Phuket Airport chief transferred, visits ceiling collapse victim

webfact

Phuket Airport chief transferred, visits ceiling collapse victim

The Phuket News

1496635242_1-org.jpg

Monrudee Gettuphan (left), former Director of Phuket International Airport, visited Buncha Sangguanam, 58, at Bangkok Hospital Phuket yesterday (June 4) after he suffered head injuries in a ceiling collapse at the airport’s Domestic Terminal on Saturday. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:  -- In her last act as Director of Phuket International Airport, Monrudee Gettuphan yesterday (June 4) visited the passenger in hospital who suffered head injuries in a ceiling collapse at the airport’s Domestic Terminal on Saturday (June 3).

Buncha Sangguanam, 58, was sitting in the airport’s Domestic Departure Terminal waiting for his 3:25pm Nok Air flight to Bangkok when ceiling tiles and metal frames came crashing down on him.

Mr Buncha was initially taken to Thalang Hospital, but later transferred to Bangkok Hospital Phuket, where Ms Monrudee and other senior members of Phuket Airport management yesterday assured him that Airports of Thailand (AoT) will pay for his medical expenses.

AoT, which operates Thailand’s six main international airports, had already arranged for a full refund on his flight ticket.

Full story:  http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-chief-transferred-visits-ceiling-collapse-victim-62449.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-06-05

"AoT, which operates Thailand’s six main international airports, had already arranged for a full refund on his flight ticket."

no mention of other compensation,I hope at least they are paying for his hospital treatment.

regards worgeordie

53 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"AoT, which operates Thailand’s six main international airports, had already arranged for a full refund on his flight ticket."

no mention of other compensation,I hope at least they are paying for his hospital treatment.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Phuket Airport management yesterday assured him that Airports of Thailand (AoT) will pay for his medical expenses.

16 minutes ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

Bingo.  A fruit basket just as I predicted Briggsy.

I don't see any fruit. Just a lot of small jars and small boxes. I did think about your post when I first saw this photo opportunity ...

Wonder why it was the Airport Directors last day ...

2 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

I wonder if he was outbound or inbound.  If outbound I wonder if they will also pay for his lost flight and any other damages that arise out of him not making his trip?

Read the article... already arranged a fare refund!!

5 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

Bingo.  A fruit basket just as I predicted Briggsy.

Indeed, and the manic grins as I predicted.

To be 100% accurate, it looks like one of the Brand's massively overpriced chicken soup "give you special powers" hampers but you were close to allow a claim of "I nailed it".  :smile:

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Indeed, and the manic grins as I predicted.

To be 100% accurate, it looks like one of the Brand's massively overpriced chicken soup "give you special powers" hampers but you were close to allow a claim of "I nailed it".  :smile:

It's not the chicken soup, its Bran Nok.  The swallow's vomit that "give you extra special powers".

Because of the media exposure for this incident a top shelf fruit basket was called for.

10 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

I wonder if he was outbound or inbound.  If outbound I wonder if they will also pay for his lost flight and any other damages that arise out of him not making his trip?

Read the original report and stop posting nonsense . 

3 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

It's not the chicken soup, its Bran Nok.  The swallow's vomit that "give you extra special powers".

Because of the media exposure for this incident a top shelf fruit basket was called for.

Rang Nog. BTW i love it.

3 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

In my local Big C, that larks vomit stuff is under lock and key whereas any tom dick and harry can fondle the fruit and veg. Even the top shelf variety.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, NamKangMan said:

With airport safety and security being so important, I would be interested in which airport is considered an "inactive post."  :whistling:

Typical inane comment.
Why would you think an airport manager's job at one of AOT's airports is the only job available?
In typical Thai fashion it seems she is being transferred to Corporate with an inflated job title and possibly few duties. It seems no one actually gets sacked in Thailand.

"Ms Monrudee declined to comment about her transfer to the position of Senior Executive Vice President of Airport and Aviation Standards, effective today"