets arrested anymore. 

Just now, rkidlad said:

And were these two dumb-dumbs intimidating him because they're advocates for oppression or 'cos they were paid?

Good question.. maybe we know more after the summons.. but if they were paid and protected.. then we would not have heard a thing about this.

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Wow, something the junta does much better than PTP.. at least they do protect those they don't like. During the PTP and the yellow protest Charlem made almost no effort to protect the protesters told them to go home because he could not protect them. Also almost none of the attacks on the yellows led to arrests (guess why)

Though a summons is not enough.. they should have arrested them, it looks like everyone gets a summons.. nobody gets arrested anymore. 

Do you have an effigy of Thaksin you throw darts at when you're not on TV?

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I don't play darts.. do you have a Prayut effigy when you play darts ?

No, because unlike yourself, I take no sides, and make no excuses for either.  In my eyes they are all equally vile,  The only difference between the current so-called government and previous administrations is that the former present themselves as saviours of the nation.  Enough to make one wretch.  Pigs in uniform... despite never seeing a battlefield, and who would know what to do if they did,  You fail to see that they are all the same.

5 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

No, because unlike yourself, I take no sides, and make no excuses for either.  In my eyes they are all equally vile,  The only difference between the current so-called government and previous administrations is that the former present themselves as saviours of the nation.  Enough to make one wretch.  Pigs in uniform... despite never seeing a battlefield, and who would know what to do if they did,  You fail to see that they are all the same.

You take sides, or at least like me have a preference seen your posts. I have made plenty of negative comments about the junta.

Your likes and dislikes seem obvious enough from what you just posted.  

They are not all the same.. some are less bad.. but sure there are no good guys. Said that plenty of times too. I prefer some good guys in charge but right now these guys are a little bit less worse than the previous mob (at least on some points on other points they are worse then the previous mob). All in all i find them less worse but not by a large margin. But your right.. i dislike the previous mob, maybe because i was here during Thaksin his reign. If I had come here when the junta just came to power i might have seen things different. 

As I said.. not a large margin between them, just happy that some of the previous mob get held accountable. Now if this mob is gone and some are held accountable you wont see me protest against it.. I would welcome it.  The only way for people in power to become accountable here is once they lose their power.. sad but true.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

You take sides, or at least like me have a preference seen your posts. I have made plenty of negative comments about the junta.

Your likes and dislikes seem obvious enough from what you just posted.  

They are not all the same.. some are less bad.. but sure there are no good guys. Said that plenty of times too. I prefer some good guys in charge but right now these guys are a little bit less worse than the previous mob (at least on some points on other points they are worse then the previous mob). All in all i find them less worse but not by a large margin. But your right.. i dislike the previous mob, maybe because i was here during Thaksin his reign. If I had come here when the junta just came to power i might have seen things different. 

As I said.. not a large margin between them, just happy that some of the previous mob get held accountable. Now if this mob is gone and some are held accountable you wont see me protest against it.. I would welcome it.  The only way for people in power to become accountable here is once they lose their power.. sad but true.

You are not the only foreigner to be here during the reign of the Shinawats.  I was here reporting in it for a risk advisory company (so coming at it from a different angle) for some time.  As for this quote though: "They are not all the same.. some are less bad".... no, the are all rotten to the core.

11 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

You are not the only foreigner to be here during the reign of the Shinawats.  I was here reporting in it for a risk advisory company (so coming at it from a different angle) for some time.  As for this quote though: "They are not all the same.. some are less bad".... no, the are all rotten to the core.

Less bad is in no way good.. rotten to the core.. sure can go for that too. But i remain with my assessment that for them to be brought to justice only happens when power is changed... so I do love watching the shins get what was coming to them... now if this happens to the junta I will cheer for it too.  I hate all corruption.. no matter who. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Less bad is in no way good.. rotten to the core.. sure can go for that too. But i remain with my assessment that for them to be brought to justice only happens when power is changed... so I do love watching the shins get what was coming to them... now if this happens to the junta I will cheer for it too.  I hate all corruption.. no matter who. 

Ok, agreed. 

It is frivolous to expect the military to be accountable to all the crimes and corruptions and be brought to justice. Like being kick in the groin and nobody do or say anything without being seriously intimidated.  Stop the hypocrisy trying to make comparison. 

Shinawats

They seem to get the blame for everything here I wonder why as history and anyone with half a brain, a good computer with VPN and a bit of research could identity the real cause of the problems here that have been going on since the 40's. It seems to be those who do not have VPN  shout the most.

So much is blocked to Deni you the truth you wallow in lies and properganda. The sad thing is you now believe what you are told which around here in some quarters says alot about the people.

When they start banning the media including websites, Facebook YouTube and others you know what is going on and of late I do not see the Shins being able to do that.

The reason they do it is the truth is being told and they do not like it.

I am struggling to see why expats stay now, having sat down and done a + and - I cannot find any +s anymore for a country I loved so much which is sad.

Perhaps many just like to live in the past and are willing to put up with being treated like idiots and second class citizens.

For those who invested in what they saw and now could not afford to move home, I fully understand and feel for you.