Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, binjalin said:

so what?  they are HYPOCRITES so don't join them. Also being a pedantic grammar Nazi doesn't help.

The DNC paid for the dirt and hid that fact trying to fool us all that it was independent.

Trump 1 DNC 0

Hypocrites for doing opposition research?  Did the DNC ever state that they don't do opposition research?

The DNC, a Republican candidate, and the FBI all paid for the dirt.  It must be really interesting dirt.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, heybruce said:

Hypocrites for doing opposition research?  Did the DNC ever state that they don't do opposition research?

The DNC, a Republican candidate, and the FBI all paid for the dirt.  It must be really interesting dirt.

Funny and they never thought to mention it  :cheesy:  problem is there is no dirt  and if you disagree WHERE IS IT?  if there is NONE then it was a smear campaign.

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Firing Comey about "that Russia thing" qualifies as obstruction of justice.  Had Trump fired Comey for being too tall, as you suggested, he might be fine (assuming anyone believed him, which is unlikely.  However since Trump admitted that Comey was fired for the Russian thing (investigation) it qualifies as obstruction of justice.

All that is necessary to get Trump to lie under oath is to get him to testify under oath, he is incapable of telling the truth and will perjure himself repeatedly.

Look up the official reason given for firing Comey. 

1 minute ago, binjalin said:

Funny and they never thought to mention it  :cheesy:  problem is there is no dirt  and if you disagree WHERE IS IT?  if there is NONE then it was a smear campaign.

Do you think opposition research is advertised?  Why did Don Trump Jr wait until well after the election, and after incontrovertible evidence was revealed, to admit to his meeting with the Russian promising dirt on HRC.

You think there is no dirt on Trump?  The pussy grabber, dean of Fake U., the man convicted of perjury and who has settled out of court on housing discrimination?  That's just the things that come immediately to mind.  Regarding the dossier, only a small part has been leaked, the rest is being kept by Mueller as part of his investigation.  It remains to be seen what is in it.

14 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you think opposition research is advertised?  Why did Don Trump Jr wait until well after the election, and after incontrovertible evidence was revealed, to admit to his meeting with the Russian promising dirt on HRC.

You think there is no dirt on Trump?  The pussy grabber, dean of Fake U., the man convicted of perjury and who has settled out of court on housing discrimination?  That's just the things that come immediately to mind.  Regarding the dossier, only a small part has been leaked, the rest is being kept by Mueller as part of his investigation.  It remains to be seen what is in it.

Ok, fair enough, but all that Uranium spilling into Russia I think you better keep your DNC head down! This thread, by the way, is not about Trump (for once) or DT Jnr.  DNC caught with it's knickers down I'd say!

HC agreed for Putin to get 20% Uranium?  are you serious?  then she moans for 12 months about Trump's Russia collusion?  you don't think she's a hypocrite?  cummon dude and this is coming from me who thinks Trump's a megalomaniac but it does not change the hypocrisy - more to come, stay tuned.

Toss her.

Piers Morgan I mean.  I don't understand why anyone would listen to a word he says.  We certainly don't in the UK where he is despised.

The one thing we don't have in the UK or europe is domestic mass shootings.

I hope that the nation of the US is able to put up with its forthcoming drop in importance on the world stage. Step one would be to get rid of the idiot in the WH.

Edited by Slip

I doubt very much the FBI was paying for opposition research.

10 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I doubt very much the FBI was paying for opposition research.

It wasn't opposition research, but the FBI did pay to continue the research for a while.

" After the election, the FBI agreed to pay Steele to continue gathering intelligence about Trump and Russia, but the bureau pulled out of the arrangement after Steele was publicly identified in news reports. "  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.f3d9ecbe53f7

20 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Ok, fair enough, but all that Uranium spilling into Russia I think you better keep your DNC head down! This thread, by the way, is not about Trump (for once) or DT Jnr.  DNC caught with it's knickers down I'd say!

HC agreed for Putin to get 20% Uranium?  are you serious?  then she moans for 12 months about Trump's Russia collusion?  you don't think she's a hypocrite?  cummon dude and this is coming from me who thinks Trump's a megalomaniac but it does not change the hypocrisy - more to come, stay tuned.

This issue has been gone over repeatedly.  The State Department was one of many government agencies that had to sign off on the deal, the recommendation was made by career civil servants, and it would have been almost unprecedented (totally unprecedented?) for HRC to over-rule their recommendation. 

This strikes me as a smokescreen put up by nervous Republicans.  However let them investigate as much as they want.  If they find anything illegal took place let charges be brought.  It has nothing to do with this topic.

