Trump blasts states for refusing to hand over voter data

rooster59

47 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Democrats try to muddy the waters by claiming no voter fraud because they only count votes against voter rolls i.e. People trying to vote more than once. The real problem is illegal immigrants voting. But most Democrats support illegals voting. 

Good of story about it

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-is-right-millions-of-illegals-probably-did-vote-in-2016/

They use the same flawed source addressed above:  33,000 people surveyed, only 339 identified themselves as non-citizens (1%, as opposed to over 10% of the general population), and of these 339 non-citizens, 38 claimed to have voted in the 2014 election.  The survey was fatally flawed, it grossly under-represented the number of non-citizens in the population, and identified a trivial number of non-citizens who claimed to have voted.

You can not draw valid conclusions from obviously flawed data.  Only a fake news source would attempt to do so. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

They use the same flawed source addressed above:  33,000 people surveyed, only 339 identified themselves as non-citizens (1%, as opposed to over 10% of the general population), and of these 339 non-citizens, 38 claimed to have voted in the 2014 election.  The survey was fatally flawed, it grossly under-represented the number of non-citizens in the population, and identified a trivial number of non-citizens who claimed to have voted.

You can not draw valid conclusions from obviously flawed data.  Only a fake news source would attempt to do so. 

Sorry wrong

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261379414000973

9 minutes ago, Credo said:

This is just another example of the federal government trying to tread on States' Rights.   

Exactly. And this is being demanded by a complete hypocrite who campaigned on his support for states rights, among other lies.

54 minutes ago, Rigby40 said:

Trump likely won the popular vote as well.

The same BS based on the same misused survey:    http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2017/jun/22/ainsley-earhardt/following-trump-voter-fraud-allegations-claim-57-m/

19 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

A link to an abstract making vague claims and offering to sell the study results.  If you've paid for the study results feel free to post relevant sections here.

Most American i know are good people They are fun to go out with laugh Overall America is a great country The people on average are good people. But to put an idiot in charge of a great nation you have to scratch your head  Was Hillary that bad to vote for? I believe Forrest Gump could of beaten Trump in the election For a start he was smarter Than Trump  Gump verses Trump sounds different 

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

The same BS based on the same misused survey:    http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2017/jun/22/ainsley-earhardt/following-trump-voter-fraud-allegations-claim-57-m/

A link to an abstract making vague claims and offering to sell the study results.  If you've paid for the study results feel free to post relevant sections here.

Read the summary !

noncitizen voting likely changed the result the electoral college and the composition of congress!

non citizens favor Democrats (and Democrats favor noncitizen voters apparently)

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

James Richman, the lead author, says the paper does not prove large scale voter fraud.

Does not prove. Professors research in fact is not proof in a court of law. He's surrounded by liberal bonehead who are furious that he's spilled the beans. 

Read ad the summary is you are to lazy to read the report. 

Noncitizen voting likely changed the congress in favor of the Democrats in 2008!  

No wonder you don't want to hand over and data. Scared?

8 hours ago, heybruce said:

4 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Read the summary !

noncitizen voting likely changed the result the electoral college and the composition of congress!

non citizens favor Democrats (and Democrats favor noncitizen voters apparently)

Those words are not in the link you provided.  I assume you meant the "summary" (properly called "abstract") in this link:  http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261379414000973  This abstract has nothing specific but does state:

" This study examines participation rates by non-citizens using a nationally representative sample that includes non-citizen immigrants. "

Those are the words frequently used to describe the data from the Old Dominion survey, which has been thoroughly discredited.  You can read the politifact link for details on this.  Unless you can provide a link to the complete sciencedirect study, you have no argument.

It's telling about the people who want to justify claims of election fraud that they all go back to the same 2008 study and draw broad conclusions from 39 respondents in a survey of 32,800 people.  Clearly they haven't been able to find credible evidence, so keep misinterpreting date from a nine year old survey that grossly under-represented non-citizen residents and showed trivial amounts of illegal voting.

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"he" in this case is a Youtuber who's only source is the discredited Justfacts claims.

I meant I'm not making a claim that Trump("he") won the popular vote.

But to your point actually it's not just the one youtuber, this has been talked about plenty by others as well, long before that particular video came out.

Anyway, the world may never know either way. I don't really care a whole lot, I was just providing a different perspective.

Carry on.

Edited by Rigby40

23 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

You're confused. This is about governments keeping their promises to keep citizens' personal information pŕivate.

Maybe I am confused. I thought citizens were supposed to be able to question their election process to insure elections were legal and honest. Just last week a person was in the U.S. news for admitting that he was registering dead people for U.S. elections. And I remember a national group named ACORN who was caught (documented on video) doing the same thing "nationally" several years ago.

I do not remember any government "promising" to keep citizens personal information private. Please tell me where?

Anyone who in the U.S. who has a drivers license, passport, credit card, social security card, facebook account, etc., etc. already has their personal information in the public domain.

And there are many companies who make a business of selling "detailed" personal information to anyone who can pay.

So, Trump is now spending federal money, your tax money, because he wants to proof he won the popular vote?

We all know that he won the election, the proof is the clown himself in the WH!

I know you trumeteers like winning, same as Trump, so the only thing Trump can do and his admirers love is to keep bringing up his only win.

Somehow I get these picterus from his incarceration day in mind again.

