Happy Pride Month! Bangkok named second best LGBT city in Asia

webfact

Happy Pride Month! Bangkok named second best LGBT city in Asia

By Coconuts Bangkok 

bkk.jpg

File photo of the swimming pool at Babylon Bangkok, a hotel popular in the gay community. Photo: Babylon Bangkok/ Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Due to its vibrant gay scene, the international LGBT community voted Bangkok the second most gay-friendly city in Asia, while Tel Aviv, the Israeli city famous for its Pride Parade, has won the top Asia continent spot.

According to a survey by German housing platform Nestpick, Bangkok placed 61st in its ranking of the world’s 100 best LGBT destinations despite the fact that it has not held a pride parade in 11 years and same-sex marriage remains illegal.

Bangkok is one of only five cities on the continent to make it to the list beside Tel Aviv (4th), Hong Kong (83rd), Shanghai (89th), and Beijing (100th).

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/lifestyle/happy-pride-month-bangkok-named-second-best-lgbt-city-asia/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-29

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I remember when being gay meant you were happy........Not knocking the community, each to their own, just an observation on how language changes....:biggrin:

Such an original observation; we've only heard it like a billion times ...

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't fancy anyone in that picture either.

I might if I saw some faces. 

I am sure that they can produce a front picture if you ask nicely. In many places they do anything to help.

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I will just let it stay with that you don´t understand it instead. Just feels a little bit better. Cheers!

It came off as very anti-gay but the sentence structure was so defective that I thought it was worth checking. 

Not like Chiang Mai then... where the police shut down the last Gay Pride as people in a certain coloured shirt turned up with baseball bats ready to batter all the gays.

Just been for a few days in Phuket... and the gay scene there is virtually shut down... every year less and less bars and shows going on.

The gay 'scene' and culture seems to be eroding these days.. with most gay people preferring to stay at home and scroll through photos of guys on their phones to meet up for a quick one with. 

2 minutes ago, bizboi said:

One should know that, that isn’t the point…they would still be competition for one!!

perhaps, but I was refering to gays in my initial post...and if the bi's would also be on the prowl, what to say...cannot win from both sides!!:cheesy:

Edited by observer90210

3 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Not like Chiang Mai then... where the police shut down the last Gay Pride as people in a certain coloured shirt turned up with baseball bats ready to batter all the gays.

Just been for a few days in Phuket... and the gay scene there is virtually shut down... every year less and less bars and shows going on.

The gay 'scene' and culture seems to be eroding these days.. with most gay people preferring to stay at home and scroll through photos of guys on their phones to meet up for a quick one with. 

and watching the toms and tracys going into zetas in RCA isn’t as much fun as it used to be as well!!

Edited by bizboi

6 minutes ago, bizboi said:

No Merkel doesn’t want to upset the muzzles and they throw gays off buildings!!

The latest is that Merkel is pushing marriage equality for Germany, and soon.

Yes, in the past she has been against it but she's going with the majority opinion now.

We'll see. 

3 minutes ago, bizboi said:

aren’t bisexual people half gay?

I will invite you look up the lexical definition of gay in the dictionnary and you will find your answer...if you do not have one I could recommend a great book shop run by a bi sexual gay lady boy lesbian, who would be delighted to give you all the information you need should you wish to reconsider your orientations!:cheesy: