Most people not aware what Prayut govt has done: poll

rooster59

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

well if you don't like it here so much why not move and stop whinging....  lol

I guess you didn't like it here under the various Shin administration's, right?

So why didn't you leave back then, Steve? It would be REALLY interesting to have your answer!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's the old saying... Ignorance is bliss... In the current case, it's probably best that a lot of Thai people DON'T know what the government has been doing. They'll probably be happier that way.  Remember returning happiness to the people???

As for fighting corruption, someone's auditioning for their own late night comedy show, right?  Years on now, and nothing meaningful done about the BIB. Years on now, and grafting is still prevalent throughout the government and in contracting. Lots of folks running around with "unusual wealth" and not willing to disclose what they have or where it came from. Nothing done to curb the use of criminal defamation against whistle-blowers. Officials who do get accused and caught generally drift away into transfers or "inactive posts". And the latest U.S. trafficking report noting that Thailand can't seem to actually convict govt. officials accused of involvement in human trafficking.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

It is a blessing that the Junta are in charge and Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is in the top job. He has worked hard, however some farang just want to throw mud at any news article whether it's a new project being planned or anything to do with his work.

Who kept the media and thai's continuously informed with running TV broadcasts every friday night then daily in some cases.

Who represented Thailand at the UN General assembly and spoke in front of the US president and officials. Do you really think his predecessors were even near professional enough to do what he did ... ?

Who managed to get the China-Thai high speed rail project up and running with 80% going to Thai contractors.

Who cleaned up areas of Sukhumvit which were once plagued by street carts and almost impassable to pedestrians.

Who is looking to implement road safety rules with the banning of persons riding in the back of pickups.

Who is chasing previously convicted criminals to recover millions or billions of baht taken from the thai economy and taxes not paid.

Who is keeping the country running so it is not plagued with lawlessness, protests that block the streets and affect everyday thai's just wanting to go about their business. Who is chasing those suspected of fraudulent rice schemes that cost Thailand billions of baht which can never be recovered because of prices promised and never delivered.

I could go on with more .....   there are dozens upon dozens of activities that Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha has achieved or is pushing to achieve.

But some farang are never happy with the way things are no matter how hard the government works they will always whinge. This shows one's lack of understanding Thai politics and the reason someone such as the Junta and Khun Prayuth has to be in charge to control the troublemakers.

Those whingers and whiners wouldn't even hold a candle to the General. They wouldn't know the first thing about his job.

I think the current government is doing a good job. It is certainly much better than his predecessors. As such one can only hope that the Junta stay in control for as long as possible and hopefully at least 10yrs or longer.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha :wai:

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ pics of Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha

God  almighty and i thought it was going to be a  joke originally............. whatever you have had i want some !

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

And a hell lost worse than what it could have been without the military.

I don't know where you live, but in Asoke where I live and work, the place was a powderkeg before the coup.  Sukhumvit shut down and people camping on the road, Lumpini Park was pretty much an armed camp, hundreds of self appointed bands of thugs providing "security" for their camps, ping pong (and bigger) bombs going off pretty much daily.

My employer had rented a couple of floors of a hotel in Hua Hin for a bug-out location, with a lot of the local Thai's choosing to office there instead of Asoke- for their safety.

A few days after the coup, it was all back to normal.  Though I wish they had kept Sukhumvit as a walking mall.

So I'm with Steven.  Thailand's problems are decades, even centuries in the making, and aren't going to be solved with one peaceful coup.  (A Lenin style coup where their goal is to get rid of about 10% of the population would work, but who's in favor of that?)  Anyone who thinks he can solve the big problems in a few years is underestimating the complexity of Thai politics and the power of money.  Any leader here is surrounded by nefarious actors being paid to report everything that goes on, along with others who will gladly take him out on the orders of the rich and powerful.

All in all, things are a lot better than they were under the illusion of democracy where the people could only vote for the public faces of the Elite, who call all the shots anyway under their silver or lead incentive program.  That's kleptocracy, not democracy.

Edited by impulse

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

ONLY 20 per cent of people surveyed in a new Suan Dusit poll said they knew what the Prayut Chan-o-cha government had accomplished.

This definitely a major reason to delay elections another 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Ivor Edwards said:

Put me down for that too. I haven't a clue what he's done. I know lots about what he's said he's done, and a lot about what he says he's going to do. I s'pose I ought to be more gullible.

....or perhaps a bit more observant and a little less myopic...

