Men's cargo shorts in Thailand -- ugly or hideous?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes too many pockets,but yes your right Jingthing,you can pack a lot of stuff in them,example; wallet[always in side pocket,- upper] keys,mobile,small camera on occasion,2 packs of smokes and lighter,small torch,hip flask,matches[in case lighter fails],firestick [in case matches fail],spare pair of shoelaces,,space blanket and mre 1 of[meal ready to eat],lower left hand pocket,swiss army knife,length of para cord,small tarp[lower right hand pocket],glow sticks ,2 flares,and my piece de resistance a foldaway mess kit.

Men's cargo shorts are hideous only if you have chicken legs or as Thais call them, frog legs. In fact, wearing any type of shorts is hideous if you suffer from the quite common chicken leg disease. If that's the case, get to a gym asap and pump those calf muscles before wearing any shorts in public.

A lot of time the cut of the pattern....I used to have big thighs from playing sports, 29" (was really hard to find pants/levis)  & they are about 3" less now = so not spindly....

But, I make sure to try shorts on now because some are cut so large it does make the legs appear small....If I find some I like I'll get 4 or 5 pair of different colors.....

It's a real bonus to find some with one zipper pocket for security.....

I mostly wear 3/4 length I found online that has a zipper pocket....They don't bell out at the bottom.....

Looking at the "cargo-pants" situation, Charles Darwins theory of Evolution must be questioned. No "evolution" has taken place as far as cargo-pants are concerned, otherwise we would be able to pack a beach-umbrella, a beach-chair and a small charcoal-grill into a pair of cargo-pants. There you have it!
Cheers.

3 minutes ago, swissie said:

Looking at the "cargo-pants" situation, Charles Darwins theory of Evolution must be questioned. No "evolution" has taken place as far as cargo-pants are concerned, otherwise we would be able to pack a beach-umbrella, a beach-chair and a small charcoal-grill into a pair of cargo-pants. There you have it!
Cheers.

But Bob Darwin's of theory of evolution is on track since for evolution to occur one has to procreate . Good luck trying to get laid if you ware cargo pants. 

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Men's cargo shorts are hideous only if you have chicken legs or as Thais call them, frog legs. In fact, wearing any type of shorts is hideous if you suffer from the quite common chicken leg disease. If that's the case, get to a gym asap and pump those calf muscles before wearing any shorts in public.

Hey!

:angry:

I don't think they were very prevalent when I first moved to Thailand in 1989. I brought a few over from Banana Republic and found them great for traveling and trekking, but wore them out over time. I loved when the Thais started making them and selling them in tourist spots, but they are pretty shoddy ones. You can do much better for the same price in the USA. 

14 hours ago, transam said:

Really....Hows that.....?

Only gays & closet gays who haven't come out yet like to wear skinny jeans. Real men wear loose pants to let their package breathe.

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I don't think they were very prevalent when I first moved to Thailand in 1989. I brought a few over from Banana Republic and found them great for traveling and trekking, but wore them out over time. I loved when the Thais started making them and selling them in tourist spots, but they are pretty shoddy ones. You can do much better for the same price in the USA. 

Yep .....

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Only gays & closet gays who haven't come out yet like to wear skinny jeans. Real men wear loose pants to let their package breathe.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that....great.gif.23e6f9b34675e378e249a576d676fa07.gif

If you are over 30 ish,skinny jeans are a no no,women do not enjoy seeing a guys package presented like this well most don't,also not good for the sperm ,they tend to overheat.Back to the cargo shorts,it would be great if they could develop a back pocket like the Tardis in doctor who,then you could quite literally disapear up your own arse.

I find with the cargo shorts that if I carry too much in the pockets they tend to be dragged down so the crotch is about knee level. Do you think wearing braces with cargo shorts would be a good look?

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I find with the cargo shorts that if I carry too much in the pockets they tend to be dragged down so the crotch is about knee level. Do you think wearing braces with cargo shorts would be a good look?

I think that would be an excellent and stylish look,now combine that with socks and sandals,my dear chap,the world is your lobster.

18 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

... and money.

No sir,i said wallet upper right pocket i think,mind you i did not say if it contained money,so i will give you that,also in said wallet i always carry a condom,concealed in a secretive zipped part. In fact i put a condom in one of my girls purses a while back as a joke,but she has that many bloody purses i cannot remember which one,she never commented on it..........

38 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Only with high black socks & garters.....Maybe striped socks - to complete the look....

10 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

No sir,i said wallet upper right pocket i think,mind you i did not say if it contained money,so i will give you that,also in said wallet i always carry a condom,concealed in a secretive zipped part. In fact i put a condom in one of my girls purses a while back as a joke,but she has that many bloody purses i cannot remember which one,she never commented on it..........

Better check the other purses - they might have one already in them = 2 in the one you added to.....