Phuket truck owner donates B20k towards Sophie Anderson’s funeral

rooster59

Phuket truck owner donates B20k towards Sophie Anderson’s funeral 

The Phuket News

1495189376_1-org.jpg

Mr Suwan Maad Adan makes his donation to the family. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: The owner of the 18-wheel truck which crushed Sophie Emma Rose Anderson on May 8 has today (May 19) given her family B20,000 in contribution to funeral arrangements.

Mr Suwan Maad Adan was at Thalang Police station at 2.30pm to hand over the B20,000, which was received on behalf of Ms Anderson’s family by her ex-husband and father of her five-year-old son.

“I wanted to give this money because I feel very sorry for what happened. I feel very sorry for her child, and I feel sorry for her. I wish it had never happened,” Mr Suwan told The Phuket News,” Mr Suwan said.

“My truck insurance representative is working on getting the compensation payment now. But this B20,000 is from me, to Sophie’s family, for her funeral,” he added.

Ms Anderson’s ex-husband, named only as ‘John’, was also at Thalang Police Station in the afternoon, along with a Tourist Police officer, to provide additional background information about Ms Anderson in the ongoing investigation.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-truck-owner-donates-b20k-towards-sophie-anderson-funeral-62219.php#YDeZLfirMWpjyJqu.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-20

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

As i said the truck did not keep enough distance and was also recklessly and driving to fast good thing is atleast he has insurance.

Another one not seen video. Truck was not in same lane. Why should he keep distance from middle lane traffic.

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

As i said the truck did not keep enough distance and was also recklessly and driving to fast good thing is atleast he has insurance.

If you did say that and are now reiterating it, it makes you look quite foolish considering all the FACTS that have been made available on this very forum alone that show that the truck/ truckdriver was 100% blameless.

EDIT

As an aside, i'm not too sure why the truck insurance is going to make payment..strange.

Edited by happyas

3 hours ago, Borzandy said:

You have sure never driven a truck.

I sure have. when turned 21 I passed my PSV (Public Service Vehicle) test and daily drove a large city double decker. Then I got my HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicle) Class 1 and briefly drove a large truck. 

Edited by LivinginKata

3 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Danny Glass says he has not been charged with reckless driving and has contacted the Thai police and the British Embassy and they also are not aware of any charges of reckless driving.

I'm sure he is pleased with his claim of innocence ...     

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

What do you mean? Doing what?

"YouTubers" make quite a lot of money from their video's, the more subscribers they get the more they make, the more 'likes" etc.

Mr Glass will be making money out of this sad event so I hope he is generous enough to see that some of it goes to Ms Anderson's son now that his mother is not there to use her YouTube earnings for him.

I don't want to go off topic but can anyone tell me what visa exactly one has to get in order to earn money from the  internet while living here in Thailand? When I watched the above video I was surprised just how many people are living here off their earnings from YouTube.

54 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

"YouTubers" make quite a lot of money from their video's, the more subscribers they get the more they make, the more 'likes" etc.

Mr Glass will be making money out of this sad event so I hope he is generous enough to see that some of it goes to Ms Anderson's son now that his mother is not there to use her YouTube earnings for him.

I don't want to go off topic but can anyone tell me what visa exactly one has to get in order to earn money from the  internet while living here in Thailand? When I watched the above video I was surprised just how many people are living here off their earnings from YouTube.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCOqfbDaPl-e5puj3MN1krPA

If you follow the link, you will see that Mr Glass has annual earnings of 0 pounds from his Youtube videos. Even if he  was monetizing his videos (he isn't), his feeble 1.9M views in 2 years would have earned him a poxy $2000 assuming $1 per 1000 views.

1 hour ago, modafinil said:

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCOqfbDaPl-e5puj3MN1krPA

If you follow the link, you will see that Mr Glass has annual earnings of 0 pounds from his Youtube videos. Even if he  was monetizing his videos (he isn't), his feeble 1.9M views in 2 years would have earned him a poxy $2000 assuming $1 per 1000 views.

Thanks for the link. I came to that conclusion after watching a video that "sun fruit Dan" posted on his YouTube channel, where he told of his income from YouTube  and selling health foods etc via facebook and online . I have searched his channel again and the video is now gone.