Well......eating sandwiches is now a political offence whereas it wasn't before.

Reading George Orwell is not allowed in public.

Liking a Facebook post might find you guilty of commiting a crime.

Saying nothing at all except 'yes' is now an LM offence.

Unelected officials placed in power after the coup claim two salaries, their military one and their civilian one. In addition there is nothing wrong when these unelected officials employ the close family as secretaries etc, even when one officials wife was given several different jobs all on nice salary. Press criticism of this was quickly stifled.

I could go on but why bother when everyone knows he is here to say.

If this government has taught anybody anything it is that article 44 is a very useful tool for the head honcho to have.

In the proposed sham elections that are coming, will the new government also be allowed to keep article 44 ? Be interesting to see what the Democrats or Phua Thai would do with it.

Edited by Denim

33 minutes ago, impulse said:

I don't know where you live, but in Asoke where I live and work, the place was a powderkeg before the coup.  Sukhumvit shut down and people camping on the road, Lumpini Park was pretty much an armed camp, hundreds of self appointed bands of thugs providing "security" for their camps, ping pong (and bigger) bombs going off pretty much daily.

My employer had rented a couple of floors of a hotel in Hua Hin for a bug-out location, with a lot of the local Thai's choosing to office there instead of Asoke- for their safety.

A few days after the coup, it was all back to normal.  Though I wish they had kept Sukhumvit as a walking mall.

So I'm with Steven.  Thailand's problems are decades, even centuries in the making, and aren't going to be solved with one peaceful coup.  (A Lenin style coup where their goal is to get rid of about 10% of the population would work, but who's in favor of that?)  Anyone who thinks he can solve the big problems in a few years is underestimating the complexity of Thai politics and the power of money.  Any leader here is surrounded by nefarious actors being paid to report everything that goes on, along with others who will gladly take him out on the orders of the rich and powerful.

All in all, things are a lot better than they were under the illusion of democracy where the people could only vote for the public faces of the Elite, who call all the shots anyway under their silver or lead incentive program.  That's kleptocracy, not democracy.

You do know who is partly to blame for the powderkeg you are describing right?

Wasn't it Suthep whipping up the protestors and organizing them in the streets?

And on who's orders was he doing that again?

Hmmm, according to HIMSELF he was doing it on the orders of .... hmmmm, the person you are now praising.

6 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Hmmm, according to HIMSELF he was doing it on the orders of .... hmmmm, the person you are now praising.

You do understand there's a a difference between praising someone and conceding that they have done some good, right?

And that Einstein's definition of insanity can be applied to entire societies when they have election after election, yet the trough is still packed with leeches- just with different faces. And just like the nasty leeches found in fetid water, too many of them sucking blood out of the host can kill the host.  That's about as good an analogy as any for what's happened to Thailand.  

Thailand needs someone to control access to the trough so there's enough left over after the leeching to actually grow the economy.  Decades of elections seem unable to instill any control.

20 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Suthep wasn't behind the latest coup, if that's what you were getting at. 

Suthep was only doing what he was told, on the basis that he would do well out of it. I strongly suspect that someone will do a Sondhi Lim on him if they feel he won't shut up about the conspiracy of which he has already owned up to being a part of. I see the execrable Buddha Issara has sunk without a trace too. There must be a God.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

well if you don't like it here so much why not move and stop whinging....  lol

What a smart reply. From which source did you copy it? It's a bit like: If your house is on fire- buy another one.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

And just who was behind all the confusion you state. The mad monk and the military.

It stoped because they then took control. Do you really think they were going to continue to act the same against themselves. They achieved what they wanted and even moreso, in that apparently, some are unable to interpret the unfolding events and their intentions despite it being a repeat of the same old, tried and tested plan

Edited by Reigntax

The good General can now proclaim that 80% of the respondents are not good Thais, because if they were, they would know, and they would approve, and they'd be happy, all thanks to him.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

It is a blessing that the Junta are in charge and Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is in the top job. He has worked hard, however some farang just want to throw mud at any news article whether it's a new project being planned or anything to do with his work.

Who kept the media and thai's continuously informed with running TV broadcasts every friday night then daily in some cases.

Who represented Thailand at the UN General assembly and spoke in front of the US president and officials. Do you really think his predecessors were even near professional enough to do what he did ... ?

Who managed to get the China-Thai high speed rail project up and running with 80% going to Thai contractors.

