German police suspend open-air rock concert due to terrorism alert

rooster59

German police suspend open-air rock concert due to terrorism alert

640x640.jpg

A still image taken from video shows people leaving the open-air weekend "Rock am Ring" concert near the Nuerburgring race track in Nurburg, Germany June 2, 2017. INSTAGRAM / @ZUZIA93 / via Reuters

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police temporarily stopped an open-air weekend concert at Nuerburgring race track on Friday due to a possible terrorist threat.

"Due to a terror danger situation, we told the organiser to temporarily stop the concert as a precaution," police in the nearby town of Koblenz said in a statement.

Der Spiegel magazine said that all those attending were asked to leave the concert and head to nearby camping grounds "in a controlled and orderly fashion."

"The organiser of Rock am Ring, working closely with the security authorities, have ended ahead of schedule the festival today," the police said. "The background to this was a concrete warning that made it impossible to rule out a terror threat."

"We cannot provide any further details on the background information," the statement added.

The suicide bombing at a pop concert in Manchester, England on May 26 led to changes in the security planning for the German concert and the number of security officials was increased substantially to 1,200, the police said.

"We take all tips and suspicious incidents extremely seriously and investigate closely," they added.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-03

After you let in thousands of muslim immigrants, when is there not going to be a possible terrorism threat? And on top of the loss to Germany's citizens security and lifestyle, we have the expense of supplying 1200 police for this, and every other, event.

Nothing to cry about here. You all wanted those Muslims in your country, this just comes with the territory. Get used to it, you can expect it getting much worse with  Clinton Merkel at the helm. Tin hats won't help you now.

4 minutes ago, jackh said:

Nothing to cry about here. You all wanted those Muslims in your country, this just comes with the territory. Get used to it, you can expect it getting much worse with  Clinton Merkel at the helm. Tin hats won't help you now.

that's exactly what I thought when I seen it in the news this morn.

Germany ,   you made your bed ..

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/rock-am-ring-german-music-festival-evacuated-over-terror-threat-20170602-gwjltb.html

I see one of the rock bands is "Die Toten Hosen" which translates as The Dead Pants. Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour ( obviously a piss take of Die Totenkopf - Death's Head - skull and crossbones - SS division)

Edited by Grouse

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/rock-am-ring-german-music-festival-evacuated-over-terror-threat-20170602-gwjltb.html

I see one of the rock bands is "Die Toten Hosen" which translates as The Dead Pants. Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour ( obviously a piss taken of Die Totenkopf - Deaths head SS division)

Hilarious. But I prefer the one about concentration camp survivor that won the lottery.

One of the reasons I never want to see Europe again.

I read yesterday in a foreign forum that one of these EU countries, I wont say which, is contemplating to change one of her Christian holidays to change to an Islam holiday.

I feel like helpless and betrayed.:wub: