Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

52 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Please leave your own country's laws there.

You actually want foreigners to get different treatment by Thai authorities? Killing someone on the road is not, and quite rightly, not a jailable offence.

No. I won't. 

Anyone who kills someone because of their actions should be gaoled. 

And quite rightly so. 

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No. I won't. 

And quite rightly so. 

Oh, I see, your culture is superior and you want Thailand to adopt it. Rather shitty attitude IMHO.

If I drive  home today and a hit a motorcyclist, killing them, I should automatically go to jail, even if it was their fault?

13 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Hence the non=immigrant typed on the visa but as I said, to all intents and purposes, they're migrants/immigrants.

Dont try to twist it your way.Try telling a judge"for all intents and purposes",he would laugh at you and you would be on the 1st plane out.It is what it is,not what ypu think it might or should be.

5 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Oh, I see, your culture is superior and you want Thailand to adopt it. Rather shitty attitude IMHO.

If I drive  home today and a hit a motorcyclist, killing them, I should automatically go to jail, even if it was their fault?

Better read the post, from me, you chose to originally quote again.

I said reckless driving.

That makes it the drivers fault.

That makes it an offence worthy of gaol time.

Nothing to do with culture, just right and wrong.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Better read the post, from me, you chose to originally quote again.

I said reckless driving.

That makes it the drivers fault.

That makes it an offence worthy of gaol time.

Nothing to do with culture, just right and wrong.

I quoted post 273, no other. Mistakes happen and thank God, you're not a judge.

10 hours ago, starky said:

Mate I reckon you are spot on here. I think there would plenty here, especially Aussies, that drink everyday and then jump in their car or on their bike. Some of those would also happily flout the speeding laws whilst intoxicated. Out of that lot there would be some that have heard the rumour and thus believe you never stay at the site of an accident in Thailand and so would then do a runner. Bloody Disgraceful and then as you say will try to find some mitigating circumstance such as they should have been wearing helmets. Some on here have even tried to say that because he may have a mental illness to consider that. Well if he does why the <deleted> is driving around in his car pissed? Today I am almost ashamed to be Australian because of this colossal fyckwit.  RIP to those that have passed.

Why do you pick on Ozzys as drinking everyday?

9 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I quoted post 273, no other. Mistakes happen and thank God, you're not a judge.

Wrong.

That is not the original occasion you quoted me.

Read post 251...

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:

If you have a minor fender bender it would be foolish  to flee the scene, assuming you have insurance.     

Thats the mistake he made.Pills and maybe grog dont mix.But when your old  and confused mistakes happen.Even with no insurance could hang round and pay off.Pills are sometimes bad news and can effect your judgement.

3 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Thats the mistake he made.Pills and maybe grog dont mix.But when your old  and confused mistakes happen.Even with no insurance could hang round and pay off.Pills are sometimes bad news and can effect your judgement.

I don't believe there are any conclusive reports yet that he was under the influence of anything. So why don't we wait and see.

Edited by giddyup

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I don't believe there are any conclusive reports yet that he was under the influence of anything. So why don't we wait and see.

I concur, there seems to be very little verifiable information about this tragedy. Many people discussing the police shooting out his tyres, but I can't find any information to confirm this, or if he was under the influence of alcohol or any medication. Very sad story, my thoughts are with the family ??

46 minutes ago, Keesters said:

He was following the "When in Rome" rule.

3 on a motorbike, 2 survived. How many helmets? I'd guess zero.

RIP to the lady but lets remember with a less passengers on the bike she might have been able to avoid being hit.

I read that all 3 have now died. RIP

How many helmets? At least 1. Photo taken from Thai news report

Studio_20170622_101158.thumb.png.5bf37d14d7810ed78e5e0123e7c97166.png

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I concur, there seems to be very little verifiable information about this tragedy. Many people discussing the police shooting out his tyres, but I can't find any information to confirm this, or if he was under the influence of alcohol or any medication. Very sad story, my thoughts are with the family ??

Police shooting out his tires, Post 215

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Police shooting out his tires, Post 215

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. The implication from that would be that he had refused to stop. I am assuming that the police would have gestured him to stop before resorting to such a radical measure ...... but assumption can be an unreliable ally ??

19 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

If he was under the influence of alcohol or any medication

https://video.fbkk5-7.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t43.1792-2/19393736_290739361386887_1296346615992287232_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjM0MjEsInJsYSI6MjQyOCwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&oh=007782634727c16cd6ff392ff4bd268d&oe=594B6038

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Wrong.

That is not the original occasion you quoted me.

Read post 251...

You're wrong, I quoted your post 273, why is that so hard to understand?

No. I won't. 

And quite rightly so.

Did you say this or not?

9 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You're wrong, I quoted your post 273, why is that so hard to understand?

Did you say this or not?

No. You are still incorrect.