As I said in the other thread, this story gets stranger by the day.

dont quite know what to make of the truck drivers gesture of 20,000

is he feeling guilty or does he feel bad about that he killed Sophie and

her unborn child. After watching the video of that excuse for a person

who is guilty of the death of Sophie it made my stomach cringe, such a low life

ass , he should be charged.

Why are poster writing about the truck driver while the report is about the truck owner?

And you can bet that the driver can not easily fork out 20k.

What video are you writing about?

Is there a CCTV about the accident?

(just too lazy to search through the threads)

I was more than surprised to read in a UK tabloid that Ms. Rose had spoken very critical about her boyfriend in the recent past.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pregnant-brit-blogger-killed-thailand-10431142

dont quite know what to make of the truck drivers gesture of 20,000
is he feeling guilty or does he feel bad about that he killed Sophie and
her unborn child. After watching the video of that excuse for a person
who is guilty of the death of Sophie it made my stomach cringe, such a low life
ass , he should be charged.

Truck owner, not driver.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

As i said the truck did not keep enough distance and was also recklessly and driving to fast

You know this for sure or are you just pontificating? The truck was in a different lane so who was he too close to?  It was the person in control of the scooter who lost control. 

More cultural imperialistic nonsense.

Edited by VocalNeal

43 minutes ago, BangkokNicky said:

Sophie's dad has passed control of Sophie's funeral arrangements from Danny to John .. I Think this speaks volumes about Danny ..  

This quote from Danny - also speaks volumes...

“I am talking with her spirit ...“She’s telling me to look after myself and not to blame myself".

40 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

You know this for sure or are you just pontificating? The truck was in a different lane so who was he too close to?  It was the person in control of the scooter who lost control. 

More cultural imperialistic nonsense.

So why the truck driver gives 20k cash? and why is his insurance offering a payout since the truck driver is not to blame duh!

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yep= person pulls out in front of truck but Somchai is to blame- change the record.

4 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Yep= person pulls out in front of truck but Somchai is to blame- change the record.

Yes since the truckdriver gives 20k and his insurance takes responsibility might give u some clue who was in the fault?Did u ever see how trucks drive in Thailand?

2 hours ago, BangkokNicky said:

Sophie's dad has passed control of Sophie's funeral arrangements from Danny to John .. I Think this speaks volumes about Danny ..  

So, the Danny guy has issues .

This thread is about the kind gesture made by the truck OWNER  [not the driver].

Give him some credit where credit is indeed due.

He didn't have to make this payment, you do realise ?

13 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Danny Glass says he has not been charged with reckless driving and has contacted the Thai police and the British Embassy and they also are not aware of any charges of reckless driving.

Something not right about this bloke. Aside from most of the video being him speaking only about himself, his videos and his circumstances, the thing I found most chilling was this quote @ 01:31, "It would be a sad state of affairs if I was charged, but life goes on..."

To which I say, "Not for Ms. Anderson and your child."

P.S. I am not saying he is guilty or responsible for the death of his girlfriend (and the child she was carrying), but just found it strange that this tragedy has seemed to turn into a "youtube" moment/opportunity for this person.

Can't put my finger on it.

Edited by docshock13
Amendment

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Why are poster writing about the truck driver while the report is about the truck owner?

And you can bet that the driver can not easily fork out 20k.

What video are you writing about?

Is there a CCTV about the accident?

(just too lazy to search through the threads)

I was more than surprised to read in a UK tabloid that Ms. Rose had spoken very critical about her boyfriend in the recent past.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pregnant-brit-blogger-killed-thailand-10431142

The video can be viewed on this link

https://www.farang-deaths.com/case/sophie-emma-rose-anderson/

11 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Something not right about this bloke. Aside from most of the video being him speaking only about himself, his videos and his circumstances, the thing I found most chilling was this quote @ 01:31, "It would be a sad state of affairs if I was charged, but life goes on..."

To which I say, "Not for Ms. Anderson and your child."

P.S. I am not saying he is guilty or responsible for the death of his girlfriend (and the child she was carrying), but just found it strange that this tragedy has seemed to turn into a "youtube" moment/opportunity for this person.

Can't put my finger on it.

I agree completely .... I looked at that video yesterday and thought how it was all about him.  I was about to make a post at that time but refrained in case I sounded  crass.