Thai Airways rated as world’s best economy airline

webfact

On 6/22/2017 at 4:11 PM, Dave67 said:

I flew with Qatar airways last night from Doha to Bangkok . Nice bit of leg room on the A380 and had a decent kip.  Pretty good food choices Biriyani , Noodles or Chicken steak and the fed us twice on a 6 hour flight. Docked at a gate and not a bus. One of the best I've flown with

Only flew Qatar once well impressed, they even had  The Who's, Won't get fooled again, on the music playlist.  

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

i just flew ThaiAirways from Tokyo to Chiang Mai and was offered no assistance with my baggage at any point after requesting a SSR and notifying Thai prior to boarding in Tokyo.  had surgery in L.A. and was advised of lifting limits by my doctor.  they where aware of this.  they are arrogant. and would not reply to my complaint, nor would they reply to Star Alliance Mr. Christain Daegar head of customer service Franfurt, nor United Customer Care. no reply to either parties from Thai Airways for 2 months.  i had to go to their office. of course they had no idea of any complaint being lodged against them by 3 separate agencies.  typical Thai attitude F off farang.  ANA is much better and i usually fly with them.  thought i would try Thai.  first and last time.  this airline would not survive in the free market.

I agree. Poor service, planes are not updated, food is only decent, poor onboard service, haughty attitude, and on top of all of that, they are overpriced. The only reason I would fly Thai, is if they were less than EVA or a comparable airline. And that is never the case. Without the government subsidy, the airline would probably go under in 6 months. 

The confounding aspect of this, is that they are rated #11 on skytrax. With raves about their business class, and their economy class! Go figure.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 4:22 PM, Naam said:

the "downside" is that i am flying next week Emirates first class to Frankfurt via Dubai and pay 23,000 Baht less than Thai charges for business class. go figure! :whistling:

For 23,000 you can get a return to Oz with only 3 flight changes and 8 to 12 hour stopovers in places that people have never heard of and on airllines a lot of people have never heard of.

Just the thing for turning up fresh and ready for a business meeting.????

Edited by overherebc

My LHR to BKK was awful, hot, and cramped. On the tarmac at LHR the crew were not using their Auxiliary powers source to save money thus creating an in cabin temperature similar to a sweat lodge. Eventually they turned on the Auxiliary power after multiple complaints from sweat soaked customers some who actually used the phrase ' Please use your Auxiliary power unit'  for the AC. The whole flight was hot except the rarely seen staff sat gossiping in a cool area. Dreadful flight, awful service, cramped seat. Massive snaking lines at LHR. On arrival at BKK extremely long walk from plane to passport control. I will never flight with them again. Their website is awful too.