50 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

The snowflakes keep hoping.

Looks like more dirt on the Clinton's came up today but hey with Trump behind the wheel the Highest Stock Market EVER, best economic numbers in years, unemployment lowest in 17 years, wages raising, 

That is good news.  Trump hasn't derailed the Obama recovery yet.

1 hour ago, Slip said:

Toss her.

Piers Morgan I mean.  I don't understand why anyone would listen to a word he says.  We certainly don't in the UK where he is despised.

GB has a tradition of sending pesky people off to the Western Hemisphere, like the Puritans and Simon Cowell.  But with this guy I see it as revenge for the Revolution and the War of 1812.  You guys are mean.  Someone told me he once won on Celebrity Apprentice -- that says a lot. 

(I haven't verified this and don't have the stomach to)

3 hours ago, amvet said:

Kind of like impeaching Trump.  Can't win in an election fair and square so the only resource is to try a legal coup and figure out a way to impeach with no valid legal basis.  Instead of impeachment you should be trying to figure out how to get a strong enough candidate to defeat the man you dislike so much in the next election.  If you don't have the smarts to debate me your only recourse is to convince others not to debate the facts and rely on personal attacks.  There are two sides to this debate impeach Trump and don't impeach Trump.  I guess personal attacks are allowed on the don't impeach trump side.  

Note to one self, dont feed the troll!

2 hours ago, USPatriot said:

The snowflakes keep hoping.

Looks like more dirt on the Clinton's came up today but hey with Trump behind the wheel the Highest Stock Market EVER,

How did that optimism and euphoria work out in 2008?

Btw, do you realize that the richest 10% of Americans account for about 80% of American stocks and that 35% of all US equities are foreign owned?  How does that help the middle class?

Edited by EvenSteven

3 hours ago, EvenSteven said:

Btw, do you realize that the richest 10% of Americans account for about 80% of American stocks and that 35% of all US equities are foreign owned?  How does that help the middle class?

You forgot the top 20% pay 95% of all income taxes  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/omb-top-20-pay-95-of-taxes-middle-class-single-digits/article/2638746

11 hours ago, amvet said:

You are showing your ignorance of American legal language.  The constitutional reality is that, if a government official is clearly placed within the Executive Branch, that official serves at the pleasure of the President, and can be fired “at will.” That is very much in line with what the Supreme Court has ruled over the years, to preserve the power of the President to be fully in charge of the Executive Branch.  (at your pleasure is legal language (jargon) in America)

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/how-independent-is-the-fbis-director

I wasn't being funny I was being accurate in legal parlance. 

You think America is odd because of Prohibition and McCarthyism.  We think you are tragically flawed because of Hitler, the Holocaust, Stalin, Penal colonies and not showering and changing your socks.

You see there is quite a cultural divide as you thought I was being crude saying, "at your pleasure" when I was using the correct terminology for the Director of FBI's job.  

While I'm on it.  You misinterpret almost all of my posts because you think I'm pro Trump.  I'm not.  I feel insulted because people from the Europe are critical of America without knowing enough to make a valid judgement about what they are criticizing.  Oh you think you do, but like your misinterpretation of "at his pleasure" you misinterpret our entire political landscape.  The same as Japan did by attacking Pearl Harbor.  A gross misinterpretation of American strength and will and Japan was crushed as a result.  It's about to happen to another Asian nation who has no knowledge of history.  

Actually, I'm Australian.

Under the Westminster tradition, any Minister who is found to lie in Parliament has to resign.

We also have unfair dismissal laws. Perhaps America has them too. Just not for its most senior government officials.

"It's about to happen to another Asian nation who has no knowledge of history". I certainly hope not. Because on balance of probabilities, that could trigger World War III. If attacked, I'd expect the USA to respond. But it hasn't been attacked yet, has it?

If you know your history, you should admit America was damn lucky at Pearl Harbor and the Battle of Midway. Had you lost your aircraft carriers, the Japanese would have made the Pacific their pond. I'd probably be speaking Japanese.

Trump has the whole world nervous because he is impulsive, vindictive and makes policy by Twitter. As Obama said, he is uniquely unqualified to be President.

2 hours ago, amvet said:

That doesn't change the fact that overall wealth is still way of balance, and there's plenty of reading available showing that in the USA the poor are increasing in numbers. More and more folks living on food stamps etc.

I read a small article last week saying that more and more Americans are too poor / lacking in basic resources to qualify for student loans (SL

not the greatest idea anyway).

Ultimately a recipe for disaster.

