Junta’s three years in power to be covered in TV series

rooster59

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Most don't give a hoot about the constitution, they care about peace and stability and security, they care about where tonights meal will come from, they care about how they can pay for seed to plant for the next crop,  they care about here and now ....  they care about today  ...as I do ...  

history is just that .....  it's history.   

Again I ask the question :       so you prefer to live with the anarchy that plagued Thailand over the previous years ??     what is so wrong with still being able to do as most can do daily  ??

Srikcir ...............So I'll ask again ..... 

Again I ask the question :       so you prefer to live with the anarchy that plagued Thailand over the previous years ??     what is so wrong with still being able to do as most can do daily  ??

Edited by steven100

Srikcir ...............So I'll ask again .....  Again I ask the question :       so you prefer to live with the anarchy that plagued Thailand over the previous years ??     what is so wrong with still being able to do as most can do daily  ??

The principal instigators of the "anarchy" were those pressing for a military coup and junta government. They got their way., and so have stopped the"anarchy" (which is a gross exaggeration).

It is rather like rejoicing that burglars have stopped breaking into your house, now that there is nothing left to steal!

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

"Let me put it this way ....

before there was lawlessness,  road blocks,  protests, airport closures, shootings, bombings, killings, fighting amongst parties, and general anarchy.

Now that the Junta have stepped in this has all stopped so there is no more lawlessness ... it's controlled and Thailand cannot work a democracy unless someone with a high authority is in power.  It may not seem right by you but it's better than the previous.  Also, you can still do as you generally want to day to day ... shop, drink, travel etc ... so what is wrong with that ?   or do you prefer the anarchy before   ??

My defense rests your honor .....

I prefer the "anarchy"... and with regards to the other drivel you posted claiming that no one gives a hoot about the constitution.... it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant foreigners in Thailand have the breath-taking arrogance to speak on behalf of 60 million people. 

Edited by stephen tracy

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

Srikcir ...............So I'll ask again ..... 

Anarchy? What anarchy?? I have lived here for a long time and have never experienced the anarchy you keep referring to. You must have a pathological need for order and stability if you think it's OK for a small elite to rule a country in perpetuity just because someone sometimes interferes with your daily routines.

Three years on and I must congratulate Khun Prayth Chan O Cha for the excellent efforts he has put in in bringing Thailand into a more stable and secure environment.

His work has ensured stability without the lawlessness as was the case previously.

May his reign be long and healthy .....   :wai:

Thailand-Prayut-Chan-o-cha-ASEAN.jpg