I referred to the original post you quoted me in.

That was post 251.

It's on page 17 of the thread.

That is what led to this little exchange.

Read it and get back to me.

Edited by Bluespunk

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. You are still incorrect.

I referred to the original post you quoted me in.

That was post 251.

It's on page 17 of the thread.

That is what led to this little exchange.

Read it and get back to me.

I've told you what I replied to, did you say what I quoted or not? That's a question btw. 

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I've told you what I replied to, did you say what I quoted or not? That's a question btw. 

That post is directly relevant.

It is where I stated reckless driving caused the accident.

It is also where you started this exchange.

Read it.

Just now, Bluespunk said:

That post is directly relevant.

It is where I stated reckless driving caused the accident.

It is also where you started this exchange.

Read it.

Ok, ignore post 273 and have a nice day. I don't care what you wrote in other posts. I replied to this one. You obviously have nothing better to do that have silly arguments, trying to prove your mistakes are not, online, I have so goodbye.

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

If the police shot his tyres just before this incident then maybe it's possible that he lost control due to his tyres rapid deflation ?

Wouldn't that be something that causes an accident which would otherwise not have happened ?

No way. That's just more gossip when the evidence in post 215 disappears. Or maybe the shot was after the accident to make sure

Edited by silent

2 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Why do you pick on Ozzys as drinking everyday?

Not picking on anyone mate. I am an Aussie which puts me in a fairly good position to be able to speak about my countrymen. I believe it would be fair to say the majority of Aussies dont mind a beer or three. Not saying they all drink everyday or even have a problem but Aussies certainly have a huge drinking culture IMO

Edited by starky

19 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Any particular book? Bible, Koran, encyclopedia?

Not a good idea, friends may find it and let him out. 

Sorry, but these  dumb statements were done well by George Carlin

And ur dumb answers were done well by a 10yr old.

According to Thai news sources, after eating at Central, the Australian's  pick-up hit a car and taxi at the car park plus  a roadside barrier so a security guard  alerted the police. Down the road the pick-up then hit the motorbike, dragging it under the front of the pick-up. The police then shot the tyre of the pick-up to stop it.

The Australian said he had taken medicine  for his nerves ( bi polar?) which made him drowsy but the police didn't believe him and sent him for alcohol and drug tests.

Incidentally, on the youtube clip a Thai guy says this Australian has done this many times before and should not be forgiven. Presumably he means drive under the influence.

Edited by bannork
add more information

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

'Police shot his tires out'

Screenshot_2017-06-21-23-42-12.thumb.png.18f1ec0a4ccbf52c99d671f9347f5ca2.pngScreenshot_2017-06-21-23-42-31.thumb.png.747c72284e869e609ace4b1b36adc436.pngScreenshot_2017-06-21-23-42-41.thumb.png.c596974c5c2f7d4157488b21bfd75c4a.png

13 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

If this is true then a huge portion of the responsibility for the death must be levelled directly with the police, why would they start shooting tires out on a vehicle for a minor traffic violation when it is obvious to any buffoon that doing so would endanger the public, and gain little.

Of course there are other factors to look at, such as was she wearing a crash helmet as required by law? was she breaking the law carrying more than one passenger and thus not in full control of the bike? were the passengers wearing crash helmets? was she in her correct lane? Had she been drinking during the day? Did she hold a current licence, insurance and tax for the vehicle being driven? All the same questions need to be asked about the driver of the car, except of course the ones about crash helmets and passengers.

More information needed.

Although there's evidence that a police bullet hit the front passenger tire, unless the pickup was fitted with run-flats, there's no evidence that there was any sudden, control impairing tire deflation.

udon_20.jpg.7353f1ece40515d5e7f69d19dc3177ee.jpg

7 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

If this is true then a huge portion of the responsibility for the death must be levelled directly with the police, why would they start shooting tires out on a vehicle for a minor traffic violation when it is obvious to any buffoon that doing so would endanger the public, and gain little.

Of course there are other factors to look at, such as was she wearing a crash helmet as required by law? was she breaking the law carrying more than one passenger and thus not in full control of the bike? were the passengers wearing crash helmets? was she in her correct lane? Had she been drinking during the day? Did she hold a current licence, insurance and tax for the vehicle being driven? All the same questions need to be asked about the driver of the car, except of course the ones about crash helmets and passengers.

More information needed.

Police shot his tyres after he had crashed into the motorbike and dragged it down the road.

The minor traffic violation you refer to include hitting a car and a taxi and colliding with a roadside barrier.

4 hours ago, Spaniel said:

If you have a minor fender bender it would be foolish  to flee the scene, assuming you have insurance.     

My bet is that if he had stopped at the original incident, and the taxi driver had carved him-up with a machete (certainly not suggesting that is what would have happened) most people saying on this thread he should have stopped would have been saying the exact opposite.