Police to summon a Facebook user for posting alleged marijuana smoking at Suvarnabhumi airport

Police to summon a Facebook user for posting alleged marijuana smoking at Suvarnabhumi airport 

tobacco.jpg

Suvarnabhumi airport police are to summon a Facebook user for clarification after she posted a picture of a male passenger smoking something which she indicated was marijuana at the airport’s smoking room.

Such post has tarnished the reputation of the airport and the country, the police said at a press conference Saturday (July 8).

Airport police said they have investigated and checked the smoking room after the Facebook post.

Initial finding showed it was a group of Vietnamese people and what they smoked was not marijuana but tobacco, the police said.

It looked like they were smoking tobacco in a Vietnamese style, police added.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-summon-facebook-user-posting-alleged-marijuana-smoking-suvarnabhumi-airport/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-09

Tarnished the image and reputation of Thailand, what rubbish who even knew of this until the police decided to blow it up and publicise it globally on social media.  There are far bigger things like human trafficking, officials having sex with children etc that do much more to tarnish Thailand's image than a couple of Vietnamese tourists smoking tobacco in a designated smoking area.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Those filthy crappy smokingrooms should be on more pictures, how can you put quality tourists in dirty stinkholes like that?

Get rid of them all together I say, change them into gunja smoking rooms only, at least that way we don't have to put up with vial cigarette smoke that seeps out into the main area, rather be stoned then smell crappy cigarette smoke, and I swear the next idiot that lights up next to me while I'm eating in a restaurant is going to get a taste of my farts !

Edited by 4MyEgo

"Such post has tarnished the reputation of the airport and the country..."

Now, that really takes some doing! Who thought it could get any worse?

Edited by jaltsc

Those filthy crappy smokingrooms should be on more pictures, how can you put quality tourists in dirty stinkholes like that?

Smoking permitted rooms in the airport are voluntary.

No one is forced to go there unless they wish to have a cigarette.

As a non smoker I have never been in those closed off rooms in the airport

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Suvarnabhumi airport police are to summon a Facebook user for clarification after she posted a picture of a male passenger smoking something which she indicated was marijuana at the airport’s smoking room.

Ah, that fb thing again. 

Except this time the poster was was trying to show someone else doing something illegal. 

Was she with the group that was smoking, or was this an attempt to humiliate a stranger online, in a pathetic attempt to get "likes". 

Did the post contain a self rightous comment about not respecting the laws of the country?

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

They don't put them in.

They volunteer to go in because of their stupid, filthy addiction. 

Police prefer Dunks to Weedies Easy to spot a Drunk He's either fallen over , crashed his Mocy , beaten his Wife ,then they Nab him whilst he pisses in as Shop Doorway. Being The Land of Smiles a Toter ain't easy to Spot .He blends in Grinining Away , whist ranting about Global Warming or Gay Rights.?[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

vial cigarette

Vial cigarettes are supposedly banned in Thailand, but can be smelled at many nightclubs. Vile cigarettes, on the other hand, continue to be popular outside the door of most nightclubs!!!

Like I've always said; the only real crime in Thailand is making people lose face. Everyday you have people and agencies, etc,  doing immoral things to cover up immoral things in the quest to look 'moral'. 

And it's nothing more than a p****** contest with imaginary rivals. "Look how great we are. We are better than you. We have the most and best morals" - childish, delusional and completely narcissistic.

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

You can always just hold off til you get to your destination!

1 hour ago, wirat69 said:

Vial cigarettes are supposedly banned in Thailand, but can be smelled at many nightclubs. Vile cigarettes, on the other hand, continue to be popular outside the door of most nightclubs!!!

When quoting someone its always best to put the entire sentence in, i.e. "vial cigarette smoke" surprised you actually couldn't see through the typo "vile", talk about pedantic 

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Get rid of them all together I say, change them into gunja smoking rooms only, at least that way we don't have to put up with vial cigarette smoke that seeps out into the main area, rather be stoned then smell crappy cigarette smoke, and I swear the next idiot that lights up next to me while I'm eating in a restaurant is going to get a taste of my farts !

Hmm,

Airport cops reviewing FB postings spot a allegid pot party, presumably posting was by a Thai girl.  Call her in for a chat.

They go to the smoking room and find the evidence, but it's negative or nonconclusive.

Story is total <deleted>. Tiime line is wierd.

Such quick reaction by the cops, Saw the FB post, got the evidence from the room before it was binned. Found the poster, printed the photos for the 'finger point' and interviewed the poster.

Now what?  Issue an immigration alert for the smokers? International arrest warrant to extradite the smoker from Vietnam? 

The only thing that tarnishes the reputation is the story and attempt at self pubicity by the finger pointer.

Who dreams this <deleted> up?

And knowing Vietnamese psyc well, it was probably smack.

I saw some people looking askance at a guy smoking a kretek ( clove cigarette) , clearly believing there was something dodgy about it. They smell far better than the repulsive analogue stinkers, IMO.

Those BKK smoking rooms are vile. If it's not the smell it's the users , mostly PRC and Korean, who hawk and spit into the ashtrays. Repugnant,regardless of whether it's a cultural thing.The cleaners don't get paid enough for the job they have to do.

Edited by Prbkk

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah, that fb thing again. 

Except this time the poster was was trying to show someone else doing something illegal. 

Was she with the group that was smoking, or was this an attempt to humiliate a stranger online, in a pathetic attempt to get "likes". 

Did the post contain a self rightous comment about not respecting the laws of the country?

And don't Thais typically try to sue or file complaints if the action of that person caused them harm, regardless of whethere the alleged perpertator was in the wrong!

5 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Smoking permitted rooms in the airport are voluntary.

No one is forced to go there unless they wish to have a cigarette.

As a non smoker I have never been in those closed off rooms in the airport

Your wrong, the cleaning staff are forced to go in there.

I have to admit that those smoking rooms are pretty repugnant, even when I used them I hated them, anyway, my point is, this all took place in the departures area of the airport, so one can assume then that by the time it came to the attention of the BiB that both the miscreant and FB poster would be airborne, so why are the idiots that pretend to be police even bothering. F*****g Morons.