Man, it has to be nice to live in your small little world, with no concern to reality or just normal human behavior. You know, respect, doing the work you supposed to do, instead of playing golf.

But than, for the trumpeteers, Trump can do everything and they don't care. But if people don't agree with there master they act the same as there master.

If I offend some trump fans with this post, than sorry, but maby, maby, you take the importance of your country and the office of POTUS serious.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Those words are not in the link you provided.  I assume you meant the "summary" (properly called "abstract") in this link:  http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261379414000973  This abstract has nothing specific but does state:

" This study examines participation rates by non-citizens using a nationally representative sample that includes non-citizen immigrants. "

Those are the words frequently used to describe the data from the Old Dominion survey, which has been thoroughly discredited.  You can read the politifact link for details on this.  Unless you can provide a link to the complete sciencedirect study, you have no argument.

It's telling about the people who want to justify claims of election fraud that they all go back to the same 2008 study and draw broad conclusions from 39 respondents in a survey of 32,800 people.  Clearly they haven't been able to find credible evidence, so keep misinterpreting date from a nine year old survey that grossly under-represented non-citizen residents and showed trivial amounts of illegal voting.

Study is credible and here is are the highlights

Highlights

First use of representative sample to measure non-citizen voting in USA.

Some non-citizens cast votes in U.S. elections despite legal bans.

Non-citizens favor Democratic candidates over Republican candidates.

Non-citizen voting likely changed 2008 outcomes including Electoral College votes and the composition of Congress.

Voter photo-identification rules have limited effect on non-citizen participation.

Edited by funandsuninbangkok

3 hours ago, KenKadz said:

Maybe I am confused. I thought citizens were supposed to be able to question their election process to insure elections were legal and honest. Just last week a person was in the U.S. news for admitting that he was registering dead people for U.S. elections. And I remember a national group named ACORN who was caught (documented on video) doing the same thing "nationally" several years ago.

I do not remember any government "promising" to keep citizens personal information private. Please tell me where?

Anyone who in the U.S. who has a drivers license, passport, credit card, social security card, facebook account, etc., etc. already has their personal information in the public domain.

And there are many companies who make a business of selling "detailed" personal information to anyone who can pay.

excellent point!    More proof of massive fraud - 20% of Rhode Island voters no longer live in state!  Two Democratic Senators hail from RI!   No wonder Dems are hiding the voter rolls!  

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/07/02/nearly-20-of-rhode-island-registered-voters-live-out-of-state/

When the fake news claims there is no proof, ask them when the last time them did an investigation into voter fraud.  Never is the answer.  Easiest story in the world.  Get voter rolls for LA or NY and knock on doors. see who answers compared to who is registered. See if they are US citizens.  They wont do it of course. 

2 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

excellent point!    More proof of massive fraud - 20% of Rhode Island voters no longer live in state!  Two Democratic Senators hail from RI!   No wonder Dems are hiding the voter rolls!  

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/07/02/nearly-20-of-rhode-island-registered-voters-live-out-of-state/

When the fake news claims there is no proof, ask them when the last time them did an investigation into voter fraud.  Never is the answer.  Easiest story in the world.  Get voter rolls for LA or NY and knock on doors. see who answers compared to who is registered. See if they are US citizens.  They wont do it of course. 

They didn't have to. 5 states where the governorship and the legislature was controlled by Republicans did massive investigations into voter fraud. They came up with virtually nothing. Virtually nothing. Virtually nothing.

46 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

They didn't have to. 5 states where the governorship and the legislature was controlled by Republicans did massive investigations into voter fraud. They came up with virtually nothing. Virtually nothing. Virtually nothing.

Of course!

republican governments are not corrupt!

1 minute ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Of course!

republican governments are not corrupt!

How ignorant can you be? Kros Kobach, of Kansas, who is now vice chairmen of Trump's commission, was one of those Republicans who headed an investigation and came up with virtually zilch .Republican governments have been looking for evidence to justify voter id and other restrictive rules that work against Democratic voters. 

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

How ignorant can you be? Kros Kobach, of Kansas, who is now vice chairmen of Trump's commission, was one of those Republicans who headed an investigation and came up with virtually zilch .Republican governments have been looking for evidence to justify voter id and other restrictive rules that work against Democratic voters. 

Well I'm not so ignorant as to accept Democrats' claims that they are against an investigation into voter fraud because of privacy. 

After all, they gave us FATCA, the greatest invasion of privacy ever.

They fear losing a huge portion of their voter base is the more likely reason. 

Just now, funandsuninbangkok said:

Well I'm not so ignorant as to accept Democrats' claims that they are against an investigation into voter fraud because of privacy. 

After all, they gave us FATCA, the greatest invasion of privacy ever.

They fear losing a huge portion of their voter base is the more likely reason. 

Once again, 5 states headed by Republican governors and with Republican legislatures did an exhaustive search into voter fraud. They came up with virtually nothing. This wasn't based on polls or statistics. These were exhaustive and nitty-gritty investigations.  One was done by Kris Kobach, the vice-chairman of Trump's electoral commission. He came up with virtually zilch. As did all the others.

And of course, there's an all-too-familiar hypocrisy behind this. The same right wingers who lash out at statistical studies and polling, in this case, prefer the results of one outlier study over actual recounts and granular investigation of individual voters.