Charter boats back on Pattaya beach

champers

12 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

I live down on Soi 4 in North Pattaya, about 150 metres from Beach Road, and every morning am woken by screaming of outboard motors being gunned full throttle. Where did the peaceful little fishing village go ? Very sad.

Why do you stay?

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Is this what the OP is talking about?

There goes the nice quiet morning walk along the beach:

maybe a tugboat business would do well...

except once you start it, another 10 will pop up.

It's a pity really the present administration have made a lot of effort to return Thai Beaches to the people but are unable to sustain their  good intentions .I expect if we ever have another election  the local High so's  will retake the public locations for their private business interests as usual

There are too many Chinese for Bali High alone: At about 8:30 from the speed boat boarding dock  on the pier , all the way down to the entrance and along the breakwater there was a solid 10 - 12 Chinese wide line waiting /moving very slowly for one or two speedboats taking on passengers      

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

Where are all those tourists going?

Koh Larn. Others getting in smaller boats may be going to the dozen or so parasailing barges anchored in the bay.

Edited by NanLaew

4 hours ago, rickb said:

The video by JF says it all.  I never had any idea it was this bad every day.  Thanks for sharing.

Certainly enforces my view on why I never want to go there again , Two days was enough the first and only time.

Sure didn't mind wasting the remaining 3 days I had already paid the hotel for.

19 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Certainly enforces my view on why I never want to go there again , Two days was enough the first and only time.

Sure didn't mind wasting the remaining 3 days I had already paid the hotel for.

Bye ???

In all fairness, that's to be expected in the middle of town.  Sure, it's way over the top.  But those are (sadly) the sounds of money being made.

I head past Pattaya around 15 minutes and lodge in South Jomtien where there may be one or two boats on the beach within 500 meters and they each move a couple of times in a day.  More likely to get smacked by a kite or wind surfer, but they don't come out until the wind does- in the afternoon.  And they make less noise.

Edited by impulse

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To Larn. The Chinese go in hordes for the seafood restaurants.

I though they preferred the all you can eat buffets.:cheesy:

Edited by possum1931

2 hours ago, impulse said:

In all fairness, that's to be expected in the middle of town.  Sure, it's way over the top.  But those are (sadly) the sounds of money being made.

I head past Pattaya around 15 minutes and lodge in South Jomtien where there may be one or two boats on the beach within 500 meters and they each move a couple of times in a day.  More likely to get smacked by a kite or wind surfer, but they don't come out until the wind does- in the afternoon.  And they make less noise.

The point of this thread is that for the last 3 months, all of the bus and boat traffic was pushed to Bali Hai, and it made Beach Road almost livable again. Unfortunately, they have seen fit to reverse this, and Beach Road is once again a mess of buses, traffic jams, and literally hundreds of boats taking loading and unloading on every meter of beach outside of the swimming areas. 

10 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

The point of this thread is that for the last 3 months, all of the bus and boat traffic was pushed to Bali Hai, and it made Beach Road almost livable again. Unfortunately, they have seen fit to reverse this, and Beach Road is once again a mess of buses, traffic jams, and literally hundreds of boats taking loading and unloading on every meter of beach outside of the swimming areas. 

And that sucks.  It does, and I'm not minimizing that.

But for all the guys who think Pattaya is ruined (as if they thought otherwise while the boats were at Bali Hai), all you have to do is move 5-10 miles down the road to enjoy the beach.

Edit:  And according to at least one post here on this thread, the queues at Bali Hai pier were horrible, probably bad enough to cut into a lot of revenue streams.

Edited by impulse

This is all included in the package they paid 10000 baht for in China.  

4000 for the flight, 4000 for hotel and food for 1 week , and the rest goes to charter boats , buses etc. 

I am not joking . 

Edited by balo