Who cleaned up areas of Sukhumvit which were once plagued by street carts and almost impassable to pedestrians.

Who is looking to implement road safety rules with the banning of persons riding in the back of pickups.

Who is chasing previously convicted criminals to recover millions or billions of baht taken from the thai economy and taxes not paid.

Who is keeping the country running so it is not plagued with lawlessness, protests that block the streets and affect everyday thai's just wanting to go about their business. Who is chasing those suspected of fraudulent rice schemes that cost Thailand billions of baht which can never be recovered because of prices promised and never delivered.

I could go on with more .....   there are dozens upon dozens of activities that Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha has achieved or is pushing to achieve.

But some farang are never happy with the way things are no matter how hard the government works they will always whinge. This shows one's lack of understanding Thai politics and the reason someone such as the Junta and Khun Prayuth has to be in charge to control the troublemakers.

Those whingers and whiners wouldn't even hold a candle to the General. They wouldn't know the first thing about his job.

I think the current government is doing a good job. It is certainly much better than his predecessors. As such one can only hope that the Junta stay in control for as long as possible and hopefully at least 10yrs or longer.

LM<deleted>AO

5 hours ago, amexpat said:

Pretty good.  It took 18 posts before the old "love it or leave it" crap came out.

To be fair though, he posted it twice.

Simple answers for simple minds.

LOL, yes, I guess he assumes that loving a person or a country means loving absolutely everything about that person or country and leaving one's brain at the airport storage room on arrival. But love doesn't work that way. An old saying springs to mind : 'spare the rod, spoil the child'.

I personally dislike the pointless Thai-bashing posts that all too often pollute this forum : the lame, idiotic, and repetitive 'TIT', the stupid comments about Buddhism when a monk is caught misbehaving, the tendency to forget that 99% of the terrible things reported daily on the Thai news also happen in other countries, because that's what media talk about, everywhere. I never miss an occasion to disagree with stupid generalizations, which are also 'simple answers for simple minds'.

Does that mean I have to like everything about Thailand ? I have to respect  Thai culture because I live here, that's obvious to me, but do I have to like  everything about it ? Of course not.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Er... ahem... have they done anything?

They still preside over a very corrupt police force who prey mostly on working class drivers and motorbike riders to fill there corrupt pockets, and

refuse to enforce the laws therefore leading to dreadful road fatalities. That about sums up the "good" job they are doing.

40 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

LOL, yes, I guess he assumes that loving a person or a country means loving absolutely everything about that person or country and leaving one's brain at the airport storage room on arrival. But love doesn't work that way. An old saying springs to mind : 'spare the rod, spoil the child'.

I personally dislike the pointless Thai-bashing posts that all too often pollute this forum : the lame, idiotic, and repetitive 'TIT', the stupid comments about Buddhism when a monk is caught misbehaving, the tendency to forget that 99% of the terrible things reported daily on the Thai news also happen in other countries, because that's what media talk about, everywhere. I never miss an occasion to disagree with stupid generalizations, which are also 'simple answers for simple minds'.

Does that mean I have to like everything about Thailand ? I have to respect  Thai culture because I live here, that's obvious to me, but do I have to like  everything about it ? Of course not.

Can't argue with the frank view. But why do you think there are so many (so-called) Thai-bashing posts? Has to be a reason.

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Well aware of what he has done.  He folded deck chairs, stripped freedom of speach, gagged the media, threatened to shut down facebook, signed a contract for military toys, dispatched the army to cover up a female singer, wrote poetry, songs, television dramas and won the hearts of Thai children living abroad.  He has been busy, as he personally stated last week to busy for politics.

You forgot the 80 baht lottery tickets. A major acheivement eventually.

1 hour ago, Ivor Edwards said:

Can't argue with the frank view. But why do you think there are so many (so-called) Thai-bashing posts? Has to be a reason.

Could it be that so many (so-called) human beings don't have enough brains to fill a thimble ?

Talk with expats all over the world, Ivor, from whatever country they're from, and you'll find out that 90% of them are constantly criticizing the country they live in, without the least interest for objectivity. It's a stereotyped behavior.

Just on South Asia, read Burmese Days by Orwell, read A long Day Wanes by Anthony Burgess, read Somerset Maugham's short stories ... all of them nailed and described this behavior in detail. It's sometimes comical, sometimes tragic, but mostly ... it's pathetic.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

LOL.

Jesus wept, you REALLY need help.