Fruit Trees Hormones and Insecticides.

We were spraying our fruit trees on the weekend and had about 150 litres of the MIXED chemicals left over in a 200 litre tank.

It is basically a fertilizer / vitamin supplement for the trees plus an insecticide to kill off caterpillars and the like.

Now me not being one to waste money decided to cover the 200 litre tank with plastic ready to use for another day. However, the learned Thai in residence, professor Plum, tells me that you cannot keep these chemicals more than 3 days after mixing!

Sounds a bit iffy to me, anyone like to chirp in and end the myth or substantiate the claim?

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Have you tried reading the instructions?

You haven't even said what the chemicals are lol... But the manufacter's directions should be your first port of call.

Well, that was useful...NOT! Why would I "LOL" about chemicals?  LOL!

Manufacturers instructions only tell you how to mix it and coverage, they do not specify storage after mixing. (Which is what I am asking about)

Edited by Formaleins

40 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Well, that was useful...NOT! Why would I "LOL" about chemicals?  LOL!

Manufacturers instructions only tell you how to mix it and coverage, they do not specify storage after mixing. (Which is what I am asking about)

How on earth can anyone answer a question about unspecified chemicals?

Why dont you send manuf an email to ask how their chemicals should be stored and used?

3 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Why dont you send manuf an email to ask how their chemicals should be stored and used?

Have you seriously ever managed to e mail a Thai manufacturer on their website? Did it even work...did you get a reply? Christmas comes once a year, at least I guarantee that, a reply? I doubt it.

Their websites are Windows 95 at best, they use gmail and Hotmail addresses which they never respond to...

Edited by Formaleins

4 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

It is a simple request, do chemicals deteriorate after a few days or not?

6 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

It is a simple request, do chemicals deteriorate after a few days or not?

It might be a simple question but the answer is not simple, I take it you didnt do chemistry at even school level?... So based on the info you gave the answer is yes, no and maybe.

I'm also guessing you've not even attempted to contact manuf....?

Edited by onthesoi

Just now, onthesoi said:

It might be a simple question but the answer is not simple, I take it you didnt do chemistry at even school level?... So based on the info you gave the answer is yes, no and maybe.

Mate, go and have a beer and chill out! Your replies are useless, take a break have a Kit Kat!

You must be picking up on your own stress cos I'm perfectly calm... Just stating facts on a subject you obviously know very little about.

You're not even posting in the correct part of the forum.

Edited by onthesoi

2 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Have you seriously ever managed to e mail a Thai manufacturer on their website? Did it even work...did you get a reply? Christmas comes once a year, at least I guarantee that, a reply? I doubt it.

Their websites are Windows 95 at best, they use gmail and Hotmail addresses which they never respond to...

Can confirm, unless one writes in Thai, even "established" Thai companies do not respond when an e-mail is written in English. For the simple reason, the Thai School System will not enable employees to respond in English.
Exeption: Tourist related enterprises.

Other than that, as long as a stored Agri-Chemical still produces a heavy skin rash after application = it's still "active".:sorry:
Cheers.

Unless there is some interaction between the chemicals you mixed together causing them to break down from their original composition your main problem will be separation and settling of any particulate matter that did not go into solution fully. I will say there is so much snake oil for growing (hormones-vitamins-concoctions) sold here it might not be good even when you bought it.

With certain fertilizers and insecticides they are corrosive to the hardware you used to spray it. So storage more than a week is not a good idea.  Again it depends on the chemical which you have not told us what is was.  200 liters and you only used 50? did I understand that correctly?  If have had a considerable amount of rain in the past few days, re-spray. You just might have under sprayed the area too but not knowing the area size can't advise.   It would be helpful to know how large of area you are covering and what was the recommended mix ratio was per Rai/Acre for each chemical.  Do not just dump the excess.  It can contaminate you well water or some one else's near you. Plus if the locals get wind of it they can cause you more problems. Best you find a way to use it up.  Offer to spray your neighbors or down the street for that matter. Answer you question?