Edited by scorecard

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

This issue has been gone over repeatedly.  The State Department was one of many government agencies that had to sign off on the deal, the recommendation was made by career civil servants, and it would have been almost unprecedented (totally unprecedented?) for HRC to over-rule their recommendation. 

This strikes me as a smokescreen put up by nervous Republicans.  However let them investigate as much as they want.  If they find anything illegal took place let charges be brought.  It has nothing to do with this topic.

It effects whether Trump is impeached or not. Never mind let's wait and see.

1 hour ago, binjalin said:

It effects whether Trump is impeached or not. Never mind let's wait and see.

A business purchase many years ago that went through many levels of government review at many government agencies will affect whether Trump is impeached?  Can you explain how, or did you just want to get in the last word?

13 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

In the latest news, Mueller has had sealed charges approved by a grand jury, presumably relating to Russian interference in the Presidential election. Will be interesting to see if Trump gets a mention.

It will be Monday!  Hopefully, we'll see somebody in handcuffs.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

In the latest news, Mueller has had sealed charges approved by a grand jury, presumably relating to Russian interference in the Presidential election. Will be interesting to see if Trump gets a mention.

It will be Monday!  Hopefully, we'll see somebody in handcuffs.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

If Trump is backed into a corner now, do not be surprised if we see something stupid kick off with North Korea. This is NOT a man that will sit there and resign and because his entire world is about self, it would not surprise me in the least that if Trump thinks he is going down he will take everyone else down with him  - now - about those nuclear codes!

They should have made the arrests immediately. The orange buffoon now has the entire weekend for people like Miller, Bannon and Gorka to whisper in his ear  'Korea, Korea, War, War'.

Edited by Andaman Al

9 hours ago, EvenSteven said:

I think it's closer to the richest 1%.  or the richest 0.1% ....control 80% of US stocks.

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Well, as of just now, indictments have been issued, most likely Manafort. Looking forward to Trump's, in a few weeks time. Source is CNN.

Don't you know, whenever CNN or MSNBC or any other mSmedia publishes a story which doesn't praise the Great Leader, Trump immediately shouts, "fake news!!!"

16 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

The war in the Pacific had nothing to do with the delay of the Normandy Invasion.  The US and UK essentially sat out the war in Europe for almost five years while allowing the Soviet Union to resist the German army alone.  The campaign in North Africa was important for the Brits to protect Suez, but no more than a distraction for the Americans.  The  Italian campaign in summer 1943 did support the Soviets who were resisting at the time in Kursk by drawing German forces from the Soviet Union to support the Italians.  Nevertheless, Italy was not the "soft underbelly of Europe" since there was never going to be an invasion over the Alps.  Italy was also an unimportant distraction.  All this time Stalin was pleading with the US and UK to open a second front in Europe.  By the time they did in June, 1944, the Red Army was well on the way to defeating the Wehrmacht on its own.  The US and UK probably only committed to the Normandy Invasion to prevent the Red Army from going to the Atlantic.

Up until June, 1944 the Red Army faced 200 German divisions on its own, while the US and UK never faced more than ten German divisions.  The US let the Soviets do the heavy fighting and then swooped in at the end to grab as much of Western Europe as it could.

Historians can debate the what ifs endlessly. IMHO victory at Midway enabled the USA to pour support into Britain and Russia by way of equipment and materials much more quickly than if they had been defeated. The Russians certainly benefited from shipments via the Arctic convoys, not that they were given to acknowledgment of those contributions.

Time is of the essence in war. What would have happened if Hitler had permitted von Paulus to withdraw from Stalingrad? Or if the Germans had continued their attacks on British airfields, instead of switching to the cities? Another year, and the Germans could well have had jet aircraft fully deployed, and nuclear weapons deliverable by V2's. The entire development of missiles in the USA was founded on the Germans they took out of Peenemunde.

I forget who said it, but the saying goes " God is on the side of the big battalions". I think God is also on the side of good decisions. Permit me to doubt Trump is capable of those, although he does claim God is on his side.

34 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

The US let the Soviets do the heavy fighting and then swooped in at the end to grab as much of Western Europe as it could.

The history of WW2 is getting very off track but I'm going to attempt to get back on topic.

The Soviets made a deal with the devil to divide Europe and Scandinavia with Hitler - and was betrayed. It deserved the burden of heavy fighting.

Now it may be that Trump also made a deal with the devil to win the election. If Mueller succeeds to indict too many of close associates of Trump because of Russian collusion, Putin may decide maximum damage to US international credibility can be achieved by throwing Trump "under the bus" with disclosure of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - declare Trump a Hero of Russia. Win-win.